FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

*DISCONTINUED* [ROM][CM10][4.1.1]AOKP JB Preview build JUL23 /\ new AUG03 test build.

4,186 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,231

By JamieD81, Senior Member on 24th July 2012, 12:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th August 2012, 02:44 PM |#481  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Yup, phone calls are fine for me too. If your an AT&T person make sure to go into the APN settings and choose ATT LTE instead of the default Cingular.

You Tube and Netflix won't play. I'll assume this is a hardware acceleration issue. I don't use those all that much anyways.
Apex launcher has a slight transition hiccup from screen to screen, not a big deal, also probably hardware acceleration related..
This is pretty smooth and fast otherwise, I can only imaging how its gong to be with hardware acceleration enabled!
Wifi does work (With the hotwire-internal kernel as called for in the instructions) But performance seems to go up and down..
BLN seems to work good.

I haven't had any random hot reboots yet, I had a bunch in the Aug 01 build.

So far so good!

8th August 2012, 02:38 PM |#482  

More
Has anyone toyed around with the idea of continuing this rom on their own? I have no idea what would be involved really, but I assume I could start with this rom and just keep merging JB AOKP changes into it and recompiling it? I know i'm probably over simplifying it. But it would be something I would like to try.

I have had the best luck with this JB rom, Jamies other JB PA rom always gives me random soft reboots, but this one is rock solid for me.
8th August 2012, 06:05 PM |#483  
Flag Ventura Co., CA
Thanks Meter: 914

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphil

Has anyone toyed around with the idea of continuing this rom on their own? I have no idea what would be involved really, but I assume I could start with this rom and just keep merging JB AOKP changes into it and recompiling it? I know i'm probably over simplifying it. But it would be something I would like to try.

I have had the best luck with this JB rom, Jamies other JB PA rom always gives me random soft reboots, but this one is rock solid for me.

How are you getting random reboots? What are you doing when it happens?

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! JB even!!
8th August 2012, 07:01 PM |#484  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden

How are you getting random reboots? What are you doing when it happens?

This rom has given me no reboots, the PA one does.
I can be doing anything. Once I was looking through the setting menu, once I was inside of an app changing some settings. Most of the time I was just flipping through settings in the standard android settings menu. I think it may have to do with me setting the PA settings back to the Stock selection.
8th August 2012, 08:36 PM |#485  
Flag Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphil

You would have to get permission from Jamie since you'd require his sources and build scripts unless you're prepared to work out how to replicate Jamie's efforts independently.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using xda premium
8th August 2012, 11:11 PM |#486  
Flag Ventura Co., CA
Thanks Meter: 914

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelley

You would have to get permission from Jamie since you'd require his sources and build scripts unless you're prepared to work out how to replicate Jamie's efforts independently.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using xda premium

I believe you would have to get his And someone else's as I believe all the JB stuff right now is ported

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)