[Script][A2SD] Darktremor 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 [N1] (01/29/2011)

Search This thread

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
Introducing...
Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 04
Date of Release: January 29, 2011

Download Current Version

Instructions - Change Log - Commands - ROM List - Developer's Guide
Darktremor Apps2SD Fan Page ---- Darktremor Apps2SD Development Group

Are you installing Darktremor Apps2SD on your phone? Here are the instructions to help you: Facebook
Are you a developer wanting to include Darktremor Apps2SD in your latest ROM? Here is the Developer Guide: Facebook
Update on Beta 4
It seems I'm getting mixed results with these betas. I'm not sure why this is occurring, some people have been able to get this working right while others have had a hard time with it.

Currently, I'm rebuilding the entire program. This takes a while because I have to figure out how to pack all these options into the program but make it small enough to where it will run correctly.

I will say that some of the beta features are coming back out...one of them is the search for a partition code. I suspect that code may be leading me into issues with certain platforms, so I'm going back to the 2.7.5.2 method of mounting (mmcblk0p2 or mmcblk1p2).

Also, parts of the code will use Busybox Ash (the only code that won't will be starta2sd, which will still use Bash for the time being). The startup code will definitely use Busybox Ash.

Until then, here are the links to the the last two betas and the last official release:

Version 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 - http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed.zip
Version 2.7.5.3 Beta 03 - http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta03-signed.zip
Version 2.7.5.2-1 - http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-1-signed.zip

And, if you want past versions, you can view the repository: ftp://dtuser:Darktremor1@ftp.darktremor.info (ignore the smiley face...that's XDA doing that.)
Beta 04 took longer than I expected to release. I have done major changes to the code:

1. New commands: convert-ext4 - This will convert your EXT3 partition into EXT4. Just a friendly reminder on this command: Not every rom supports EXT4, so it is possible to go into a boot loop if you switch roms. Use with caution.

2. Reworked convert-ext3 (convert-ext4 gets similar code)...now a flag file is set before the reboot (no conversion is done before the reboot). At load time, the conversion is performed. This takes longer in the reboot process and you may think your phone has locked up...wait about five minutes before doing anything with the phone.

3. Repair is rebuilt...now it uses existing commands to repair the setup (reinstall, remove, cachesd, cachepart, nocache, datasd, nodata). Definitely shrinks the code.

4. Added fix_permissions program to the package. This may help with Superuser issues when using the datasd feature. It is used in reinstall, remove, datasd and nodata.

5. a2sd install is back!!! Both a2sd install and a2sd reinstall do the exact same thing.

6. Dalvik heap code has been shrunk and now creates a file called dalvikheap. Actually, the code has been doing this all along (since about 2.7.5.2, I think), but I never put the code in to use the file.

7. Low Memory Killer code has also been shrunk and uses a file caled dtset_lowmem to set the low memory killer parameter.

8. Replaced Busybox PS function with Toolbox PS. The issue with Busybox PS is that it gives a false reading when I look for android.process.acore (which is the main program when the GUI starts up). If that is present, the program thinks you are trying to run Darktremor without any command line parameters. This was because Busybox would report the process was there when, in reality, it wasn't (validated this when my phone was boot looping.) Toolbox's PS reports the correct setting. This should fix the bootlooping issues some people are experiencing.

9. New commands: usedtbusybox and usedefaultbusybox - these commands may help in diagnosing issues that is may be related to the native Busybox on your rom. a2sd usedtbusybox will use the Busybox that is packaged with Darktremor. a2sd usedefaultbusybox will turn back on the scan behavior of the program introduced in Beta 03.

10. Support for Darktremor Apps2SD version 2.7 and earlier has been discontinued. To upgrade correctly from one of those versions, use version 2.7.5.3 Beta 03b or earlier.

11. Finally fixed stalled boot issues (or at least my tests with several roms says so.)

See the change log for additional details.

You will notice that if the program runs repair and finds a problem, it will correct the issue and reboot. You will see a second reboot when the dalvik-cache clears (this is to fix timing issues with CyanogenMod...I can't control that startup as well as I can other roms). This only happens if repair is ran or you flash a new rom (as repair will realign all data). If you are upgrading from a previous version of Darktremor, you should not see the reboots.
This is Darktremor Apps2SD, a multipurpose program that primarily allows a user to execute applications created for the Android OS on their Secure Digital card (with the proper setup...more on that later). But, Darktremor Apps2SD is all about stability. The goal is to be able for all users of the Android OS to be able to take advantage of a method to run their applications from a secure digital card.

But just because the Darktremor Apps2SD is all about stability, doesn't mean it isn't packed with features:

- Move applications (both free and paid) to the Secure Digital card.
- Move Dalvik Cache to run either from your Secure Digital card or from your cache partition and clears the cache on demand.
- Boot Loop Protection: prevents the phone from boot looping in the event the SD card could not be mounted.
- Dalvik JIT for faster performance on Roms which support it.
- User selectable sizes for the Dalvik heap sizes, allowing a user to freely optimize their system.
- Activate a swap partition on your SD card and sets how often the swap partition is utilized.
- Automatically fixes configuration issues.
- Users can check the free space on their SD card and check the installation to make sure all is setup correctly.
- Runs ZipAlign on demand...this makes your programs load faster.
- Built in help system for easy reference of commands.
- All features can also be reversed without repartitioning your Secure Digital card.
- New logging features assists in troubleshooting issues.
- Commands to set the Low Memory Killer feature at boot time. Great for those people who are the "set it and forget it" type.
- And more...

Darktremor Apps2SD is not the same as Froyo Apps2SD. Froyo Apps2SD creates a secure folder on the FAT32 section of your SD card (this is the section that you see when you mount your phone to your computer) and stores the programs there. This is nice as you don't have to do anything special with the phone, but it isn't backwards compatible with older versions of Android (Cupcake, Donut, Eclair) and, because of the way Froyo works, older programs not designed for Froyo will automatically stay on your internal storage (unless you install a program that forces the move to your SD card).

Darktremor Apps2SD takes a different approach. Based on the original CyanogenMod works, Darktremor Apps2SD uses symbolic linking to force Android into moving your applications to the SD card. Because Android will not allow anything to be ran from the FAT32 partition on your SD card (and, in Froyo, it will only allow you to run programs from a special folder), Darktremor utilizes filesystems called EXT2, EXT3 and EXT4. Each one of these filesystems is native to Linux (the operating system running Android), which allows you to run programs from them (same as, say, a computer running Ubuntu). This method is completely compatible with all versions of Android, including Froyo. In fact, you can run both the Darktremor Apps2SD and Froyo Apps2SD at the same time.

Check out the list of Roms that either have Darktremor Apps2SD installed or are compatible with Darktremor Apps2SD. Click on the link labeled ROM List at the top of this message.

Last edited:

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
Last edited:

THATTON

Aug 27, 2007
Bakersfield
Thank you so much!!! Can I flash this with ClockworkMod Recovery? I saw that you recommend Amon's but just thought I would ask before I flash back to Amon's.

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
Since we only have Amon's and Darch's recoveries, those were the only ones I could test with. It's possible you may be able to use ClockworkMod (I didn't ask my testers what recovery they were using).

Do a backup of your phone, then try it. If it works, let me know and I'll update the post.

Thank you so much!!! Can I flash this with ClockworkMod Recovery? I saw that you recommend Amon's but just thought I would ask before I flash back to Amon's.

THATTON

Aug 27, 2007
Bakersfield
Since we only have Amon's and Darch's recoveries, those were the only ones I could test with. It's possible you may be able to use ClockworkMod (I didn't ask my testers what recovery they were using).

Do a backup of your phone, then try it. If it works, let me know and I'll update the post.

Everything went well and I'm up an running. Thanks.
Ps-proud to be a test subject. Lol

Reactions: movfan

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
Bump....New version 2.7.5 Preview Fix 4 is out (and there was a PF3, but it was only released to Desire users to try to work through the NAND protection on their device...their changes are part of PF4).

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
I'll check it out and see what's going on.

EDIT: It's possible that Busybox Run-Parts won't process two files with the same name. Since I can't run it, can you run a logcat so I can see what's going on. Send it to rtkirton@gmail.com and I'll take a look at it.

