[ROM][GT-P6810][JB 4.1.2][ODIN][Stock Rooted MD3]

Search This thread

furius

Sep 6, 2009
I'm getting this error while flashing through Odin ...
odin_error.png

any idea? where can I check md5sum?

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
When i triy to flash this, odin send a error.

I have a CWM flashable zip for the bootloader. Can't remember where I got it..... haven't yet studied it, modified or tested and don't want to share unless I can personally test first. I'd rather risk my own device than others, as these things can be risky if something's not quite right....

Edit: you'd need BusyBox and applet "dd" installed to /sbin. The location can be changed within the updater script itself.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

bodivas

Oct 18, 2010
Milan-Italy
When i triy to flash this, odin send a error.
flash recovery before and after sbl.bin (added md5)..
However, I have flashed without any problems. This night I put it on charge and not shutting down more :

Download recovery
Download sbl

I'm getting this error while flashing through Odin ...
any idea? where can I check md5sum?
Try to use Odin 3.07:
View attachment Odin307.rar
Or try to flash before this firmware without bootloader:
Download

Last edited:

el_campi

Dec 11, 2007
Valencia
It Work's¡¡¡¡ thank you a lot. :good::good::good::good::laugh: One of the problems solved and....
somebody can try to play music with the speaker, sometimes i use the tablet to put music to my daugther when she goes to sleep, and always restart the tablet, i try to use stock player and Play Music and not different between they, the tablet crash and restart.

Last edited:

el_campi

Dec 11, 2007
Valencia
After install recovery and sbl.bin the problem with shutting down the tablet when connect the charger persist, but i try to install CWM Recovery and do wipe cahe/wipe Dalvik and Fix Permisions, maybe the problem with the music player it's solved, in a few minutes i try to charge the tablet and i will see if the other problem are solved too.

racker

Feb 18, 2006
Sacramento
www.twitter.com
Great Rom! One weird thing...

This ROM is fast and stable. Thank you very much for the port!

I had prior the PacMan rom for my p6810. I loaded this rom via mobile odin but the aokp/pacman navigation ring is still installed. I can get to it by swiping from the lower left corner. The only option when i swipe it is Google search (which is default).

any suggestions on how i can reinstall or do something different so the navigation ring (or any other parts of aokp/pacman) are not remnants on my tab?

bodivas

Oct 18, 2010
Milan-Italy
After install recovery and sbl.bin the problem with shutting down the tablet when connect the charger persist, .
You're right, today while charging, it was off mine too ..
By the way, today was released new FullWipe firmware (but it is 4.0.4) with different changelist: 1257539, build Date: 26.09.2013
http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P6810

CSC P6810OXXLP2:
Switzerland, BALTIC, Greece, SPAIN, Bulgaria, Serbia, Nordic, Romania, Portugal. Hungary, Czech Republic, SOUTH AFRICA, Slovakia
csc.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: el_campi

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
By the way, today was released new FullWipe firmware (but it is 4.0.4) with different changelist: 1257539, build Date: 26.09.2013

CSC P6810OXXLP2:
Switzerland, BALTIC, Greece, SPAIN, Bulgaria, Serbia, Nordic, Romania, Portugal. Hungary, Czech Republic, SOUTH AFRICA, Slovakia
View attachment 2344986

What can we say?........ Unbelievable Samsung :what:

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

After install recovery and sbl.bin the problem with shutting down the tablet when connect the charger persist, but i try to install CWM Recovery and do wipe cahe/wipe Dalvik and Fix Permisions, maybe the problem with the music player it's solved, in a few minutes i try to charge the tablet and i will see if the other problem are solved too.

Could you please give more detail?

Does it reboot, power off, or just SOD (screen off-still powered on)

Charging via USB
Charging via AC

el_campi

Dec 11, 2007
Valencia

CSC P6810OXXLP2:
View attachment 2344986

New ICS firmware????? Samsung :silly::silly::silly:

There are some way to put this csc with more languages in your JB Rom?

What can we say?........ Unbelievable Samsung :what:

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Could you please give more detail?

Does it reboot, power off, or just SOD (screen off-still powered on)

Charging via USB
Charging via AC

Power off when i charge with AC, i do a test in a moment and i tell you what happens.

Edit: Today i charge the tablet without problems, i suppose that when i did the wipes and fix the permissions i fixed it. Tomorrow i will charge the tablet with USB, and i will tell you the results.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpInTheAir

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Some continue to deny the existence of the super brick (brick-bug) for ICS firmware. Just because some users devices aren't affected, doesn't mean it doesn't/didn't exist. Why on earth did Samsung release a patch?? For fun ??

I have read (somewhere) that there was a test done. 20 devices, something like 12 patched (no brick), 4 out of remaining 6 unpatched brick. The I number quoted may be slightly wrong, but I'm sure you get the idea.

