[UNLOCK] AT&T Bootloader Unlock Through HTC-Dev

Search This thread

NinjaAngel777

Sep 25, 2013
I did the entire tutorial, but my CID stayed the same. I am trying to get S-Off so I can use the MaximusHD ROM.

A post I made a few days ago:
"I am trying to SuperCID my HTC One S so I can get MaximusHD because this PAC-man ROM is not working well for me as well as I want working Android 4.2.2 on my phone. The problem is that in order to get MaximusHD, I need to have my phone be S-Off, but I can't get there because it won't change the CID. I followed this tutorial to the letter (minus some changes due to a different CID), but no matter what my CID will not change from T-MOB010 to 11111111. I have also tried to do "fastboot oem writecid" while in fastboot, but it just freezes after 1.26 seconds every time. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this? I am still relatively new to rooting and things like this, but I am willing to take the risk of bricking my phone in order to learn. Any and all help is greatly appreciated."

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
That one is also the exact same

I dunno what to tell you, how recent is your hboot? It's possible that there is write protection enabled, therefore not allowing you to push the edited file back.

PS. Saying that a ROM is garbage really isn't allowed on XDA, you need to remove that. Gotta remember these devs build these ROMs for us completely free of charge and in their spare time. Saying something like that is flat out disrespectful.

Sent from my Evita

NinjaAngel777

Sep 25, 2013
I have hboot 2.15

And sorry. I didn't realize. I will remove that immediately. I am sincerely sorry to the developers.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have hboot 2.15

And sorry. I didn't realize. I will remove that immediately. I am sincerely sorry to the developers.

Ok, if your device is anything like the One XL (which it is in many ways), hboot 2.15 has write protection enabled so the adb push command you give after editing the file isn't working. At the moment there's no way around this but it's being worked on.

Sent from my Evita

texnwar

Sep 25, 2013
Work for Telus?

Will this method work for me? I have a Telus as a provider, not AT&T. I have rooted my device already... thanks.

texnwar

Sep 25, 2013
You already have an unlocked bootloader? What are you trying to do, get SuperCID? I'll need your bootloader details, the first five lines.

Sent from my Evita

YES I need SuperCID and S-OFF. Thanks for replying back....

First 5 lines:
  1. *** TAMPERED ***
  2. *** UNLOCKED ***
  3. VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
  4. HBOOT-2.15.0000
  5. RADIO-1.13.50.05.31

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
YES I need SuperCID and S-OFF. Thanks for replying back....

First 5 lines:
  1. *** TAMPERED ***
  2. *** UNLOCKED ***
  3. VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
  4. HBOOT-2.15.0000
  5. RADIO-1.13.50.05.31

I don't think this is going to work for you. The 2.15 hboot enables write protection to /system. You can pull the file ok but trying to push the edited file back will fail every time. I'm not familiar with what exploits you currently have for your device, but if there's one that disables the write protection you'll need to take care of that first.

Sent from my Evita

texnwar

Sep 25, 2013
I don't think this is going to work for you. The 2.15 hboot enables write protection to /system. You can pull the file ok but trying to push the edited file back will fail every time. I'm not familiar with what exploits you currently have for your device, but if there's one that disables the write protection you'll need to take care of that first.

Sent from my Evita

Can't I just change the /system permissions via the terminal to read/write and go from there?

texnwar

Sep 25, 2013
The write protection is enabled at a level that a user cannot access, it won't let you change the permissions.

Sent from my Evita

I see... hmm. Well thanks for your help. Guess I'll have to leave it as is since this is becoming beyond what I know.

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

I see... hmm. Well thanks for your help. Guess I'll have to leave it as is since this is becoming beyond what I know.

Oh and btw, I am using CWM v6.0.3.1 recovery and flashed CM 10.1.3-ville ROM just in case that helps any.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You do this at your own risk!!! This could turn your new phone into a very expensive paperweight!!! If you don't know how to do it or are uncomfortable DON'T DO IT!!!

You need ADB and an understanding of how to use it and have a rooted device (although I didn't test this). You will also need a hex editor like HxD.

BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE DOING THIS!!!! WHEN HTCDEV UNLOCKS YOUR DEVICE YOU MUST START FROM SCRATCH!!!

1. Fire up your command prompt and go to the directory that you have ADB installed to. Type "adb shell" and hit enter.

2. Type "su" and hit enter. You now have root privileges.

3. Next type "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. This will dump the partition to your sdcard.

4. Next type "exit", hit enter, type "exit", and hit enter again. This should take you back to a command prompt for your computer.

5. type "adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. NOTE THE SIZE OF THE FILE BEFORE THE NEXT STEP!

6. Open the file (mmcblk0p4) with your hex editor.

7. Look for offset 00000210 (if your on RUU version 1.82 the offset may be 00000214) and you should see CWS__001 with your IMEI number attached to it.

8. Change CWS__001 to 11111111 and save the file as mmcblk0p4MOD. This will give you SuperCID as well. :D MAKE SURE AT THIS POINT THAT THE FILE IS THE EXACT SIZE IT WAS BEFORE YOU HEX EDITED IT!

9. Now go back to your command prompt and type "adb push mmcblk0p4MOD /sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD" and hit enter.

10. Type "adb shell" and hit enter then type "su" and hit enter again. This will put you back into the android shell and give you root privileges.

11. Type "dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. To test if it worked restart the phone into fastboot (type "adb reboot bootloader" and hit enter) and once the bootloader screen comes up type "fastboot oem readcid" and hit enter. It should read "11111111".

12. Next type "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" and hit enter. Leave that up on your screen and go to HTCdev.com. Follow the instructions from there. Choose "All other supported models" from the dropdown menu.

For those having trouble with the hex editor portion of this I have posted a picture from Squeak22 showing exactly what it should look like. Thanks Squeak22!

Enjoy all!

Guy
    Worked for me with CID 11111111.

Thanks, my friend, now I can stop that f'ing thread...

IMG_0502.jpg
    Ya, a complete write up with step-by-step pictures would be nice... since this is sort of dangerous with a potential to get a brick.

probably need to make a script that can do all dd and hexing, that would make it much safer.
    All those involved in the argument should stop now. I'll be visiting this page in the next few hours. If I see another response, infractions will be handed out.

Follow the steps carefully, use caution, don't blame others, and don't ***** each other out. If you have a problem, private message me.

you-were-saying_o_187166.gif
    Now all we need is SK to finish CWM Recovery! :)

Thanks, Will try when I get home

Now I can actually test the f-ing thing, should be a gimme...I am so relieved this is done. Now its working recovery and s-off time...;). Again, thanks grankin...