[WINDOWS APP] Kies 2.0 Registry Patcher 1.8.0.0, patch registry on latest Kies

Search This thread

Nodial

Oct 19, 2010
idoneapps.com
This tool is was designed in order to easily patch the registry to force Kies to update your Galaxy S.
This latest version of patcher works even with latest Kies (2.0.0.11014_49_2), all you have to do is to spoof your firmware version to and older one, you can even spoof the product code in order to change it.
The new spoof system works differently from the older patching system, it allow you to use the original dll of kies and works on latest Kies; It should even be future-proof.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Patcher Version 1.8 doesn't fully work yet.
When I built it i only partially tested. I stopped where it notified me the update were available (because i didn't need an update and i was sure it were like Kies 1.x
After my release i noticed the complaint and i tested it fully, sadly something is missing so the patcher can't be used to fully work with Kies 2.0 yet. Sorry, i'll try to sort it out...

VERSIONS:
Patcher Version 1.7 works with Kies 1.x, while Version 1.8 works from 2.0

PRELIMINARY NOTE:
[WARNING!] Do Not flash Any ROM (firmware) until you can get the 3 buttons DOWNLOAD MODE working, even with this Kies trick.

If you want to test the 3 buttons download mode then notice that you can switch back to normal mode by pulling the battery out and then back in. At the next boot the phone will be back in normal mode.

LAGFIX USERS:
[WARNING!] Remember to disable lagfix before to update.
This will avoid filesystem errors that may occurs at the boot of the new flashed firmware.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Download latest Kies Registry Patcher, tool is attachment. Note: It require Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later version.

2) Update Kies to 2.0.0.11014_49_2.

3) Launch Kies Registry Patcher; If you patched the dll in the past with an older version of the patcher then be sure to launch new release as administrator since it have to revert the dll to the original version as the patch isn't needed anymore (Right click on application > Run as Administrator).

4) Launch Kies and connect your phone; Wait for Kies to recognize it properly.

5) You have 2 possibilities now:

5a) Drop down the combo-box "Spoof Product Code as" and select the wanted one. It should automatically fill the "Spoof Software Revision as" textbox with the needed data necessary to find your update.
This feature was added in order to give all the opportunity to use the needed product code. (Special thanks to MCOGW that shared with me his database of product codes/sw revisions).
The label above will be completed with the country related to the chosen product code.

5b) From patcher select:
File > Load Backup
Open the backup that you want to use (e.g. kies-backup-XEU.xml if you want to spoof your phone as XEU, or if your phone is XEU yet and you want to flash it again).

6) From patcher answer "YES" in order to apply the registry update.

7) From Kies you can now update as normal.

====================================================================================================

Note #1:
Remeber that this patch will remain ACTIVE until you set "Enable Spoof" field to False!
It's not a problem but ater you update the phone it's suggested to put that value to false so the patch become inactive.

====================================================================================================

Note #2:
You can play with Advanced settings but those are experimental/untested, so make sure you know what you're doing.

1.3.1.0 Update:

- Window 64bit compatibility added.
- You can now update disabling Battery Charge check: Beware, do not update with a very low battery charge level.
- Sha1 evaluation of dll to patch in order to be sure of the version.

1.4.0.0 Update:

- Fix in case more than 1 phone is found in registry.
- Removed Framework check cause it had a bug with framework4
- Ability to save Kies ROM when you update your phone (in order to use with Odin or in local mode). [See Note#1]
- Added Local folder textbox in order to specify your saved ROM
- Added management of FotaTest.

1.5.0.0 Update:

A new registry patching system has been introduced.
It doesn't need to patch Kies dll anymore and it should be future proof.
Note:
Product Code Spoof have to be last 3 letters only of product code (e.g. ITV for italian product code, XEU for European, etc...).

1.6.0.0 Update:

I added to the tool a database of product codes/sw revisions (credits goes to MCOGW that shared with me his db).

