* or only compile aroma zip installer in two pass:
1- mmm bootable/recovery/aromafm
2- mmm bootable/recovery/aromafm/tools
* output: [target_out]/aromafm_out/aromafm_[DeviceID].zip
- detect aroma compatibility with non NEON devices during compiling
- use less conflicting flags: TARGET_NAME --> TARGET_COMMON_NAME

5.08.0 (07.07.2013)
- improve nandroid progress bar update
- fix recovery was not prompting when backup estimated size is larger than free space
- add ors backup support for twrp format requested by BillGoss
- ors backup: when no backup name is given, generate it using same way as nandroid operations (time stamp + rom name tag)
- support separated compiling for Loki patched devices (S4 AT&T and Verizon)
- i9505: revert some changes to fix time bug for some users
- Galaxy S4 US variants: repack around Audism stock JB 4.3 kernel v3 + Samsung exfat modules + revert use of mkefs for partition corruption issue
- fix missing break in set backup compression value menu (misc_nandroid_menu())
- misc clean up code
- sync latest sources

5.07.6 (05.07.2013)
- update version 6.0.3.3
- add exfat-fuse 1.0.1.362 / 2.9.2 optional support by enabling USE_EXFAT_FUSE_BIN CFLAG in BoardConfig (exfat support on cyanogenmod repacks)
- i9505: use Audism kernel v3 (Stock Samsung sources) to fix partition corruption without additional code and for better exfat support

Please Note: Device specific threads will no longer be updated. I monitor them for support and feedback though
To check if you have a new version, subscribe to main thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

Thank you for your understanding

Nitefire77

Feb 11, 2012
Seabeck, Wa
When I use fix permissions, it renders my rom unusable. Its happened twice. The 1st time I thought I did something wrong the 2nd time confirmed it was fixing permissions. After fixing them and rebooting the phone system ui goes into an endless crash loop forcing me to reinstall my backup to fix the phone.

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
When I use fix permissions, it renders my rom unusable. Its happened twice. The 1st time I thought I did something wrong the 2nd time confirmed it was fixing permissions. After fixing them and rebooting the phone system ui goes into an endless crash loop forcing me to reinstall my backup to fix the phone.

Weird that doesn't happen for me running liquid dkp

infected sgh-t999

Nitefire77

Feb 11, 2012
Seabeck, Wa
I run rootbox on my phone. I was installing leankernel and that's when the permissions were fixed it killed it. However I can install leankernel and it works fine without fixing permissions

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
if I flash this in stock recovery will it root my device.(t999)

Recovery doesn't root your phone. Use the Odin program. Check the sticky threads in Android Development forum for your device and find the guide that tells you how to root. There are detailed instructions.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Recovery doesn't root your phone. Use the Odin program. Check the sticky threads in Android Development forum for your device and find the guide that tells you how to root. There are detailed instructions.

Recovery can root phone, at least cwm
When you flash CWM on a stock non rooted ROM, reboot o main system. It will prompt you to root phone
After that, just go to market and install superuser app from Koush, open it and it will complete the root process

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
When you flash CWM on a stock non rooted ROM, reboot o main system. It will prompt you to root phone
After that, just go to market and install superuser app from Koush, open it and it will complete the root process

Thanks, I wasn't aware. My apologies!

darkynk

Jan 11, 2013
Would this be fine on the t999L?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

darkynk

Jan 11, 2013
My guess, no. I've seen some one try to ODIN flash a t999 recovery on a T999L. It didn't break anything, but it always failed to flash. Everytime they booted to recovery, nothing changed, stayed stock recovery.

Which recovery would work for the t999L?

darkynk

Jan 11, 2013
Deleted wrong thread

Last edited:

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
Hello Phil, I like your recovery a lot. I'm curious though, if we choose, how do we uninstall? I usually push the .img file from ClockworkMod site by using the dd if= command. Is that sufficient to overwrite or do I need to do it by flashable zip from CWM?

