[ROM][I605]Official Nightlies CM11.0[KTU84P][4.4.4]

Search This thread

fallingup

Mar 21, 2006
New Mexico
Is there a particular reason we still can't use TWRP to flash this? Is it the recovery or is it the ROM? Who needs to update what?

I really would love to test 4.4 out but refuse to use CWM. I've bought the license to the touch version in the past, did't know it was tied to that device. Not supporting that front anymore.

you can flash it without paying for it, as seen elsewhere in this thread.

It is an issue with TWRP, it needs to be updated for 4.4

NeoandGeo

Jan 25, 2011
Using the 11/26 build with plasma kernel really helped my battery life. Sometimes Google Search is reported as keeping the CPU awake the entire time, but battery life doesn't suffer, so whatever. I am having trouble getting the device to rotate even though auto-rotate is enabled. Anyone else have this issue?

pjim

Jul 18, 2009
San Diego
Using the 11/26 build with plasma kernel really helped my battery life. Sometimes Google Search is reported as keeping the CPU awake the entire time, but battery life doesn't suffer, so whatever. I am having trouble getting the device to rotate even though auto-rotate is enabled. Anyone else have this issue?

+1 no rotation

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

coed234

Dec 5, 2011
Waterville
First I just want to say this is a great ROM, love having the latest version. Thanks for all the hard work.

However I seem to have an issue where my phone freezes up when I dock my phone. To fix this I have to pull the battery to reset. Is there any fix for this.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

carhauler1969

Mar 16, 2010
Purmela,Texas
Going on 72 hours since I flashed the 11/26 build, no issues at all other than those stated in the OP. Tried Devil kernel, battery life suffered tremendously compared to CleanROM ACE & Perseus. Switched to Plasma kernel last night and can already see an improvement in battery life & overall performance.

Reactions: k0lega

sonofevil77

Apr 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
First I just want to say this is a great ROM, love having the latest version. Thanks for all the hard work.

However I seem to have an issue where my phone freezes up when I dock my phone. To fix this I have to pull the battery to reset. Is there any fix for this.

Mine does this only on the Samsung media dock with the hdmi plugged in. All my other docks there is no issue.

Sent from my VZW GALAXY note 2

bigmike35

Sep 3, 2010
Houston

+1 no rotation

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have notice that to, I am able to get mine to work by going back to the desktop (home) toggle on/off/on for auto rotate, my home screen will rotate, then I go back into web or whatever and it seems to fix itself after that. Maybe I am just lucky tho

defrostmode

Aug 8, 2008
I love the rom so far and have been lucky to not have a lot of the problems I've read about in this thread. I am pretty sure I've read everything and I'm sure some, if not all, my issues have been addressed. That said I would really appreciate some help.

- ever since the most recent release I cannot send mms. I receive them fine. I tried using the info for mms from the Gosmart website and deleting everything else (how I got mms working in the first release) but now I can't delete the other entries and it doesn't receive the mms any better than the default settings that are already there. No matter how I do it, when I try to send one it just says 'sending' for over an hour then fails. Plus. Now I can't delete the other entries.

- my SD card is found fine and can be used fine, but I can no longer set ringtones that are on the SD card. No matter how I set it (preferred method would be Ringo Pro) it says 'SD card not available' even though it will play the sound and everything. It just won't play as a ringtone.

- the default app setting don't seem to be remembered.

I know I'm forgetting something, but those are the most obvious of the top of my head.

Again. I'll love you all forever if I can get some help with those issues.

tdrussell

Sep 13, 2010
Dallas
Impressed with the stability of an early, unofficial build. It's obviously pretty stripped down compared to CM10.2. It will be interesting to see if the GN2 gets official CM11 support and what functionality we are able to bring back into CM11.

Cyclin

Feb 19, 2013
California
- my SD card is found fine and can be used fine, but I can no longer set ringtones that are on the SD card. No matter how I set it (preferred method would be Ringo Pro) it says 'SD card not available' even though it will play the sound and everything. It just won't play as a ringtone.

- the default app setting don't seem to be remembered.

Ringtone issue should be easy. Find the audio file in Apollo (the stock music player), tap& hold the sound file, then tap "Use As Ringtone"

Default app setting should be working fine if you keep setting them to not ask again once you make your selection. If it truly is not remembering defaults you will need to reflash your ROM

Reactions: gabe565

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
you can flash it without paying for it, as seen elsewhere in this thread.

It is an issue with TWRP, it needs to be updated for 4.4

Yeah this isn't my first rodeo with manually flashing CWM Touch because I bought it for my Droid X 3 years ago, then I picked up a Thunderbolt and that's when I found out it's device specific, the purchase.

I just refuse to use the software at this point to be honest. I hope Team Win can figure out what's going on with the 4.4 files. I have been made a new man ever since I discovered their recovery and can't switch. So no 4.4 for me.

On topic, the bug list in OP only mentions Bluetooth voice search. Does that mean everything else is squashed, such as GPS just working and not requiring that stupid old hack of flashing a Touchwiz ROM, etc, and also the weird graphics corruptions that were being seen? All fixed?

defrostmode

Aug 8, 2008
Ringtone issue should be easy. Find the audio file in Apollo (the stock music player), tap& hold the sound file, then tap "Use As Ringtone"

Default app setting should be working fine if you keep setting them to not ask again once you make your selection. If it truly is not remembering defaults you will need to reflash your ROM

It doesn't matter how I choose the audio file. Through Apollo or through any of the options given under sound settings... It only works as a ringtone if it is on internal memory. If it's on the SD card my phone just gets the call with no noise.

My phone is legitimately not remembering what defaults I pick. No idea why and it does remember some of them. No idea why. I'll have to wait until I have access to a better Internet connection and a computer to reflash... That could be a while.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

PreReqs: Unlocked Bootloader

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11.0:
    - Copy CM11.0 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

BUG LIST
    -BT Voice Search

[Nightlies] http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i605

[GAPPS 4.4] http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps#Downloads

Change log http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/i605/next

Source http://github.com/CyanogenMod
    be on the lookout for a cm12 thread in the next week ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
    Almost there. Accelerometer, light, gyro, barometer, and prox sensors are working. Need to fix gravity, linear accel, magnetic, and orientation. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    update OP with a new build. L900 is coming next.
    new build up. Probably last one before I push for nightlies.