FM Radio in ICS (need tester)

Search This thread

yipyipyip

Mar 3, 2011
Hi folks

does someone have any news on the FM radio front ?
we're not talking about streaming here, but the real thing : FM stereo radiowaves over the air.

A100, A200 and A500 use the same chip : AzureWave AW-NH611.
it is a combo chip, with Wlan, bluetooth and FM TX/RX on the same chip.

it is also found in some Lenovo Tablet (K1?) and the famous Xiaomi mi-one.

of all these devices, the only one which make use of the FM capability is the mi-one.
MIUI team has developed a FM app in their ICS ROM.

As everybody knows, Acer will release ICS in april, and a lot of people here already have some leaked rom in their iconia.

Can anyone test the MIUI FMapp in the ICS Iconia ?

AFAIK, from the MIUI Rom, we need to retrieve:
-/system/app/FM.apk
-/system/bin/fmradioserver
-/system/bin/fmconfig
-/system/lib/libfmradio.so
-/system/lib/libfmradioplayer.so
-/system/lib/libfmradiostackservice.so

and copy them to iconia.
I would try myself but dont want to flash a leaked ICS yet

NH2G

Mar 1, 2011
I would also be willing to take a look. This would be a nice feature to use.

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
I know that, I did that, and it's still a dud link. Possibly somewhere unreachable from the UK.

Either way, I get: Error 138 (net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED): Unable to access the network.

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
Thanks. :)

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

OK, for me at least, doesn't work. An ADB push copies it out but no shortcut. Trying an ADB install gives me a error about a missing certificate.

duckbill1

Apr 6, 2012
I just uploaded mentioned files. Possibly it's not so easy. Try on ROM with switched off certificate verification.

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
Naaw. I ain't flashing a new ROM just to TRY to get FM working. Way too much of a PITA to go through that kind of hassle.

jaizero

Oct 14, 2009
La Crosse, WI
I can see the app but when I try to install it it says "application not installed" would it be possible to put this together as an installable zip file for cwm to ensure all the pieces go to the right places?

duckbill1

Apr 6, 2012
Played around with that files. Apk needed to have the same signature as system. But even without signature check it does not run - need something from miui framework. Binaries also do not work: specified libs not enough - it can not load: some functions can not be linked. Possibly - missed driver or export in kernel.

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
Are you guys sure this is not similar to the 3g modem situation.Some of the hardware chips are on The iconia . but not fully supported. as well as to get the radio to work it will need antana . my huawei 2.3.6 android phone has a fm radio. The antana is the headset port.i have a 5 inch adapter wire i put in there to recieve a signal. Then in the software for the tuner i can can switch to headset port phone speaker or bluetooth...

by the way it works awesome. would love to have this on iconia . Do not take this as me saying its not happening. BUT Its most likely some hardware missing..

GOOD LUCK. I will be watching this thread.. IF YA get it looks PLEASE TELL ME im wrong..

thanks guys. and please people stay on topic. or close anyway hi floatie long time no see.

Top Liked Posts