I flashed the zip in recovery using CM6 and it did not work. The zip flashed without error but my apps did not move to the EXT partition

Last edited:

mlevin

Dec 8, 2008
Fairfax, VA
I'm eager to try this -- but I noticed that in the update.zip, there's a "new" copy of Vending.apk. Why is the Market app being replaced? How does this one differ from the stock FRF91 copy? It makes me a bit nervous to be replacing the app. Previous apps2sd approaches haven't needed to modify this. Can you explain a bit what's going on under the covers?

I would have thought that just an init script, an ext3 partition and a few symlinks would be all that was required...

Thanks

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
Don't worry about it. It only replaces the app when you execute a2sd fixmarket. This was to address an issue with a disappearing market, but since then the problem has been pointed to zipalign (which is why zipalign won't run automatically at boot).

I think PF4a doesn't even have the command anymore, so, unless you manually push it from /data/a2sd, it won't replace anything.

The upcoming RC1 version will have that removed, as it is no longer needed.

Here's how Darktremor Apps2SD works:

1. First thing it does is transfer control to launcha2sd, which is ran by using bash instead of sh (bash seems to be more stable).
2. Once launcha2sd is running, it performs a quick test to see if you are asking for help (a2sd help). If so, it displays the contents of the help file and exits.
3. Next, it checks to see if the following properties are in the init.rc:
- cm.filesystem.ready or dc.filesystem.ready (only one has to be present)
If so, it can run the more advanced boota2sd. If not, it will run a basic version of Apps2SD (FYI, these properties actually are used to stop the init.rc until Apps2SD [and any other script the rom developer deems necessary to run] are complete. This prevents dalvikvm from interferring, preventing a race condition).
4. Next, it runs starta2sd unless you don't have the properties stated before, then it continues by moving the /data/app and /data/app-private to SD card (if needed and after attempting to mount the ext partition). Then it activates swap (if available) then it exits.
5. Under starta2sd, it checks to see if a command was requested (install, remove, cachesd, cachepart, jit, nojit, etc...). If so, it runs the appropriate commands for the command requested.
6. If no command was given, it checks to see if apps2sd is being ran for the first time. If so, it transfers control to boota2sd. If not, it displays a message stating you need to supply a command and promptly exits.
7. In boota2sd, it checks for the old flag files (from version 2.5 - 2.7) and moves them to the /data directory.
8. Next, boota2sd attempts to mount the ext partition. If that fails, it will engage Boot Loop Protection, which puts your /data/app, /data/app-private and /data/dalvik-cache (if it is stored on the SD card) back to internal storage and sets the No Apps2SD flag file. This can be reversed by executing a2sd install once the issue with the ext partition is fixed.
9. Next, it checks for flag files and whether the correct setup exists. If not (say you have the Dalvik to SD cache flag file active but your dalvik-cache is being stored on your internal storage), the program initiates auto-repair.
10. Once that is complete, it checks to see if it needs to move applications to the SD card and moves them, unless the No Apps2SD flag file is present.
11. Next, it looks to see if the user has activated ZipAlign on boot (a2sd zipalign) and, if so, will proceed to zipalign the /data/app and /data/app-private directories.
12. Next, it activates the swap partition, unless the swap partition isn't present or the No Swap flag file is set.
13. The program then ends.

This is the automated boot sequence. You can control the behavior of apps2sd by using commands (a2sd install, a2sd cachepart, a2sd align...)

System files are only modified if there is a need to (i.e. JIT) and only if the user activates the correct command (i.e. a2sd jit, a2sd nojit). In fact, the only time the /system partition is changed to a read-write state is during the JIT installation (and that is changed back to read-only when the setup is complete)...otherwise, the /system partition is read-only through the entire Apps2SD run.

I'm eager to try this -- but I noticed that in the update.zip, there's a "new" copy of Vending.apk. Why is the Market app being replaced? How does this one differ from the stock FRF91 copy? It makes me a bit nervous to be replacing the app. Previous apps2sd approaches haven't needed to modify this. Can you explain a bit what's going on under the covers?

