[Q] How to install Android 2.2 on my DELL XCD28 2.1 Eclair?

Search This thread

zopfus

Jan 2, 2011
I have an DELL XCD28 GSM with Android 2.1, i really wanted to know how to Upgrade to Android 2.2.

Dell does not going to release an Upgrade to 2.2 in future.

So what are the ways i can install Android 2.2 on my Device?

Thanks

japandesai

Mar 4, 2011
I have also purchased dell xcd28. As it was the only android phone in my budget. Please let me know how to install froyo or gingerbread on my device. Dell is not providing any official updates for the device.

Please reply to this post as early as possible.

zopfus

Jan 2, 2011
Hello,
I am aware that DELL is not going to provide any upgrade even for XCD35 they are not going to release anything, thats sad :-(

But XCD25 is actually ZTE Racer 2G model with extra facility of 3G added for DELL model. I searched for some ROM upgrade but only one ROM i found that too was for the chinese model of ZTE without EDGE support only 3G was working.

I finally decided instead of looking around and wasting time. i am gonna create my own ROM for my device. I am a developer and i can create my own custom ROM. So i just started the work and hopefully in a few weeks i may finish the ROM.

I will let you know about the ROM soon

Meanwhile get your device rooted and add some cool features to the 2.1 version. You can find many apps and utilities which you can add using rooted phone.

BUT DO THIS ONLY IF YOU ARE TECHNICALLY GOOD AT OWN TROUBLESHOOTING!
ALSO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL ROM(with rooted device) BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY CHANGES!

So good luck!

japandesai

Mar 4, 2011
I would like to know how to root my phone and I am also looking for a free tethering tool through which I can connect to internet on my pc. I am a Windows Client Administrator and just know a bit about android development.

shishirasm

Feb 24, 2011
Hello,
I am aware that DELL is not going to provide any upgrade even for XCD35 they are not going to release anything, thats sad :-(

But XCD25 is actually ZTE Racer 2G model with extra facility of 3G added for DELL model. I searched for some ROM upgrade but only one ROM i found that too was for the chinese model of ZTE without EDGE support only 3G was working.

I finally decided instead of looking around and wasting time. i am gonna create my own ROM for my device. I am a developer and i can create my own custom ROM. So i just started the work and hopefully in a few weeks i may finish the ROM.

Meanwhile get your device rooted and add some cool features to the 2.1 version. You can find many apps and utilities which you can add using rooted phone.

ALSO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL ROM(with rooted device) BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY CHANGES!

So good luck!
Zofus u r d man... keep up d good work... share the created rom for xcd28 with us.... Thanx.... :)

zopfus

Jan 2, 2011
Just Opened my Eye :)

Hello Everyone,

I just saw a video about Android Security from Kasperksy Lab in YouTube

But, After seeing this video about Android Security from Kaspersky Lab I realised how dangerous rooting and loading custom rom maybe, I personally had this question with me as i was developing the ROM as it completely pulls the security out of your device.

Android Malware attacks are in the news now. So its better being safe then sorry

So I have decided not to release the Custom ROM to public and also i am stopping the Development of the ROM.

Also i am not saying that you should not root your device and do other cool stuff with it. Its solely up to you. Finally its your Android Device!

Good Luck!

velmurugan

Jan 18, 2012
i need updated android os for DELL xcd 28

please give me the latest android os and the instruction to how to do.

thanks in advance

With Regards,

Velmurugan.S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

So good luck!
    Rooting for android device is easy but its a bit technical

follow these steps below:-
    1.download z4root from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=833953
    2.After rooting your device DONT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR ROM BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY CHANGES!
    3. For backup using NANDROID!

I have fully tested the above steps and its working 100%

Good Luck!