HD2 Loses web connection?

Search This thread

qweac

Jul 13, 2008
Hi!

My HD2 loses connection to the web randomly. When this happens I still got H or 3g, but Opera, Twitter, Facebook++ can't be used. I have to restart my device to get the web connection back. This happens randomly, but probably around 1-2 times a day.

Starting to get very frustrating. Help?

Running my default 1.48 rom.

ftr2k8

Nov 9, 2008
Port Erin
I had this on my diamond - I thought it was Sure's data service being rubbish. I get it sometimes on my HD2 between 12 and 60-odd hours use. I can't tell if it's a phone or network thing though.

However, there's an easier way to get connection back. Just turn the data connection off and on again - takes a few seconds, much faster than resetting.

qweac

Jul 13, 2008
Turning the data connection off and on again worked. Thanks! :D

Anyone with a more permanent solution?

nilsje

Jan 1, 2010
I've got the same issue here. Switching on and off the data connection indeed helps, but a permanent solution would be great!

Regards

Comsat

Oct 26, 2007
Leidschendam
+1, have the same issue. Thought it because I use two APN's (one general and one for work to reach exchance server). But seems to be more general issue.

10dulkar

Dec 15, 2008
Hi...

There are many of us struggling with the same issue. Hardly an outside chance that all of us have the same provider, which only leaves one possibility... must be something related to the phone. Options I can think of are listed below.

1. Hardware issue - would help if HTC were to release a statement either way.
2. Software issue - wonder if the problem can be traced back to the browsers?

Suggestion: lets all place a feedback on the thread regarding when the problems occur. Until now I have seen the issue haunting me in 2 browsers; Opera 9.7 and latest downloadable skyfire version. Only once or twice in IE. I'm inclined to think it is a software issue

qweac

Jul 13, 2008
Not only a browser issue for me. When this happens I can't update the weather, facebook, twitter or mail...

When I went to bed yesterday everything was working fine. When I woke up today the web was gone...

Last edited:

umiss

Nov 15, 2009
What happenes if you guys try Skyfire as web-browser?
I have similar problem with my WiFi, but it dies within 1 min after restart.
Only skype and skyfire work, youtube and opera stop working.

leobox1

Nov 27, 2008
i think.... this may be because of the network switching between H and 3G versions.. when it happens, a temp stop in all network activity will occur

chmun77

Jan 8, 2010
same here... having the intermittent network problem. My HTC Hero was much stable then. This phone is indeed having lots of issues. Disappointing....

:cool:

Starfury

Feb 10, 2007
I had it on 1.43 regaularly, since shoehorning 1.48 into my Vodafone UK HD2 it hasn't been so regular, I think only once.
When I had it on 1.43 it was like the data connection was active but there were no available resources remaining to use it. Not sure exactly but I noticed the more programs I had running and connected to the internet in the background the more frequently it would cut out.

matt07930

Aug 7, 2008
London
I have this too, it's easily the biggest problem with the HD2.

This problem didn't start with me until I switched from the stock UK T-Mobile rom, to the 1.48 WWE and later the 1.61 which makes me think its a software problem. Prior to switching ROM's the data connection was brilliant, way better than my Diamond.

qweac

Jul 13, 2008
My connection has been stable and running for 71 hours since I removed Dutty's taskmanager. Could be a coincidence, but maybe worth a try?

kuzibri

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2008
I have this problem also but only since a shortwhile. Might it have something to do with the SIM contacts hotfix? After that my problem with the data connection begun. Going to deinstall this hotfix and see what happens.

P.S.1: My TP2 does not suffer from this problem
P.S.2: Does anyone know how to deinstall this SIM contacts fix, cause it's not listed in the installed programs list. Or does anyone has the radio version belonging to the original 1.48 Dutch ROM??

Last edited:

arienvijn

Jun 27, 2008
Did a hardreset
Installed only Resco Explorer

En the problem is stil here!!!
Rom 1.44.172.7 Vodafone Netherlands
Radio 2.04.50.22-2

arienvijn

Jun 27, 2008
I removed my email accounts, en now the problem is gone.
i have a dataconnecion that is 22 hours stabil
:):)