1.7.0.0 Update:

Added Registry Menu.
Registry > Erase Registry option give you the opportunity to erase DeviceDB registry Key to delete bad settings and so avoiding patcher to work in a possible wrong folder.
Use it only in case of problems (when you follow the guide but you still receive the message that no update is still available for your phone).
Added a component to browse for folders where needed.

SPECIAL FUNCTIONS:

1) SAVE A KIES ROM:
You can save a Kies ROM only during a flash update. So, wait for the download from server to be complete (follow the progress in Kies) once the download is complete the rom will be decompressed. After that your phone will be send in download mode and the flash process begin. You have like 2,5 minutes in order to click on: "ROM > Save Rom", don't worry, saving will take like 5 seconds so don't rush, you have a lot of time ;-)

2) UPDATE FROM A LOCAL KIES ROM:
You can update your phone using your local files:
You can use the files you saved during your previous update sessions (see point (1)) or download any Kies Rom on XDA.

You have to put these 4 files in a folder (you can use any name for the folder):
0_XXXXXXXXXX.tar
1_csc_dummy.tar
2_phone_dummy.tar
3_contents_dummy.tar

XXXXXXXXXX is your Kies Rom, rename it putting a "0_" in front of the name.
download the dummy files from the attachment or create your own ones (those a just 0' bytes files).
SS_DL.dll isn't used by Galaxy S so you can delete it.

Open the patcher and select:

Enable Local Test > True
Local Binary ZipFolder Path > Put the folder where you keep your local Rom (e.g. c:\MyLocalKiesRom ), the path must NOT end with "\".

Write registry to save the configuration.

Disconnect the ethernet cable (you have to avoid samsung server to answer).

Open Kies and Update as normal.

3) DISABLE BATTERY CHARGE CHECK:
You can update even if your battery isn't fully charged.
Actually Kies check that your battery charge is at least 50% before to continue, but if you don't want to wait and you have enough charge (like 20%) you can disable the battery check and update as normal.

ADVANCED 1 > Enable Battery Charge Check > False

Attachments

• Kies_ROM_dummy_files.rar
    190 bytes · Views: 6,712
Last edited:

n1kon

Mar 21, 2006
You Legend. Thanks. Will save loads of messing about. Good job.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: leofonseca79

seagryphon

Sep 2, 2010
No Luck In Canada

I tried the fix with no luck... I currently have JH2 and kies 1.5.3.10103.100.

- Without the fix I get a message saying "latest version already installed"
- With the fix I get a message saying "version JF3 cannot be updated"

It was worth a shot though...

Nodial

Oct 19, 2010
idoneapps.com
@seagryphon:
what backup did u selected?

You have to use the right combinations of informations or you won't find any firmware in samsung server!

Reactions: AtMi

seagryphon

Sep 2, 2010
okay, I figured out the problem... In Canada the the version I got from Bell is I9000M. If I change the registry setting to remove the "M" in the Model name I get the option to upgrade to JPO.

My question is has anyone from Canada tried this? Will the JPO version be compatable with I9000M?

Nodial

Oct 19, 2010
idoneapps.com
Nice, i didn't even knew bout that difference!

A new version is coming, it will allow you to flash without battery charge check.

Rioneru

Nov 11, 2010
Hello, thanks for the app.

But i have some trouble launching it, I tried on 3 different computers (1 win7 and 2 winXP) all with the latest net framework installed but the prog keeps telling me it needs version 3.5 or higher to work.
It sounds really strange to me. Hope you can help

Nodial

Oct 19, 2010
idoneapps.com
I'm releasing a new version today cause i've added some new tricks.
Ok, i'll disable the framework check as it seems it's bugged for .net 4

elena11

Aug 11, 2010
Just waiting for the new version to give it a try. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

-l-Z3K3-l-

Jul 4, 2007
doesn't seem to work for me.
Loaded the XEU file, patched the reg and DLL but when i connect the phone it still says its up to date.
god damned vodafone sent an update to my phone last night to add in vodafone crap. phone is even slower now and dying to get standard froyo on it

Nodial

Oct 19, 2010
idoneapps.com
It could happen on 1.3 if more than 1 phone folder is found and the wrong one is used.
This is fixed on 1.4, have u tested it?

-l-Z3K3-l-

Jul 4, 2007
It was 1.4 I tried.
So I tried with 1.3.1. Same result.
Any idea's? I could be missing a step

Nodial

Oct 19, 2010
idoneapps.com
@-l-Z3K3-l-
- Open the patcher, patch the dll if you haven't done it yet (Use last Kies version).
- Open Kies, let it recognize the phone.
- Load a backup! You have to use the XEU one or your own data for your phone model! You need to seek the info in internet, i jusy know the lower version of ITV and XEU.
- Write the registry
- Update using Kies.

@mayo1973
Yes, it works will all Phones, the only problem is the settings are different for each region. You have to seek the right one for your model.
Would be nice to collect them here if someone have some other region settings to share.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool is was designed in order to easily patch the registry to force Kies to update your Galaxy S.
    This latest version of patcher works even with latest Kies (2.0.0.11014_49_2), all you have to do is to spoof your firmware version to and older one, you can even spoof the product code in order to change it.
    The new spoof system works differently from the older patching system, it allow you to use the original dll of kies and works on latest Kies; It should even be future-proof.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Patcher Version 1.8 doesn't fully work yet.
    When I built it i only partially tested. I stopped where it notified me the update were available (because i didn't need an update and i was sure it were like Kies 1.x
    After my release i noticed the complaint and i tested it fully, sadly something is missing so the patcher can't be used to fully work with Kies 2.0 yet. Sorry, i'll try to sort it out...

VERSIONS:
    Patcher Version 1.7 works with Kies 1.x, while Version 1.8 works from 2.0

PRELIMINARY NOTE:
    [WARNING!] Do Not flash Any ROM (firmware) until you can get the 3 buttons DOWNLOAD MODE working, even with this Kies trick.

If you want to test the 3 buttons download mode then notice that you can switch back to normal mode by pulling the battery out and then back in. At the next boot the phone will be back in normal mode.

LAGFIX USERS:
    [WARNING!] Remember to disable lagfix before to update.
    This will avoid filesystem errors that may occurs at the boot of the new flashed firmware.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Download latest Kies Registry Patcher, tool is attachment. Note: It require Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later version.

2) Update Kies to 2.0.0.11014_49_2.

3) Launch Kies Registry Patcher; If you patched the dll in the past with an older version of the patcher then be sure to launch new release as administrator since it have to revert the dll to the original version as the patch isn't needed anymore (Right click on application > Run as Administrator).

4) Launch Kies and connect your phone; Wait for Kies to recognize it properly.

5) You have 2 possibilities now:

5a) Drop down the combo-box "Spoof Product Code as" and select the wanted one. It should automatically fill the "Spoof Software Revision as" textbox with the needed data necessary to find your update.
    This feature was added in order to give all the opportunity to use the needed product code. (Special thanks to MCOGW that shared with me his database of product codes/sw revisions).
    The label above will be completed with the country related to the chosen product code.

5b) From patcher select:
    File > Load Backup
    Open the backup that you want to use (e.g. kies-backup-XEU.xml if you want to spoof your phone as XEU, or if your phone is XEU yet and you want to flash it again).

6) From patcher answer "YES" in order to apply the registry update.

7) From Kies you can now update as normal.

Note #1:
    Remeber that this patch will remain ACTIVE until you set "Enable Spoof" field to False!
    It's not a problem but ater you update the phone it's suggested to put that value to false so the patch become inactive.

Note #2:
    You can play with Advanced settings but those are experimental/untested, so make sure you know what you're doing.

1.3.1.0 Update:

- Window 64bit compatibility added.
    - You can now update disabling Battery Charge check: Beware, do not update with a very low battery charge level.
    - Sha1 evaluation of dll to patch in order to be sure of the version.

