[TAR][STOCK]Full L900VPALJ1 - "Back to Stock"

Search This thread

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
How were you "unaware"? Did you not see a thread with the same version a few days ago? I really doubt that poor excuse.

Yes, I saw his thread and I participated in it. As I said, I had a file from another source that I was not informed was his file. I never checked the md5, the filenames were just different. I assumed it was a different file, sorry I didn't check the complete legitimacy of it...

Gotcha....question...how different can a stock tar be?

Well, good question, I'm not really sure. But the other file I have isn't even the same size and it comes from a completely different place.

Let me remind you to think how you're going to approach people; being offensive is not what we want to see here - and consider this a friendly warning.

Apart from that: A LEAK belongs to NO ONE apart from the manufacturer who actually holds the copyright on the firmware. You complaining about "it's sextape's, not your's" is totally, absolutely, irrelevant. If you're so inclined to point out possible ownership you well better look into the terms of copyright and intellectual property first and then you may point out that it actually belongs to Samsung.

Also, just as a another friendly reminder - THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT THREAD! If you feel like playing sextape fanboi take it to IRC, Facebook, Twitter or whatever service else the world doesn't care about.

Thank you, sir.

pstevep

Retired Senior Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
Sextape asked to have his account removed, he was not banned.

This is true. Although I might add, he asked to have his account deleted because he didn't want to abide by our rules.

On another note.

The difference between stock tar files, is probably similar to the differences in stock ruu files. One or two files changing. If viperboy was using sextape file he would need to credit him. As it appears that he is going to be using a different file altogether, no credit needs to be given.

goodpup420

Jun 1, 2011
Way to post sextape's image without crediting him!

I can definitely see where you've earned the credit there.

/sarcasm

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

i really dont understand ur need to come in here and totally derail the thread. especially when u urself have not always 100% of the time given proper credit where due and infact have even been accused of stealing code. those are all just accusations which anyone can throw out but seeing as how uve been in the same position before u would have a little more sympathy and give the dude the benefit of the doubt. he took down the damn file so get over it. who cares when where how why he got the file? as stated its none of ur property its samsungs. there were complaints. he responded to the complaints same goes for u so why the need to try and be all high and might?
man this is soooooo disappointing when u get a new device and ur so excited to learn about it and do all the stuff u can do then u try and gather all the things u need but run into threads like this that are too busy worrying about their sandy vaginas over getting credit for something that they didnt even do. i love all the work everyone does here but sometimes man its so annoying sitting here having to filter through crap like this just to get to the things we need

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
i really dont understand ur need to come in here and totally derail the thread. especially when u urself have not always 100% of the time given proper credit where due and infact have even been accused of stealing code. those are all just accusations which anyone can throw out but seeing as how uve been in the same position before u would have a little more sympathy and give the dude the benefit of the doubt. he took down the damn file so get over it. who cares when where how why he got the file? as stated its none of ur property its samsungs. there were complaints. he responded to the complaints same goes for u so why the need to try and be all high and might?
man this is soooooo disappointing when u get a new device and ur so excited to learn about it and do all the stuff u can do then u try and gather all the things u need but run into threads like this that are too busy worrying about their sandy vaginas over getting credit for something that they didnt even do. i love all the work everyone does here but sometimes man its so annoying sitting here having to filter through crap like this just to get to the things we need
#1. I have always given proper credit in my threads, but that is irrelevant.

#2. I am sorry that I blew up a bit, but I did think that sextape deserved more respect than he was given

Anyway, thanks, -viperboy- for addressing my concerns. Let's just go back and discuss the topic at hand: Note II software.

Reactions: sling

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
#1. I have always given proper credit in my threads, but that is irrelevant.

#2. I am sorry that I blew up a bit, but I did think that sextape deserved more respect than he was given

Anyway, thanks, -viperboy- for addressing my concerns. Let's just go back and discuss the topic at hand: Note II software.

It's all good man, water under the bridge.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: SantinoInc

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
I have put up another stock tar for you guys. This one came from Samsung-Updates.com, credits in OP, filename says it as well. Original file was located here but hotfile is slow as hell lol so I mirrored it for you guys. I will have another mirror up tonight once I get back to school.

Please someone test this to make sure it flashes, it should without issue. Thanks!

