WiFi problem on TW 4.4.2

Search This thread

Richard_10

I suffer from a buggy WiFi after I installed the Official TW 4.4.2 poland. When I try to turn the wifi on, it takes a very long time, then I have to re-enter the password of my home hotspot again ( each time the wifi is on ).
I tried many solutions like : factory reset, flash leak firmware, flash custom rom. But none of it corrected the problem.
When I searched through the forum I found out that I'm not the only one having this problem, as samsung changed the wifi driver in the latest rom.
Anyone that have the same problem or could help solve it feel free to express his mind.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

sixcherries

Sep 6, 2010
Perth
Samsung Galaxy S8
...Really. No reply. I have had this issue from the moment I flashed the Poland firmware and it just won'tgo away.
At first it wouldn't turn on after initial setup and google account starts restoring. At least now (after flashing and reflashing and redownloading and and ... I can't even remember now) it comes back on after a reboot but it takes a while to actually come on and I have to re-enter ssid and password etc EVERY time!... I change my mind now...:silly: take me back to a speedy 4.3 = ( The longer I use the same ROM, the happier I get with my fine-tuning - And then I go change ROM. Always regret it. I just want that one feature from that ROM integrated into mine but before I know it, I'm flash happy for days on end trying to discover a new ROM which is never better than months of tweaking the ROM you already had! This update is terrible. It lags here, there and every 15seconds it feels like.

Can you please tell me if you've managed to sort out your WiFi issue?
..Sorry for my moan. In a way (and I apologise for this) but I'm almost glad I've found someone else with the same issue.

Today I will find the solution. And let you know when I do :D

Richard_10

..Sorry for my moan. In a way (and I apologise for this) but I'm almost glad I've found someone else with the same issue.

Today I will find the solution. And let you know when I do :D

I'm happy to have your support. and I assure you that I'm looking desperately to find a solution too. back in th general thread (Official kitkat for N9005 ) I commented on 4 people having this issue. there was no support that's why I thought I'd come to Help and troubleshooting thread.

sixcherries

Sep 6, 2010
Perth
Samsung Galaxy S8
Yeh there are a couple of others with this issue but not many surprisingly. I made my first comment regarding this issue in that thread but it didn't seem to affect many.
I have downloaded every ROM that can be flashed with 4.4.2 Bootloader and I'm just about to begin trying them all. Seeing as though the problem has come in through Odin I'm not sure if flashing these ROM's through CWM will affect it.
...About to find out :)

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

OMG:laugh::good:

First one I tried.. well, it's about the 4th ROM I've tried in the last few days but IT WORKS IT WORKS!
After Initial setup it usually lasts 15-20 seconds before itauto disconnects and I know from then on I have problems.
The first switch on, which is like the 3rd step in setup, Wifi flicked 'On' almost instantly and I knew it was different straight away. I've rebooted and it auto connected to my wifi!

Download and flash JACKAWAY ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2555247
It uses aroma installer too.

The only problem that has persisted through everything but hasn't bothered me is I get 'Force Close' of Remote Controls. Don;t know why but that is still happening.

I wonder if the misses is still talking to me ...:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

I removed SDCard this time also. I still haven't put it back in. Just so you know, I installed, setupand rebooted first time Without SDcard inserted.

Best of luck

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Wifi is fast again. And it isn't lagging like it was

Last edited:

Richard_10

I got the remote controls force close too. I'm gonna try jack away right away abd see if things are gonna go as well as the went for you. But I didn't understand the sd card part of the process. Did you removed it right after you flashed the rom, befire it restarted ?

sixcherries

Sep 6, 2010
Perth
Samsung Galaxy S8
I turned the phone off completely. Then took battery off and removed the SD. Put battery back in and booted into Recovery (Vol_up + home). Then I plugged in my USBHost adapter with a 32gb USB stick which had the Jackaway ROM zip on it. Then just went to 'Install zip' -> 'choose zip from /storage/usbdisk' and selected 'Jackaway ROM.zip'

If you don't have a USB On-the-go cable, then plug into your computer and copy the ROM file to /sdcard (make sure you don't copy the file to /ExtSdCard otherwise it won't be there when you boot into recovery without the SDcard! Then turn phone 'Off'. Remove SD. andboot into Recovery. Erase data/factory reset, format /system. Choose 'Install zip from /sdcard'. Wulla

Let meknow if you get stuck

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Yeh I figured that was it. In titanium backup there are 3 x 'remote controls'. Don't know which one is causing the problem so i'll freeze them one by one and sort it.

Flowbax

Jun 25, 2011
In Paradise
Same issues here. My WiFi password is forgotten and remote controls FC after every reboot. Tried everything. Weird that It only happens to a very few users. Will try Jackyaway ROM as suggested to see how it works. I personally want something as close to stock as possible.

Richard_10

Same issues here. My WiFi password is forgotten and remote controls FC after every reboot. Tried everything. Weird that It only happens to a very few users. Will try Jackyaway ROM as suggested to see how it works. I personally want something as close to stock as possible.

Try jackaway rom. You'll be alright