Installation of custom rom for a begginer(help required)

Search This thread
Jul 1, 2012
Is it safe to install a custom rom on n7000, because of it's brickbug? (If yes, please help me how to install and which one to install)
I've never installed any custom ROM nor have i rooted till now. And mine has the 'brickbug'.
And i would also like to know what version OS i wil get on my device and whether the S-Pen feature remain intact ( S-note and
stuff). I just want my note to be smooth, fast and battery miser because i am now on official 4.1.2 it lags a lot and is battery hungary.

Looking forward for detailed help.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Azeazezar

Aug 5, 2011
ಠ_ಠ
Yes it is safe to install all recent custom roms. Probably even safer than staying on stock.
Your s-pen will still work, with every rom i tried. however, if you do not go for a stock-based rom, Samsung apps(including S-note) will not.
Also, consider the age of your battery. Your poor battery life may be related to an old battery. (Still, flashing a different rom should improve it.)

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
What about emmc brickbug

Flash philz kernel in recovery and you will be safe from brickbug, although only few cases of brickbug have been reported in JB, it is there on ICS for sure. So just flash philz kernel and reboot recovery before flashing anything from there, then read the instructions in the custom rom thread of your choice and follow.

A

AndroidSlave

Is it safe to install a custom rom on n7000, because of it's brickbug? (If yes, please help me how to install and which one to install)
I've never installed any custom ROM nor have i rooted till now. And mine has the 'brickbug'.
And i would also like to know what version OS i wil get on my device and whether the S-Pen feature remain intact ( S-note and
stuff). I just want my note to be smooth, fast and battery miser because i am now on official 4.1.2 it lags a lot and is battery hungary.

Looking forward for detailed help.

Why post this stuff instead of just reading the FAQ thread sticky that answers it? Laziness?

Sent from Nexus 5 on Slimkat

kaborayyan

Feb 2, 2013
Alexandria
With all that cautions about bricking. And with every thread op that says we are not responsible if you brick your device. People get really scared esp. of they are not fluent in English.
You can't blame them for being extra cautious.

Sent from my GT-N7000

A

AndroidSlave

I appreciate what you're saying, but many (including myself) have put many hours into making guides, of which aren't even looked at... Read the guides then post if you don't understand.

Sent from Nexus 5 on Slimkat

Top Liked Posts