[ROM] Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.1: Eugene's Alpha 6 [Data Fixed] [11/22/2011]

Search This thread

CTown

Aug 19, 2009
It seems that people are really confused over this ROM. It's just a MTD ROM, just like CM7 or MIUI. It comes with ClockWorkMod 5, it works with Odin or Heimdall. (If your on a MTD ROM you can nandroid back to another MTD ROM.) The problem is the colors are mixed up, it is a bit laggy, and WiFi does not work.

edit: Forgot to mention, you do not need to be on a MTD ROM to flash this. So, like CM7, one can flash this from a Touchwiz-based ROM. But remember, you have to Odin back to stock to get rid of it!

Last edited:

Wayne561

Nov 10, 2010
Nah, not really.. but, I'm busy with school at the moment.
Source dropped, I know.. but I wouldn't consider myself a dev. :p
I'll see what's up.

Their making progress in the i9000 section. Maybe you port over ROM and kernel so we can atleast give it a try.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
U could just flash the ROM with the i9000 kernel im running it on my vibrant right now its looking really good

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

treyvaporizer

Dec 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
So can I flash this atop the CM7 nightly? Or do I have to flash the i9000 kernel and then flash it? Also can I revert back with a nandroid?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

jpeckover

Dec 19, 2010
Vancouver
yes it will work but buttons may need to be remapped and you may lose the home button as well.

Also seems to be an issue with the audio.. how about your internal speaker for phone calls?

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
Internal audio is not working neither is home but I think its the same on the other builds

jpeckover

Dec 19, 2010
Vancouver
internal audio will work if you plug in a pair of headphones and I am working on a fix for the home button. I think some settings just need to be tweaked a little.

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
I just flashed eugenes kernel its a no go wont boot it just bootloops

tbrar

Sep 22, 2010
I flashed i9000 ICS. Apart from the issues mentioned in OP I faced the following issues:

Incoming calls didn't work for me. Whenever I called my phone I didn't get any notification. The caller can hear the ring and eventually it goes to voicemail but no notification on my end.

Also I was unable to disconnect outgoing calls. Whenever I disconnected I would see a notification hanging up but the call wouldn't hang up. Only when the other party disconnected the call ended.

Also when I connect my phone to my computer I don't see any notification either on phone or on computer that a device has been connnected. The phone starts charging but nothing else happens. There is no notification about USB debugging(which I enabled) or mounting the storage. Also the computer didn't even detect it or notified me of new device. This could be due to missing drivers but I highly doubt it.

Did anybody else face the same problem. If yes how did you resolve it.

Reactions: jpeckover

jpeckover

Dec 19, 2010
Vancouver
Facing the exact same problems, understandably you think with the source it would be better off however right now it seems like the functionality for me might be in the kernel. I think we need to compile a kernel for the vibrant to get these working properly..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ice-cream-sandwich.jpg

Please note:
    This ROM is far from being functional, it's still in development, I'll update this thread with news as soon as I see it. For now, it's a good ROM to mess around with and see what you can expect in further builds.

Screenshots: (jpeckover)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19581231&postcount=294

Video: (toryheal) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcgZZijPG2Q

Download (Eugene's Alpha 6 11/22/2011): http://www.droid-tech.net/t89/#post168

~ Key Mapping Fixed
    ~ DRM issue fixed ( Market would hang trying to Download an App )
    ~ Data Working with Network Changes, No need to run other Fixes
    ~ APN fixed
    ~ Galaxy Nexus Boot animation
    ~ init.d supported
    ~ My Version of Deep Idle built into the kernel

Please consider donating to Eugene for his work or any other i9000 dev that's worked on this.

Optional Modems: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1110500

Note: You can only mount in recovery for now.

What works:
    - Hardware Acceleration
    - Audio
    - Calls, SMS, 3G (With a ugly patch but it works, read below.)
    - Touch
    - Wifi (Might be broken on this.)
    - SDCards (internal and external)
    - Market
    - Contacts sync
    - Calendar sync

What does not work:
    - Bluetooth
    - GPS
    - Camera
    - Video Recorder
    - More stuff?

How to install:
    1. Make sure you're on CM7 or MIUI.
    2. Make a Nandroid backup.
    3. Format data/factory reset.
    4. Wipe Cache.
    5. Flash the ROM.
    6. It'll reboot you into recovery again and continue flashing your ROM. (It's replacing your CWM with a MTD one.)
    7. Once it's done, you'll most likely get stuck and it won't boot. Pull the battery, boot into recovery and flash it again.
    8. This time, reboot your phone when it's done and it should boot up.
    9. Enjoy.

So we start off, ofcourse we need some files & requirements:
    - The voicesearch fix (http://xdaforums.com/atta...0&d=1321887896 )
    - Calendar fix (http://xdaforums.com/atta...2&d=1321829419 )

Credits:
    - Galnet
    - Lttldvl
    - onecosmic
    - jpeckover
    - Eugene373
    - Many more people that have contributed to this.
    Eugene, just wondering what you are building kernels for exactly, are you using Fugu, aries common, or teamhacksung, as a base for building the kernel?

I was using FuguMOD as a base, but have since patched the Streamline kernel source for ICS..

However, konthewicked has solved my Vibrant issues, so I should be able to get the kernel working correctly soon..

~Eugene
    GPS fires up & register now on the vibrant, still untested but did see the agpsd settings :)

Still working on thing, home button vibrator is fixed & working as well.

This is from my Device tree / Source, so the Next build will not be from the i9000 port.
    ~Eugene
    Compiling the last build for the night & posting at some point, currently everything is working 100% that I can find & no lag, so I should have something posted by tonight or in the morning...

until then,
    ~Eugene
    Here it is Guys...

Sorry about the wait & falling asleep on you!

Link: http://www.droid-tech.net/t89/#post168

Please Don't link the Multiupload in the first OP! There's a Reason why I posted it on Droid-Tech.net

READ THE HOW-TO!!!