Sound Quality

Search This thread

greengoldmello

Dec 3, 2007
Houston
Can anyone with the phone comment on the sound quality of the Sensation? Also, is the volume as low through headphones as most previous HTC phones?

Jas_932

May 21, 2011
using a good set of headphones, the sound is really good!, like Hassan said, sound quality is very good and you can change the settings to how you like it.

Without headphones in its acceptable... not great, not terrible, but acceptable :p

mazinya

Jul 25, 2010
But if you replace the original headphones of HTC, you then cant use it as a hands free speaker right? so would a person have to carry 2 sets of headphones? one for music and one if he wants to talk to someone using the hands free speaker?

PartyMango

Feb 25, 2011
Wien/Vienna
But if you replace the original headphones of HTC, you then cant use it as a hands free speaker right? so would a person have to carry 2 sets of headphones? one for music and one if he wants to talk to someone using the hands free speaker?

While I am still waiting for my Sensation, if this handset works the same as previous HTC phones (and there is all indication that it does), any iPhone compatible headset should work just fine.

I've been using the Creative EP-630i (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-EP...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1306766090&sr=8-1) with my HTC Nexus One and Samsung Galaxy S2. The clicker as well as the microphone work as expected. The clicker accepts or ends (long press) calls and performs special functions (like play/pause) in applications that support headset buttons (like the music player, BeyondPod, doubleTwist, ...). The in-line microphone on these earbuds is perfect for calling.

As I wrote previously, any other iPhone-headsets should perform well with this phone (and, as a matter of fact, most other Android phones). The Galaxy S (not 2!) is a popular exception as Samsung used a proprietary connector they have now deprecated with the S2.

Last edited:

samnada

Aug 17, 2010
Last edited:

Trekest

Sep 9, 2009
Here's a thought - I've never had any Android phone before so I'm not sure whether this is possible, but on my N96 I can use regular phones as hands free while using the device's mic. That's also how I plug it into my car - I have an auxiliary 3.5 input that I simply connect my phone to and it works seamlessly.

Would this work on the Sensation as well?

boostedb16b

Sep 10, 2010
Here's a thought - I've never had any Android phone before so I'm not sure whether this is possible, but on my N96 I can use regular phones as hands free while using the device's mic. That's also how I plug it into my car - I have an auxiliary 3.5 input that I simply connect my phone to and it works seamlessly.

Would this work on the Sensation as well?

this has worked for me on my hd2... so i assume it will work on sensation too

rimvydukas

Jul 11, 2008
Vilnius
Guys,

please, leave alone headphones:) What is the sound quality of loudspeaker and speakerphone? Older HTC android devices were so poor in this department - is sensation any different in sound quality?

dazz29

Nov 20, 2008
Loudspeaker is 'ok', moved on slightly from Desire HD but nothing more.

However it is nice to see that equalizer options are finally available via bluetooth, including SRS. Sounds great with a good pair of bluetooth headphones :p

thechefcooks

Oct 6, 2007
planet Earth
Soundquality is good, and the audible volume is the same as the desire hd. the bass is a little less (tested the same audio track & headphone). The higher frequencies are a bit richer (this is great is you like to listen to ye olde cbm64 SID sounds on droidplayer :).

Last edited: