[Game] Tetra Master v0.84 (5-26-11)

What feature would you like to see first?

• Total voters
Search This thread

zyphuris55

Aug 18, 2008
Schiller Park
NOT DEAD

For all of those who still care about this game, I am not dead nor is the project.
What is dead is the feature for more screen resolutions. The game was originally build for WVGA. Having to convert all the functions to support more screen sizes, then make the game still look nice in smaller sizes, and then testing the new sizes with the emulator (my phone is WVGA, so emulator is the only way way to test them).....It's just too much of a pain.

The sole reason why the new release has been so delayed was because of the screen sizes.

Now, with that past, I'd like to introduce you to some of the new things I've added.
- When choosing a dueler to duel, you now have 3 "spools" worth of duelers to choose from. scroll them around and choose duelers.
- There is now a menu during the duel. Currently it doesn't do much, but hey, cut me some slack, I'm still adding things.

The game is not perfect nor do I guarantee EVERYTHING will work as expected, but it is more stable than the previous 2 public builds.

Last edited:

zyphuris55

Aug 18, 2008
Schiller Park
I've had offers from 3 people to help (making prototypes of the screens), but none of them replied back after I accepted their help.

The PC version is still in the works. I'll start working on it after v1.0, about the time I'm adding the online feature to the game.

By the way, for those who can play this (wvga people), please comment after trying the game? I am not able to catch everything and I can't read your minds on what features you'd like in the game. Got an idea, throw a comment. Feedback recommendations will always be put ahead of my game plan ideas.

zyphuris55

Aug 18, 2008
Schiller Park
Many updates

Major features in this release is the ability to now wager money or just practice. I also fixed the screen for choosing a profile to load/ where to save a profile, it's now using code similar to the wager selection screen....damn that was tough.
While I was working with that code, I also fixed the problem with the wager selection. If you tried to "flick" the blocks up/down, it would scroll them and select them.

After a few more bugs are fixed, I'm going to start working on adding audio to the same (finally) :-D.

P.s. Survey question: what platform would you like to see this ported on to? Android, WP7, or PC?

EdrickV

Jul 3, 2011
Too bad about no QVGA version. Not likely to get a WVGA for a long time, and then it probably won't be WM5/6.

FYI, there is already a Tetra Master game for PC, as well as a couple Triple Triad games. (And apparently they support multi-player.)

borgese

Oct 2, 2009
Shaolin
I wish you ported this to Android, as this Windows Mobile version seems to have died by now. It's by far, one of my favorite card games and you did such a good job bringing the original feel to an independent, mobile version. I'd gladly contribute to you bringing this project back and to Android in whatever way I could.

zyphuris55

Aug 18, 2008
Schiller Park
Thank you borgese for your interest in the game and offering to help. I do plan on bringing Tetra Master to the android world, but currently I'm working on another project (also for android). When I do get the time, I'll start on porting the code over. Sorry that it's been nearly 3 years without any updates. Collage kinda gets a grab on your time.

Last I checked, I didn't have any pressing need for help (updated images are nice, but the current images of 82x101 pxl per card are still decent for now).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who have owned a Playstation and enjoy playing RPG games, then you might remember Final Fantasy 9. It didn't have as many mini-games as FF7, but it did have a fun card game to relax you from the main story line...if you were able to understand the fragmented manual :confused:.

In this version of TM, it uses the same features as the original plus more "manual included". If you haven't played the Playstation version, then you won't be missing much after playing this game.

home.jpg about.jpg

The game is still in progress, and thus lacking features, but they will be included in the future.
    Requests are openly welcomed. :D

Prerequisite:
    - WM 5/6 with a touch screen
    - WVGA screen

To-Do by v1.0:
    - General upgrades
    - Level up your skill level [on hold]
    - Intelligent AI (rather than random moves) [on hold]

To-Do by v2.0:
    - MUSIC and sound effects
    - Awards
    - Ability to play the game in portrait or landscape
    - Duel others "friends or random" through Bluetooth/ online
    - Dueling Arena "multiple people join together for a prize"
    - In-game texting between fellow friends/ duelers
    - Rotation support with the GSensor
    - PC app (so PC people can battle phone people)

Currently working on:

- Glitches and small fixes
    - Options (audio, save game directory, auto-save duels, ...)
    - Users (in-game enemies)
    - Statistics
    - Audio

Known Problems
    - winning a duel while on practice mode doesn't work (stops after you win)
    - Scrolling thought the save/load window is glitchy when there is more than 8 profiles

Updates:
    v0.84 (5-26-11) Stable
    [ save/ load ]
    - Improved responsiveness between scrolling/ moving saved blocks
    - Added a tint to the background when displaying pop-up windows (when saving/ loading)
    - Upgraded the code for displaying the profiles. Should keep the loading time and memory usage to a minimum when opening multiple profiles.
    [ choose duelers ]
    - fixed glitch when flicking through possible duelers. (tried to scroll and choose a block)
    - patched the glitch when starting to scroll the dueler blocks from outside the main window.
    - fixed the problem where the chosen dueler numbers did not correctly update
    - user can now choose any of the 5 duel choices
    [ new user ]
    - fixed problem where the current profile would be reset if attempted to make a new user
    - a name (minimum 1 letter/ symbol) is now required when making a new profile
    [ home page ]
    - cheat option is re-enabled
    - changed the duel button names

v0.83.2 (5-2-11) Stable
    - fixed problems that "should" have been solved in v0.82.9
    - added some loading screens when making/loading duelers (for aesthetics)
    - fixed some problems caused by adding more resolutions
    - changed how some buttons are displayed

v0.82.9 (12-18-10) {removed due to glitches}
    - fixed some major glitches from 0.82.3 which crashed the game
    - improved viewing action when choosing a card in the card viewer
    - added ability to scroll duel choices
    - fixed problem with seeing an empty file as having a profile

v0.74 (7-3-10)
    - first public release
    FAQ:

Q: Why did you make this game?
    A: When playing FF9, I felt the mini-game wasn't made to its full potential. So instead of complaining, I took action and wrote up a updated version.

Q: How long did you have to play the game to know how it works?
    A: Not much. Because of Trifthen having already went through the trouble of making a FAQ about the game, it took a large weight off my shoulders.
    ~ http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197338-final-fantasy-ix/faqs/9671

Q: Porting
    A, Platforms: As of now, the program is still not complete for the platform it is intended for. Android is a maybe, Droid is a maybe, iPhone is a no.
    A, Game(s): Depends what game your requesting. Triple Triad is tentative to being added to the list.
    After Tetra Master, I'm going to be playing with OpenGL and attempt to make a Sphere Break. I would LOVE to make a Blitzball port....but its still out of my skill reach.

Q: I found a bug/ problem
    A: Awesome, post it somewhere in this thread or send me a pm. I'm on the pc quite often. Just remember to be detailed in where the problem happened and what you were doing before it happened "as much as you can recall". If the game crashes and you get an error, report it in the following way:

error message

at Tetra_Master.xxx.yyy1()
    at Tetra_Master.xxx.yyy2()
    at Tetra_Master.xx

Error from Version: 0.00.0

If the line after "at" does not contain "Tetra_Master", then don't bother typing it. I don't have any control over the system stuff, only the game functions. Also, the stuff between the parenthesis, don't bother typing that stuff. I know what the function is, its input variable is irrelevant to fixing the problem.

Q: I love this game, can I help?
    A: At the moment, yes. I'm looking for a graphics designer for: making new creature images and some other small work. If you are interested, send me a pm and some work you've done. All the images are in 24-bit format. I am not an artist, but I can do a fair amount of image editing. If you can do better art than me, then welcome to the team.

Q: OHH! I got this great idea for your game
    A: I am always looking for new things to put in the game to make it more vibrant. Post it anywhere "pm/ thread" and I'll see it.

Q: Can I help with the programming?
    A: Thank you, but no. If you want to help, give recommendations of what you would like to see in the game.

Q: I have a question which isn't mentioned in the FAQ
    A: Toss it into the thread. Every bit makes this forum a better place.
    ...wow, that's a lot of error reports, I thought you said there was a few bugs. lol

Don't worry if it seems like a huge amount, I can take the challenge. many of them were out of range errors, its how I'm able to get the duels to flow smoothly from one to another without needing to re-choose cards/ re-choosing a wager type.

Currently, I'm staying over at a friends dorm for the night and I'm unable to do any work besides home work, sorry guys and gals :-(. I wont be able to work on the program till tomorrow night. The only updates I've added so far is the menu/ remove saved profile blocks, looks fun to play with :-D.
    I just found this thread, but I am very interested in it. I have a Dell x51v, so I'd love a VGA version. Shoot me a message if you want some help. If it's simple resizing and testing for VGA, I'd be glad to assist in any way. TM is definately my favorite mini-game for final fantasy.