[ROM-AOSP][BL1.2]G-Harmony Gingerbread 2.3.7 (UPDATED 3/15)

Search This thread

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
This is AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.7 built from source.

Thanks to Preludedrew and Gojimi(for all your help), Kornyone, The Cyanogenmod team, Leonnib4, roebeet, pershoot, and all the devs out there.

*YOU MUST DO A COMPLETE WIPE BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. If you get stuck on the "android" screen, in Clockwork, go to mounts and storage>format system and format data. Then wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Then reflash the Rom.

G-HARMONY GINGERBREAD v2.8

http://dev-host.org/N2i

*AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.7
*Zeam Launcher
*Stock Gingerbread Launcher
*Pershoot 2.6.32.48 kernel
*FLAC support
*GAPPS ARE NOW INCLUDED(Google Play Store is included)
*Power toggles in the Notification dropdown
*ICS Transitions
*Home,Menu, and Back soft keys
*Adhoc support
*Added code to support mouse pointer with bluetooth mouse from CM(untested)
*All apks were PNG optimized and are ZipAligned at boot
*ICS icons and Wallpapers
*Honeycomb Wallpapers(by GFX Android)
*Battery percentage in the notification bar
*Transparent notification pulldown
*Bluetooth HID for bluetooth keyboard, mouse and Wiimote support
*File Manager
Know issues: Youtube HD will not play.

Last edited:

Hitman47ICA

Mar 30, 2009
Dortmund
Hi,

i am interessted to flash your rom on my tablet.
my question is:
will your rom work on the hannspad sn10t1?
do i have to flash a kernel for the hannspad if its work?
you typed that youtube hd video is not working, is this just a problem on youtube or is hw accelerating not working?

thehumble1

May 30, 2008
NMI
Google Nexus 4
I hate to add useless posts that just say that I am flashing it, so I'll say I'm flashing it and then ask if there is anything that you want us to look for or to try out for you. Looks solid so far, though I got FCs on the default keyboard. I'm clearing caches and such and trying again.

Edit: that worked. I'm good now. Just wish some apps could utilize the screen size.

Last edited:

Kocrachon

May 18, 2011
So I am trying to flash this rom after removing CM7. However, Its been sitting at the "Android" screen for over 30 minutes. Does this use a different partition than the usual 2048 / 0 ?

thehumble1

May 30, 2008
NMI
Google Nexus 4
I'm sure you can leave the 2gb/0 partition in, but you should reboot into CWM and clear caches and fix permissions first. If that doesn't work, wipe data too. It should boot fine then, probably just after another cache wipe.

Jerome.Ramos

May 18, 2010
BootLoader

Hi...does it matter if I have a 1.1 bootloader? does this rom boot on 1.2? please clarify

docsparks

Aug 28, 2009
www.dcombl.com
In the title of this entire thread, says [BL1.2] so im assuming its meant torwards Bootloader 1.2, and not 1.1.

Thank you TJ for bringing something back, ive been wanting to let my younger family use the G-tab but i had nothing stable on it.

Your efforts are never overlooked. Ill report updates for other end-users, to help. :)

Reactions: tjohnsonjr

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
In the title of this entire thread, says [BL1.2] so im assuming its meant torwards Bootloader 1.2, and not 1.1.

Thank you TJ for bringing something back, ive been wanting to let my younger family use the G-tab but i had nothing stable on it.

Your efforts are never overlooked. Ill report updates for other end-users, to help. :)

What's up playa?? This release should be good for them. Let me know how it runs for you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
Awesome. I am using your previous GB (after tried almost all the ROM's around here) so maybe this will be my daily driver for now on!

Is there a chance to implement USB audio host on it?

LE: Installed without format. Just clean the cache and dalvik. Some apps needed to be reinstalled from back-ups.
All works well for now. Except Zinio - it does not want to log in anymore.

Last edited:

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Updated to this rom this morning after experimenting with the ics rom. Even used CWM 5504 to load it and very smooth. Haven't tryed overclocking it yet, but will see how that goes. Can one replace the kernel with one of Clemsyn custom ones? I like pershot, but 1.6 mhz needs to be tested. Thanks in advance.

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Updated to this rom this morning after experimenting with the ics rom. Even used CWM 5504 to load it and very smooth. Haven't tryed overclocking it yet, but will see how that goes. Can one replace the kernel with one of Clemsyn custom ones? I like pershot, but 1.6 mhz needs to be tested. Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Yes you can switch kernels.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.7 built from source.

Thanks to Preludedrew and Gojimi(for all your help), Kornyone, The Cyanogenmod team, Leonnib4, roebeet, pershoot, and all the devs out there.

*YOU MUST DO A COMPLETE WIPE BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. If you get stuck on the "android" screen, in Clockwork, go to mounts and storage>format system and format data. Then wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Then reflash the Rom.

G-HARMONY GINGERBREAD v2.8

http://dev-host.org/N2i

*AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.7
    *Zeam Launcher
    *Stock Gingerbread Launcher
    *Pershoot 2.6.32.48 kernel
    *FLAC support
    *GAPPS ARE NOW INCLUDED(Google Play Store is included)
    *Power toggles in the Notification dropdown
    *ICS Transitions
    *Home,Menu, and Back soft keys
    *Adhoc support
    *Added code to support mouse pointer with bluetooth mouse from CM(untested)
    *All apks were PNG optimized and are ZipAligned at boot
    *ICS icons and Wallpapers
    *Honeycomb Wallpapers(by GFX Android)
    *Battery percentage in the notification bar
    *Transparent notification pulldown
    *Bluetooth HID for bluetooth keyboard, mouse and Wiimote support
    *File Manager
    Know issues: Youtube HD will not play.
    I followed above instructions and gtab will only boot back to cwm recovery screen, any ideas ?

1)You to nvflash back to stock
    2)Flash CWM
    3)Wipe data, and format data and format system

FYI, there is no need to use nvflash to fix this. It's simpler to use the techniques mentioned here. I've also gone into some detail on why this happens, here.
    So I am trying to flash this rom after removing CM7. However, Its been sitting at the "Android" screen for over 30 minutes. Does this use a different partition than the usual 2048 / 0 ?

No it doesn't. Try wipe data/factory reset, then go to mounts and storage>format data and format system. Then reflash the ROM.

Just a quick note of thanks.
    I've switched from DRH, chasing better stability and speed, and haven't been disappointed.