I would have thought that just an init script, an ext3 partition and a few symlinks would be all that was required...

Thanks

mlevin

Dec 8, 2008
Fairfax, VA
Don't worry about it. It only replaces the app when you execute a2sd fixmarket. This was to address an issue with a disappearing market, but since then the problem has been pointed to zipalign (which is why zipalign won't run automatically at boot).

I think PF4a doesn't even have the command anymore, so, unless you manually push it from /data/a2sd, it won't replace anything.

The upcoming RC1 version will have that removed, as it is no longer needed.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the quick and detailed reply!

mlevin

Dec 8, 2008
Fairfax, VA
Just read through the code. Nice work!

I see that one of the options is to put dalvik-cache in /cache. Any reason apps can't be put into this partition as well? On a rooted device, /cache is mostly wasted space. Or does /cache get wiped on reboot like /tmp?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing...
    Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.3 Beta 04
    Date of Release: January 29, 2011

Download Current Version

Instructions - Change Log - Commands - ROM List - Developer's Guide
    Darktremor Apps2SD Fan Page ---- Darktremor Apps2SD Development Group

Are you installing Darktremor Apps2SD on your phone? Here are the instructions to help you: Facebook
    Are you a developer wanting to include Darktremor Apps2SD in your latest ROM? Here is the Developer Guide: Facebook
    Update on Beta 4
    It seems I'm getting mixed results with these betas. I'm not sure why this is occurring, some people have been able to get this working right while others have had a hard time with it.

Currently, I'm rebuilding the entire program. This takes a while because I have to figure out how to pack all these options into the program but make it small enough to where it will run correctly.

I will say that some of the beta features are coming back out...one of them is the search for a partition code. I suspect that code may be leading me into issues with certain platforms, so I'm going back to the 2.7.5.2 method of mounting (mmcblk0p2 or mmcblk1p2).

Also, parts of the code will use Busybox Ash (the only code that won't will be starta2sd, which will still use Bash for the time being). The startup code will definitely use Busybox Ash.

Until then, here are the links to the the last two betas and the last official release:

Version 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 - http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed.zip
    Version 2.7.5.3 Beta 03 - http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta03-signed.zip
    Version 2.7.5.2-1 - http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-1-signed.zip

And, if you want past versions, you can view the repository: ftp://dtuser:Darktremor1@ftp.darktremor.info (ignore the smiley face...that's XDA doing that.)
    Beta 04 took longer than I expected to release. I have done major changes to the code:

1. New commands: convert-ext4 - This will convert your EXT3 partition into EXT4. Just a friendly reminder on this command: Not every rom supports EXT4, so it is possible to go into a boot loop if you switch roms. Use with caution.

2. Reworked convert-ext3 (convert-ext4 gets similar code)...now a flag file is set before the reboot (no conversion is done before the reboot). At load time, the conversion is performed. This takes longer in the reboot process and you may think your phone has locked up...wait about five minutes before doing anything with the phone.

3. Repair is rebuilt...now it uses existing commands to repair the setup (reinstall, remove, cachesd, cachepart, nocache, datasd, nodata). Definitely shrinks the code.

4. Added fix_permissions program to the package. This may help with Superuser issues when using the datasd feature. It is used in reinstall, remove, datasd and nodata.

5. a2sd install is back!!! Both a2sd install and a2sd reinstall do the exact same thing.

6. Dalvik heap code has been shrunk and now creates a file called dalvikheap. Actually, the code has been doing this all along (since about 2.7.5.2, I think), but I never put the code in to use the file.

7. Low Memory Killer code has also been shrunk and uses a file caled dtset_lowmem to set the low memory killer parameter.

8. Replaced Busybox PS function with Toolbox PS. The issue with Busybox PS is that it gives a false reading when I look for android.process.acore (which is the main program when the GUI starts up). If that is present, the program thinks you are trying to run Darktremor without any command line parameters. This was because Busybox would report the process was there when, in reality, it wasn't (validated this when my phone was boot looping.) Toolbox's PS reports the correct setting. This should fix the bootlooping issues some people are experiencing.

9. New commands: usedtbusybox and usedefaultbusybox - these commands may help in diagnosing issues that is may be related to the native Busybox on your rom. a2sd usedtbusybox will use the Busybox that is packaged with Darktremor. a2sd usedefaultbusybox will turn back on the scan behavior of the program introduced in Beta 03.

10. Support for Darktremor Apps2SD version 2.7 and earlier has been discontinued. To upgrade correctly from one of those versions, use version 2.7.5.3 Beta 03b or earlier.

11. Finally fixed stalled boot issues (or at least my tests with several roms says so.)

See the change log for additional details.

You will notice that if the program runs repair and finds a problem, it will correct the issue and reboot. You will see a second reboot when the dalvik-cache clears (this is to fix timing issues with CyanogenMod...I can't control that startup as well as I can other roms). This only happens if repair is ran or you flash a new rom (as repair will realign all data). If you are upgrading from a previous version of Darktremor, you should not see the reboots.
    This is Darktremor Apps2SD, a multipurpose program that primarily allows a user to execute applications created for the Android OS on their Secure Digital card (with the proper setup...more on that later). But, Darktremor Apps2SD is all about stability. The goal is to be able for all users of the Android OS to be able to take advantage of a method to run their applications from a secure digital card.

But just because the Darktremor Apps2SD is all about stability, doesn't mean it isn't packed with features:

- Move applications (both free and paid) to the Secure Digital card.
    - Move Dalvik Cache to run either from your Secure Digital card or from your cache partition and clears the cache on demand.
    - Boot Loop Protection: prevents the phone from boot looping in the event the SD card could not be mounted.
    - Dalvik JIT for faster performance on Roms which support it.
    - User selectable sizes for the Dalvik heap sizes, allowing a user to freely optimize their system.
    - Activate a swap partition on your SD card and sets how often the swap partition is utilized.
    - Automatically fixes configuration issues.
    - Users can check the free space on their SD card and check the installation to make sure all is setup correctly.
    - Runs ZipAlign on demand...this makes your programs load faster.
    - Built in help system for easy reference of commands.
    - All features can also be reversed without repartitioning your Secure Digital card.
    - New logging features assists in troubleshooting issues.
    - Commands to set the Low Memory Killer feature at boot time. Great for those people who are the "set it and forget it" type.
    - And more...

Darktremor Apps2SD is not the same as Froyo Apps2SD. Froyo Apps2SD creates a secure folder on the FAT32 section of your SD card (this is the section that you see when you mount your phone to your computer) and stores the programs there. This is nice as you don't have to do anything special with the phone, but it isn't backwards compatible with older versions of Android (Cupcake, Donut, Eclair) and, because of the way Froyo works, older programs not designed for Froyo will automatically stay on your internal storage (unless you install a program that forces the move to your SD card).

Darktremor Apps2SD takes a different approach. Based on the original CyanogenMod works, Darktremor Apps2SD uses symbolic linking to force Android into moving your applications to the SD card. Because Android will not allow anything to be ran from the FAT32 partition on your SD card (and, in Froyo, it will only allow you to run programs from a special folder), Darktremor utilizes filesystems called EXT2, EXT3 and EXT4. Each one of these filesystems is native to Linux (the operating system running Android), which allows you to run programs from them (same as, say, a computer running Ubuntu). This method is completely compatible with all versions of Android, including Froyo. In fact, you can run both the Darktremor Apps2SD and Froyo Apps2SD at the same time.

Check out the list of Roms that either have Darktremor Apps2SD installed or are compatible with Darktremor Apps2SD. Click on the link labeled ROM List at the top of this message.
    DT 2.7.5.2-EXT4 Only (Modified)
    ==> Mirror

DT 2.7.5.2-1-EXT4 Only (Modified)
    ==> Mirror

DT 2.7.5.3b4-EXT4 Only (Modified)
    ==> Mirror

DT 2.7.5.3b4-EXT4-B0 Only (Modified)
    ==> Mirror

Changes Made to Script
    1. Change auto switch to ext4
    2. Delete 05mountsd from /etc/init.d/
    3. Change barrier=1 to barrier=0 only for DT-CM7-2.7.5.3b4-EXT4-B0-signed.zip <=== I'm using this :D

Known issue in DT 2.7.5.3b4
    - Low volume bug across all medias.
    - Temp but working solution ==> WIPE CACHE after u flash DT before u reboot. Thanks to mtw4991 for the solution!

Please try the above ONLY if u have EXT4 partition.
    If you are using ext2/ext3, you may wanna see my post here. ==> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11950587&postcount=674

To boost ext4 performance, you may wanna enable data writeback (default setting = ordered). I did not put into script as its optional. Note that this is a ONE TIME command input only. Only when you repartition the ext4 then you need to input again. Reboot to see the results.

Instructions for Inputing EXT4 data writeback.
    1. From terminal or adb
    2. Input the command as per the code below.
    3. Reboot device.
    Code:
    su
    tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    Credit ALL to tkirton. I just amend the scripts to suit my needs :)
    If I had figured it out, than why i had asked here.
    I will be thankfull if u can guide me
    thanks in adv.

okay okay, ill provide you with reference because the instructions have been retold for lots of times over the year. (hmm haha ur lucky that lots of archived but very useful links are still saved in my bookmarks)

but first you need to go to the forum of your device to install custom recovery before doing anything.

then, get the image of darktremor a2sd here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1235925

read the two pieces of official instructions here
    https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=158809660835039
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7021325&postcount=2

unofficial instructions here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1235925
    this thread is old and now beyond ext3 you can also use ext4 ;)

what is ext? this one
    http://www.google.com.hk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=sd+card+ext+partitions

after installation you can either install A2SDGUI or simply use terminal emulator or adb shell to execute the following commands
    https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=158826790833326

you may also want to try temasek (a famous developer)'s modified version of darktremor a2sd
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12533976&postcount=1314

what is barrier=0? here
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13015370&postcount=1511

if you really think darktremor is too complicated, try using Simple2Ext if you are using a cyanogenmod ROM.

You can also choose Link2SD if you are not using cm7 (as i can see ur on stock)

darktremor a2sd is not simple, even android isnt. ive used ****loads of time to read and test by myself when i was a noob, too :) good luck mate!
    Hi,

I've 2 questions:

1. I have a HTC Desire GSM that's running CM 7.0.3 and I've run the DT A2SD script to put my apps and dalvik-cache to the EXT partition on the sdcard. I wish to update to CM 7.10, and the instructions seem straightforward enough (nandroid, flash, that's it). I'm wondering if I need to do anything about A2SD for the update?

2. I wish to upgrade to a larger sdcard. How can I migrate from my existing sdcard to a new one?

1)
    nandroid
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik
    flash update
    flash darktremor
    reboot
    done ;)

2)
    boot to recovery mode
    nandroid backup, only choose [android_secure] and [sd-ext]
    turn on usb mass storage
    move everything on sd to computer
    turn off usb mass storage
    turn off phone in recovery
    switch hardware sd card from old to new
    do not power on phone normally
    must directly boot into recovery mode

partition sd card - your desired ext and space etc.
    usb mass storage on
    everything from computer to sd
    usb mass storage off
    nandroid restore (the one only with the two options ticked)
    reboot phone - phew finished!

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
    do i get these problems bcoz im on stock kernel??
    so far no1 wants to help me..

Shiyou, do this, in order, using Temasek's modified DT script at the bottom:

1- move all files from sd card to pc
    2- format and repartition sd card to ext2=1/1.5gb, swap=0, FAT=remainder
    3- convert ext2>ext3
    4- convert ext3>ext4
    5- mount sdcard in recovery and move sd card contents from pc back to sdcard
    6- flash rom/kernel/gapps(optional)/modified DT script
    7- recovery, run fix_uid_mismatches
    8- wipe cache only(fixes low volume bug, dont' wipe dalvik)
    9- reboot (go do something, this will take some time)

10- in terminal run the following:
    11- su (get superuser permission)
    12- a2sd check (make sure a2sd is running)
    13- a2sd zipalign (only need to run this command once)
    14- a2sd reinstall (will reboot) then;
    15- a2sd cachesd (will reboot) then;
    16- fix_permissions
    17- reboot into recovery, wipe cache and reboot

Hope this helps;)