[GUIDE]How-to enable 3 dot menu button in S5 ported apps without xposed modules

Search This thread

Ronussks

Aug 4, 2015
I'd like to ask if this guide is working to TW5.1.1? Thank you.

I open my Framework_res.apk but there's no VALUES/... thank you

I had the same problem.. Then I realized that i was doing it in a wrong way..

You need APK tool to decompile Framework, then only values?/.... will appear..

Even after decompiling and recompiling Framework as per steps mentioned, I got error messages and then gave up..

If you want to go through with it, search Tickle my android in this forum.. Good luck mate :good:

bobfrantic

Anyone know how to bring back the overflow 3 dot menu button for legacy apps? (see screenshot) not sure of the actual name of this button...

Screenshot_2016-06-10-11-14-24.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, this is a very easy guide on how to enable the 3 dot menu button in S5 ported apps and on stock touchwiz apps without xposed modules. I tested it on I9505 but should work also on I9500...

Pre-requested :
    1.Java
    2.Rooted phone
    3.Framework-res.apk
    4.Any root file explorer

How-to:

1 - Take framework-res.apk located in \system\framework\ and decompile it using apktool or apk manager

2 - Go into \res\values\bools.xml

3 - Search for:

Code:
    [COLOR="Blue"]<bool name="[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]config_DisableHWKeyOptionMenu[/COLOR]"[COLOR="blue"]>false</bool>[/COLOR]

and change it to

Code:
    [COLOR="Blue"]<bool name="[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]config_DisableHWKeyOptionMenu[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]">true</bool>[/COLOR]

4 - Save file and recompile framework-res.apk

5 - Push the recompiled framework-res.apk to the device and reboot, now you should have 3 dot menu button in all s5 ported apps/stock touchwiz apps.
    Now long pressing on home button won't bring up the recent apps, it will bring up google now. So now we need to remap the menu key to bring up the recent apps.

1 - Open /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl with root explorer and change

Code:
    [COLOR="blue"]key  139[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Red"]MENU[/COLOR]

to

Code:
    [COLOR="Blue"]key  139[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Red"]APP_SWITCH[/COLOR]

2 - Save file and reboot. Now menu key will bring up recent apps, just like S5.:D
    @op knows how to do it and he said he will release the tutorial later :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bro have you manage to fix the devider line between ok and cancel?.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

for the divider line you have to decompile framework. Then go into FRAMEWORK-RES.APK/VALUES/STYLES.XML and insert this lines instead originals

sorry tapatalk doesn't recognize code...see the image
    ybazeryp.jpg

rurudapa.jpg
    Could not found sources using androidmultitool.. I cant compile the apk. Pls. Help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Here's an easy one Decompile Framework-res.apk then Go to res/Values/ Styles.xml and open the file using notepad++ , Look for the line # 3306 or <item name="divider">@color/transparent</item>and change it to
    Code:
    [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]<item name="divider">@drawable/tw_divider_popup_vertical_holo_dark[/COLOR]</item>[/B]

Next look for the line # 3313 or <item name="divider">@color/transparent</item>and change it to
    Code:
    [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]<item name="divider">@drawable/tw_divider_popup_vertical_holo_light</item>[/COLOR][/B]
    . Save ! Compile /Sign ! Done ,

Credits to @dangua
    Great job

Great and very simple tutorial. Great job