1.4.0.0 Update:

- Fix in case more than 1 phone is found in registry.
    - Removed Framework check cause it had a bug with framework4
    - Ability to save Kies ROM when you update your phone (in order to use with Odin or in local mode). [See Note#1]
    - Added Local folder textbox in order to specify your saved ROM
    - Added management of FotaTest.

1.5.0.0 Update:

A new registry patching system has been introduced.
    It doesn't need to patch Kies dll anymore and it should be future proof.
    Note:
    Product Code Spoof have to be last 3 letters only of product code (e.g. ITV for italian product code, XEU for European, etc...).

1.6.0.0 Update:

I added to the tool a database of product codes/sw revisions (credits goes to MCOGW that shared with me his db).

1.7.0.0 Update:

Added Registry Menu.
    Registry > Erase Registry option give you the opportunity to erase DeviceDB registry Key to delete bad settings and so avoiding patcher to work in a possible wrong folder.
    Use it only in case of problems (when you follow the guide but you still receive the message that no update is still available for your phone).
    Added a component to browse for folders where needed.

SPECIAL FUNCTIONS:

1) SAVE A KIES ROM:
    You can save a Kies ROM only during a flash update. So, wait for the download from server to be complete (follow the progress in Kies) once the download is complete the rom will be decompressed. After that your phone will be send in download mode and the flash process begin. You have like 2,5 minutes in order to click on: "ROM > Save Rom", don't worry, saving will take like 5 seconds so don't rush, you have a lot of time ;-)

2) UPDATE FROM A LOCAL KIES ROM:
    You can update your phone using your local files:
    You can use the files you saved during your previous update sessions (see point (1)) or download any Kies Rom on XDA.

You have to put these 4 files in a folder (you can use any name for the folder):
    0_XXXXXXXXXX.tar
    1_csc_dummy.tar
    2_phone_dummy.tar
    3_contents_dummy.tar

XXXXXXXXXX is your Kies Rom, rename it putting a "0_" in front of the name.
    download the dummy files from the attachment or create your own ones (those a just 0' bytes files).
    SS_DL.dll isn't used by Galaxy S so you can delete it.

Enable Local Test > True
    Local Binary ZipFolder Path > Put the folder where you keep your local Rom (e.g. c:\MyLocalKiesRom ), the path must NOT end with "\".

Disconnect the ethernet cable (you have to avoid samsung server to answer).

Open Kies and Update as normal.

3) DISABLE BATTERY CHARGE CHECK:
    You can update even if your battery isn't fully charged.
    Actually Kies check that your battery charge is at least 50% before to continue, but if you don't want to wait and you have enough charge (like 20%) you can disable the battery check and update as normal.

ADVANCED 1 > Enable Battery Charge Check > False

Updated to v.1.8 to patch Kies 2.0

Sorry to all, i was very busy so i had few time to look into Kies 2.0 that's why it tooks to much.
    Now it should be fixed.

Peace ;-)
    Use this file to patch Kies 2.0 to belive you have a phone with productCode XEN and HIDSVWER I9000XWJPA/I9000XENJP2/I9000XXJPP/I9000XWJPA

This will let you update to official JS5.

Put the file in <Kies_Install_dir>\Plugins\DeviceHost

Make sure to enable o make a backup. Else Kies will always belive you are on that particular firmware.

I will try to make an app that lets you choose which firmware you want to spoof. I'll let you know when it's done.

Happy flashing :)
    Well, actually you have to load patcher before to load Kies, so you don't have to open and close.

The reason why i wrote it's needed to open Kies before the patcher it's because of the fact it have to be done the first time only, cause Kies fill Registry the first time it's executed.

From the second time on you have to open the patcher before Kies.
    Keep in mind that the spoof it's permanent, it works until you disable it from the patcher.
    You Legend. Thanks. Will save loads of messing about. Good job.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk