[Q] Please Help Droid 4 bought with root already on it.

Search This thread
Apr 14, 2012
I admit.... I am a noob big time, love this my droid 4....I bought a droid 4 from a girl, whom I take it rooted this phone in the icon's there is a (super user), I have no warranty on phone so it does not matter, so I took it to Verizon because when I have a incoming or out going call I can hardly hear the person, they can hear me fine! but speakers as for as playing music and videos are great! Now the issue is was told I needed different rom installed most likely to hear better because somethings change when the phone was rooted, and it is fully rooted, the man at Verizon checked to see if it was fully rooted and said it was, can you please tell me where and what I need, or pls guide me on how to get this root off here, I do not know much about phones other then calling or texting so pls pls be nice :( That is the only known issue I have having out of the phone not being able to hear the other person talking, very low... Thanks if you know of a fix. I guess what I am asking is there a app or something I need to give me incoming and out going call sound back! pleaseeeeeeeeeee HELP... Thanks Misty

Last edited:

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
I don't see how rooting would cause your issue but unrooting should be relatively easy. You will want to download the Droid 4 Utility from the link above. Double click on the Droid4Utility batch file to run the utility and select option 2 to unroot. After it finishes running double check to make sure super user is gone. Go in to stock recovery using this instructions:

turn your phone off
hold both vol+ and vol- buttons
while holding vol+/vol- hold power
menu comes up
--scroll with vol-
--select recovery with vol+
droid and ! in a triangle comes up
--push both vol+ and vol-
--you are in stock recovery now

(thanks to greekchampion04 for the instructions)

Then perform a factory reset. This should completely restore your phone to stock out of the box condition.

Reactions: bamamistysmith
Apr 14, 2012

I ran the droid for utility option 2 to unroot says make sure phone is unlocked but gives me this system can not the path of specified, however super user still on my phone!

zeroibis

Jun 23, 2011
Now if you take it into a different Verizon place and ask about it they might be able to give you more help. My understanding is that their attempt to fix it will stop as soon as they see the phone is rooted. So basically the first time you took it in you had a 0% chance at getting real help. This time around this may be different and they can tell you what is wrong. :cool:

quarky42

Sep 30, 2008
Please understand:

root just means "admin" access to the phone. It gives you access to anything. Rooting, by itself doesn't mean the function of the phone is modified in any way.

ROM = operating system. In theory, you could have a ROM installed (on some phones) without root access at all. They are NOT the same thing. A ROM means the phone has been heavily customized.

It is quite possible to have root access without having a custom ROM installed.

Apr 14, 2012
Thanks to all

I finally figured out how to unroot the droid 4 how easy was that lmao god I am such a noob was so simple but only took me 2 days lmao and when I did just what everyone said for me to do that I clearly did not understand it worked like a charm ugh what a dummy I am... Thanks to all

Apr 14, 2012
Question

I don't see how rooting would cause your issue but unrooting should be relatively easy. You will want to download the Droid 4 Utility from the link above. Double click on the Droid4Utility batch file to run the utility and select option 2 to unroot. After it finishes running double check to make sure super user is gone. Go in to stock recovery using this instructions:

turn your phone off
menu comes up
--scroll with vol-

Then perform a factory reset. This should completely restore your phone to stock out of the box condition.

Once I am where to wipe/factory reset what to I push to get that started I do the hit vol+ and Vol- at same time takes me back to triangle if I click up takes me up down takes me down. ????

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
I am guessing you hit the power button to select an option. I have not actually been in the stock recovery but that is how safestrap recovery works.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA

cantide357

Nov 17, 2013
trying to find the unroot link said file is not there

I am trying to find the unroot for my droid 4 and every link i go to for the unroot is dead. i need to unroot my phone. so i can get a new phone and i have tried to find the unroot but ever time i go to the link it said it is not here any more. i used razr_Blade root if that helps

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
I am trying to find the unroot for my droid 4 and every link i go to for the unroot is dead. i need to unroot my phone. so i can get a new phone and i have tried to find the unroot but ever time i go to the link it said it is not here any more. i used razr_Blade root if that helps

I assume you are planning on wiping the phone if you're going to get a new one. I would just use RSDlite and fastboot it. That will get rid of root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm even more of a noob than you, I don't even own a Droid4 yet! But, from what I've been reading, this looks like it will unroot:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1492843

turn your phone off
    menu comes up
    --scroll with vol-

Now if you take it into a different Verizon place and ask about it they might be able to give you more help. My understanding is that their attempt to fix it will stop as soon as they see the phone is rooted. So basically the first time you took it in you had a 0% chance at getting real help. This time around this may be different and they can tell you what is wrong. :cool:
    I am guessing you hit the power button to select an option. I have not actually been in the stock recovery but that is how safestrap recovery works.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA