[MULTITOOL]ROM Tools PC v3 [Updated 8 May 2013]

Search This thread

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Hi guys,

Here is third version of my ROM Tools PC Version (Automatic decompile classes.dex file to edit smali content) exclusively for Galaxy Y and Galaxy Ace I

Not sure what's going on... I've used this before, and no problem. Now, I get 'classes.dex not in input folder, please put it there...' error, even though my classes.dex is there. I've tried on 2 different computers, and double-checked Java, etc... Any ideas? Or, can I get older version?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Here is third version of my ROM Tools PC Version (Automatic decompile classes.dex file to edit smali content) exclusively for Galaxy Y and Galaxy Ace I

Totally tested for every feature and bug free, it is now loaded with new awesome features.

Screenshot:

46402790.png

24439260.png

Changelog :

Code:
    Version 3

8 May 2013

-Added many new features

-Option to reboot
    -Option to recovery
    -Option to Hot Reboot

-Option to view and save logcat with nice integration of verbose and long command

-Option to fix permissions

-Option to RESET PASSWORD of pattern lock or passwork or pin 
    -Added a small Easter egg

Version 2

18 April 2013

- Changed it from a script to multi tool
    - Added folders for convenience
    - Made eye candy
    - Made it noob proof
    - It's like changing Baichung Bhutiya to Lionel Messi

Version 1

- Just one smali.bat file and one baksmali.bat file with one one line each of commands to Baksmaling and Smaling (duh!)

PHP:
    I am not responsible for your device being dead, 
    you flashing stock ROM, 
    you using your device as a brick, 
    or the decrease in love of your Girlfriend because you use your mobile so much

What does it do?

As you are aware, there are smali files in jar files and apks you need to edit for adding 4-way boot into power menu, extending Power options, changing clock colour, adding CRT effect, changing the pop up that comes up when you touch the easter egg image, adding brightness slidebar, adding lidroid toggles, etc and so manyyyy things

In order to edit them, you need to decompile apk and classes.dex
    It is not a problem in editing smali files of apk as they are decompiled itself by APK-Multitool(I use it)

But, it does not work for jar files

I know that there is smali.jar and baksmali.jar for it but I don't like repeatedly commading same operations when I can do it with one click

This program decompiles and recompiles classes.dex from any jar or apk in one click(very useful when you only need to decompile dex file only)

However, it's main objective is to recompile and decompile classes.dex only, but I added few more option to make it really a full fledged ROM Tool

Expect a few more features in upcoming releases

Pre-Requisites:-

*PC
    *My Tool
    *Java JDK(or JRE) (If you are running Windows 7 64 bit, you may need to add Java in environment variable)
    *7-Zip (For in zip operations[pull out classes.dex])
    *classes.dex file(on which you will operate)
    *Android Phone to be connected to PC with USB Debugging on to use features other than decompiling and recompiling

Guide:-

Main Options

1. Download my Tool.
    2. Extract it in any folder.
    3. Place classes.dex in the input folder. DO NOT RENAME IT.
    4. Run script.bat. Choose Option 1, Decompile classes.dex . In a few seconds, there will be a prompt that it is "Done. Press anykey to continue" (Note:- If you have UAC [User Account Control] on, you may run it as administrator or it might not be able to create folder if you have extracted it in System Drive)
    5. Go to decompiled folder. There will BE classout folder. Make any changes in smali in classout folder(ALWAYS USE NOTEPAD++). DO NOT RENAME CLASSOUT FOLDER.
    6. Again open script.bat if you had closed it or if not, then return to the window.
    7. Choose 2 option "Compile classes.dex" . A new classes.dex will be formed in output folder.
    8. Enjoy

Note:- Once you change things in classout folder, and you decompile another classes.dex, previous version in decompiled folder will be deleted. So if you want backup of it, move it somewhere else
    Same thing will happen to classes.dex on output folder when you compile another one.

Other options

1. Connect you phone to PC with USB Debugging on and not on USB Tethering. Make sure you aren't using adb before using the tool. If so, Go to Alt+Ctrl+Del and to Task Manager and close adb.exe process

2. Choose the option what you want.

a) Logcat, either view or save it

If you view it, a window will appear with logcat in it. If you are done, just close that window

If you save it, it will be saved in the same folder where Script.bat is present. To stop saving it, Press Ctrl+C and type Y and press Enter

b) Reboot, may take some time in rebboting and rebooting in recovery.

c) Fix permissions and Reset password

3. Try to find Easter Egg

Download:-
    ROMToolsPCv3.zip

Down below is attached v1
    Updated to version 3

Added many new options

Screenshot:

46402790.png

24439260.png

Changelog :

Code:
    Version 3

8 May 2013

-Added many new features

-Option to reboot
    -Option to recovery
    -Option to Hot Reboot

-Option to view and save logcat with nice integration of verbose and long command

Version 2

18 April 2013

- Made eye candy
    - Made it noob proof

Version 1

- Just one smali.bat file and one baksmali.bat file with one one line each of commands to Baksmaling and Smaling (duh!)
    Updated to version 3
    Changelog :
    Version 3
    -Added many new features
    -Option to reboot
    -Option to recovery
    -Option to Hot Reboot
    Version 2

18 April 2013
    - Made eye candy
    - Made it noob proof

version 1
    - Just one smali.bat file and one baksmali.bat file with one one line each of commands to Baksmaling and Smaling (duh!) [/CODE]

good work areeb....
    you are a star

You arae a Star! thanks alot,

will i was struggling for about 50 hours untill i learned decompiling htc one camera apk, but your software helps alot what i am going to do is i extract apk then with your tools i extract classes.dex i make changes then without recompiling it i will replace com file with com file in decompiled folder, so i can edit xml file at once.

i have noticed com file in decompiled folder is 12.7mb and size on disk 15.8
    while with your tool i get 12.8mb but size on disk is 15.8 so it is nearly the same but
    i got little minor error while decompiling my apk but was working when i recompiling it, so i believe this methods will recompile with 0 error.

thanks again.

i do not know if you have knowledges of changing camera apk setting, i want to try break the limites size recording because i am restricted to 3.79GB then record stops and says maximum record size is reached, i am still searching and try to get solution.

another question is while the camera apk was stock camera apk i just modified few icons color, remember this is not extracted, so i have access to all xml file also but just quick test changed icon color when i replaced on system app it started but when i reboot phone it does go back to original stock camera and if i switch off and on then the camera will not start at all.

so if you have any idea please let me know.

it does not matter if you do not know by this software you served me alot thank you.

i may try to learn coding in java its good for everything :)