Last edited:

JBizzleFoSho

Jan 4, 2011
I have put up another stock tar for you guys. This one came from Samsung-Updates.com, credits in OP, filename says it as well. Original file was located here but hotfile is slow as hell lol so I mirrored it for you guys. I will have another mirror up tonight once I get back to school.

Please someone test this to make sure it flashes, it should without issue. Thanks!

It doesn't seem to wipe everything out like I thought it would. I still have all my apps and what not. My status still says modified but when I go to download mode it says I have Samsung Official. I'm a bit confused

Edit - Did a factory reset and now it says my device status is normal. Still though that Odin' a full image would have reset me back to out of the box stock.

Last edited:

guirae

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco
so i dLed this ODIN'ed it. when it was in it's md5 format, Odin would freak out and freeze.

after i renamed the file to a .tar file, it worked. i noticed that wasn't mentioned in the OP. thought i'd let people know who haven't done this before/are running into the issue.

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
It doesn't seem to wipe everything out like I thought it would. I still have all my apps and what not. My status still says modified but when I go to download mode it says I have Samsung Official. I'm a bit confused

Edit - Did a factory reset and now it says my device status is normal. Still though that Odin' a full image would have reset me back to out of the box stock.

In my experience with Odin and tars, Odin doesn't usually touch your data partition and that's why you still had all your apps installed. It's also the reason why sometimes the phone won't even boot after flashing the tar without doing a factory reset. I'm definitely not the smartest person when it comes to any of this but that's just been my experience. It will wipe out every partition but the data partition. So it's best to boot into the stock recovery afterwards and do a factory reset.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

goodpup420

Jun 1, 2011
so i dLed this ODIN'ed it. when it was in it's md5 format, Odin would freak out and freeze.

after i renamed the file to a .tar file, it worked. i noticed that wasn't mentioned in the OP. thought i'd let people know who haven't done this before/are running into the issue.

didnt have this problem at all. did u just pull the md5 out of the zip instead of extracting it all? there was a second file in the zip that disappears when u extraxt the whole zip file

mokash34

Sep 1, 2007
! C:\Users\K\Downloads\SPH-L900_SPR_1_20121004114000_y7g9ak44az.zip: CRC failed in KIES_HOME_L900VPALJ1_L900SPTALJ1_265523_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5. The file is corrupt

That is what I get every time I try to extract the file. It gets to 99% and then errors out. I've redownloaded twice already. Am I doing something wrong?

wwjoshdew

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
Just a heads up, the tar.md5 would not flash in odin. My MD5 of the 1.3GB file is 75dc0b88dcb01c52ae449137e0f6c258

When I load the "other" one, it works just fine. Now my phone is 100 percent stock.

Reactions: NJBROTHA2K

mrnamster

Dec 7, 2007
I too was unable to flash. It got stuck at the "NAND Write Start" step. The MD5 checks out.

Last edited:

bman55

Jul 15, 2010
is there a flash counter? or yellow triangle?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all! Here are the directions with links on how to go back to stock L900VPALJ1 FW. It will be provided for everyone because playing with these phones can sometimes go south and you always want to be able to go back to stock :) Please follow these directions to flash this:

1. Download the stock tar - (mirror link) MD5SUM: d42d84446d5ce832999ebb92f21f56b0
    2. Download Odin - (mirror link)
    3. Download the Drivers - (mirror link)
    4. Install the drivers, reboot if prompted.
    5. Extract the .zip you downloaded from Step 1 and remember that location.
    6. Start Odin by right-clicking on it and choose "Run as Administrator"
    7. Go into download mode - power off the phone, then press and hold Vol Down + Home + Power. Press Vol Up when prompted with the warning about flashing custom software.
    8. Plug in the phone, make sure Odin recognizes it (first box should light up, indicating a device was found)
    9. Click the PDA button and chose the .md5 file you extracted earlier.
    10. Click Start

It is important that you DO NOT close the program, unplug the cable, or really even touch the phone while this runs. The phone will reboot on its own when it's done flashing.

Credits:
    My friends at Samsung-Updates.com for the tar :)

Enjoy :)
    Reserved, just in case.
    Awesome viperboy! I was starting to wonder if people were going to be able to download these anymore, since it's very important to keep them on hand in case you mess up your phone. My old links to the deleted thread stopped working, and now I can replace them with this one.

How To Flash your Note 2 Stock Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTUW1_L5fmU

Way to post sextape's image without crediting him!

I can definitely see where you've earned the credit there.

/sarcasm

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2