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Hello Phil, I like your recovery a lot. I'm curious though, if we choose, how do we uninstall? I usually push the .img file from ClockworkMod site by using the dd if= command. Is that sufficient to overwrite or do I need to do it by flashable zip from CWM?

I went ahead and did it, was feeling adventurous.

open Terminal and su (enter).

dd if=/sdcard/cwmtr.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

(download the recovery .img for CWM and place it in the root of the sdcard. name it cwmtr or modify the command to reflect the name of the file).

Last edited:

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

I went ahead and did it, was feeling adventurous.

open Terminal and su (enter).

dd if=/sdcard/cwmtr.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

(download the recovery .img for CWM and place it in the root of the sdcard. name it cwmtr or modify the command to reflect the name of the file).
I was thinking of switching to this from TWRP. What reasons do you have for wanting to uninstall this?

Reactions: TomTcom

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
I was thinking of switching to this from TWRP. What reasons do you have for wanting to uninstall this?

It's a good recovery don't get me wrong and it's based on CWM which I prefer over TWRP. I just didn't need many of the options like I thought I would. So I just felt like switching back, that's all.

Reactions: SiNJiN76

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
Will this work with illusion 4.3?

Yup just fine. Will work on any ROM including 4.3 just fine. That's what I'm running and its good. I flash ROMs daily sometime 3-5 times a day and zero issues man.

infected sgh-t999

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Will this work with illusion 4.3?

I just flash in recovery as normal zip easy as pie

infected sgh-t999

Reactions: libertykj2002

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Last version can be found here:

Now: one common recovery for all: d2lte
    The below specific variants are no more updated, use d2lte common variant

SGH-T999 (d2tmo)
    http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition
    Update 6.15.7
    - Galaxy S3 Unified d2 variants (d2lte): d2att d2cri d2mtr d2spr d2tmo d2usc d2vzw

One recovery image for all devices

credits to CM team for their huge work on this resources sparing

Reporting issues:
    1- Keep in mind I do not own the device: be precise in your description providing step by step details and screen log output
    2- Provide a log: Advanced / Report Error, then attach the philz_recovery.log here

exfat is enabled: report if working or not
    Let me know about any issue so that we can debug it + LOGS
    Released v5.08.5

Change list 5.07.1 ---> 5.08.5
    5.08.5 (11.07.2013)
    - Compile Aroma File Manager (by amarullz) zip installer under recovery:
    * either compile whole recovery, zip will be created at first pass
    * or only compile aroma zip installer in two pass:
    1- mmm bootable/recovery/aromafm
    2- mmm bootable/recovery/aromafm/tools
    * output: [target_out]/aromafm_out/aromafm_[DeviceID].zip
    - detect aroma compatibility with non NEON devices during compiling
    - use less conflicting flags: TARGET_NAME --> TARGET_COMMON_NAME

5.08.0 (07.07.2013)
    - improve nandroid progress bar update
    - fix recovery was not prompting when backup estimated size is larger than free space
    - add ors backup support for twrp format requested by BillGoss
    - ors backup: when no backup name is given, generate it using same way as nandroid operations (time stamp + rom name tag)
    - support separated compiling for Loki patched devices (S4 AT&T and Verizon)
    - i9505: revert some changes to fix time bug for some users
    - Galaxy S4 US variants: repack around Audism stock JB 4.3 kernel v3 + Samsung exfat modules + revert use of mkefs for partition corruption issue
    - fix missing break in set backup compression value menu (misc_nandroid_menu())
    - misc clean up code
    - sync latest sources

5.07.6 (05.07.2013)
    - update version 6.0.3.3
    - add exfat-fuse 1.0.1.362 / 2.9.2 optional support by enabling USE_EXFAT_FUSE_BIN CFLAG in BoardConfig (exfat support on cyanogenmod repacks)
    - i9505: use Audism kernel v3 (Stock Samsung sources) to fix partition corruption without additional code and for better exfat support

Please Note: Device specific threads will no longer be updated. I monitor them for support and feedback though
    To check if you have a new version, subscribe to main thread:

Thank you for your understanding