I guess your device is one of the lucky 2. :)

I will always (try to) advise before users of the safer option, "better safe than sorry". Users may not know their device is in the 2/3 danger zone until it's too late.... ;)

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
As I always buy UMTS/3G devices, Wifi isn't my priority and I can't remember if I had to re-enter the Wifi passwords or not as this is just a matter of some minutes to set it up again manually.

I won't be ever making the same "mistake" again in buying a WiFi only device...... just to save a few bucks.

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
If I'm not wrong Samsung sold over 10 millions Galaxy Note I and over 38 millions Galaxy Note II, right ???

AFAIK, NO ONE (retailers or carrier operators) never ever mentioned or reported about "massive" super brikbug devices. Just the same as the web or paper media, except XDA and affiliated... ^^

About Samsung patches, and afaik there are not related to the eMMC "bug" BUT to other settings/optimizations not supposed to be touched/used in ICS...

There is a thread in the N7100 development section (Galaxy Note 2) where phil3759 asked to users (poll options) if he should continue patching JB kernel "even maybe useless", and guess the result ?!?!?!?!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1901191

IF Samsung's devices are affected by the super brickbug, then this is Samsung's responsibility to repair for free any affected devices whether they are under warranty or not !!!

If you brickbug your device with a custom kernel, then your device won't be covered by Samsung warranty and you will have to pay for your device to be repaired !!!

At least in France, laws is protecting customers probably better than any other countries as we have a 2 years legal warranty (European rules in fact) and a "non limited/unlimited" warranty delay if it's proven the "defect" is due to the manufacturers !!!

That's the reason I wasn't scared to experiment factory reset overs and over again (till I was tired to redo my settings after every factory resets ^^) either on my Galaxy Note I and my Galaxy tab 7.7 devices with ICS Stock kernels... :D

And I know for sure, I was NOT the only lucky guy ! :p

As I said, Samsung released a kernel patch and it IS brick-bug related.... Samsung Engineers signed off on it !

Yes, it is their responsibility to repair, irrespective of custom installed firmware. It it's a STOCK firmware bug affecting certain chips. Most reports of "superbrick" occurred wiping data from within STOCK ICS RECOVERY. Only using a properly patched custom kernel + CUSTOM RECOVERY give you full protection using ICS firmware. (unless you're one of the lucky 1/3).

I never mentioned JB being affected. This brick-bug has been addressed in Samsung JB releases, I've even seen the code differences posted somewhere. Never saved the references though, and actually too lazy to search and post it again.... :p

Anyway, we're getting right OT :D

Edit: forgot to mention that the "average" user doesn't even realize that there is a recovery from which to wipe. Most would factory reset via the settings menu, which is safe.... That's partly why there's not millions of bricked completely stock ICS devices :)

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
It's NOT a story. Period.

FACTS

1. Samsung Engineers have acknowledged the Superbrick issue by signing-off on a kernel patch which works.

https://github.com/UpInTheAir/P681...mit/f9d69ae2246571f4cd80337711953acab2d63092

2. The JB update from ICS included kernel source changes to prevent superbrick on AFFECTED devices.

3. Not only entropy512, but other elite devs acknowledge the superbrick problem on various affected devices.

4. Not everyone is correct all the time, even the elite devs. But the brick-bug is indeed REAL. (Refer to #1 & 2)

5. For those with their head in the sand and choose to ignore the :

a) Samsung Engineers
b) elite devs

You obviously know more about the issue than Samsung Engineers & those with obvious coding skill etc..... I for one don't pretend to be more knowledgeable or smarter than I really am ;)

6. I'm quite capable of Google, but thank you, as already stated, have already looked through the sources changes from ICS to JB (superbrick). I don't need to again.....

Edit: and contrary to your opinion, the FACT is that we are BOTH going way off topic.

By the way, is the brickbug fixed?

JB kernel from official 4.1.2 source or firmware is not affected by "brick-bug".

Edit: if coming from ICS, do not factory reset from with stock android recovery or unpatched ICS kernel. Wipe AFTER flashing this JB ROM.

The user's question has been answered, and there is no need to discuss this further.

If you wish to proceed further down this line, you may continue via PM with someone who actually cares. I don't have the time ;)

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
the problem is not gone, last night I let the tablet charging with AC and today is Off.

Easy way to get logs;

Could you please install logcat extreme app from Google Play.

You can record the logs and upload them.

Just start recording, leave app running and charge. Hopefully the tab will power off straight away so the recorded file isn't too large.

Reboot and upload the file from your internal sdcard directory "logcat X".

Maybe someone can see something that shouldn't be.

Edit: Can't wait until I'm back home to (try) be more constructive and help out this ROM. Counting the days :)

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
I'll create another specific thread in the General section to explain you (and to those interested in reading it) most things you probably missed and all the mess about the "story"...

Sorry, I think you've missed my point. Please refer to my previous post (FACT#1&5).

I'm not interested in what "findings" you may have to say.

What I do suggest, is that you post your "findings" in the Android General Section (not 7.7), so the greater community can have a big laugh. :p Are you up for the challenge ?

Good luck, you can count me out of your discussions from here in. I don't need to regurgitate from Google search, ONE can do it himself.

As I have said in the forums, I am a busy person and try help out this community. I don't have any more time to listen to your argumentative nonsense on this subject.

You're on ignore. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all!
    I bought yesterday P6810..
    Here i ported full stock official 4.1.2 from P6800 for P6810
    Flash with Odin PC or MobileOdin (i repacked stock kernel & recovery, so the counter is ticking., with MobileOdin-no)
    Rom is absolutely stock
    Auto-Full Wipe (will delete all your data, settings and formats the internal memory)
    Good flash!

Added:
    -Root (SuperSu)
    -Auto factory reset
    -Multilanguage Keyboard Samsung (you can add any language)
    -Flashplayer
    -Full screen
    -Screen filter
    -Simple image

Download Full Wipe Stock Odex Rooted P6810 4.1.2

Download Multiwindows Stock Deodex Rooted P6810 4.1.2 (after flash this Rom, in recovery, need to do wipe data / factory reset)

If you want CRT effect on multwindow rom, flash my compiled stock kernel (or SkyHigh Kernel):
    View attachment Stock_CRT_P6810_kernel_4_1_2.tar.zip

Credits:
    -Chainfire
    -Morloc2
    -THEDEVIOUS1
    -UpInTheAir
    -yurasik park
    For those wanting to see a custom kernel for this puppy....

Just returned home from 2 months away and have (hopefully) successfully re-setup my build environment. Send ok ATM.

Just complied a test SkyHigh kernel and unsure if it will even boot yet. When have time, Will be flashing the ROM port later today and hopefully the compiled kernel will boot. Fingers crossed :)

Edit: first attempt is bootloop !

Edit 2: going back to ICS to check a try compile to see if it's the build/compile process......

Edit 3: Some partial success. Unfortunately, I haven't yet been able to compile the P6800 v3.8.0 kernel into our P6810 JB port without bootloop. (maybe a mount issue somewhere?). Anyway, just to prove my build envirnoment is sound, I compiled a absolutley stock test kernel from P6800 sources (with bodivas initramfs mount point changes) with SUCCESS. This means that if I can't use my previous P6800 sources, I have to start this kernel development from the beginning. If this is the case, it will take a little time, but you will see a release in a few days time.

Just keep an eye out for a new kernel thread in the development section !

test1_Screenshot_2013-11-09-06-09-24.png

Edit 4
    : Yeah :) Better news !!

Have most of v3.8.0 kenel ported for our P6810 SkyHigh kernel. As I suspected, there is a mount issue in the intramfs, possibly the vold mod??? I can start to narrow things down later. In the meantime, I will re-compile a RC beta very soon. I'm just a bit tired, but my mood is on the upswing ;) The beta will have most of the P6800 options, but exFAT, some tweaking, custom bootanimation & boot sound support etc missing for now.

STAY TUNED !!

Custom Kernel Available

>>> [KERNEL] ROOT [09 Nov] [P6810 JB 4.1.2] SkyHigh Kernel [1.0.0] <<<

Thanks to bodivas for the initramfs mount point suggestion :good:

Still lots to do, and a few bugs to take care. But it's working well !!

Cheers,

UITA
    Yes... The only thing that is still present is the icon to toggle mobile data in the quick settings bar...
    I'm tired of fighting that icon:rolleyes:

I did the firmware deodexed multi windows / languages, after flash (with Odin), in recovery, need to do wipe data / factory reset (added rom in first page)
    Download
    View attachment 2364582View attachment 2364583View attachment 2364584
    Thanks for your work.

But I've noticed something using GSAM Battery Monitor. There seems to be a problem with the phone radio, which shouldnt happen as the p6810 is a Wi-fi only tablet. But does because we are using a rom that was originally intended for the p6800.

Even with the Airplane Mode On, the phone radio was still consuming some battery power. About 10% of the battery drainage was due to that phone radio, according to GSAM battery monitor.

So, for everyone using that rom, i advice you to delete the phone apk that can be found in

preload/symlink/system/app/secphone.apk

After deleting it and rebooting the tablet, that battery waste will be no more.

So hopefully, deleting that apk should increase the battery life of our tablet.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, it will be done .. You must clear in system/app/secphone.apk too (so that annoying icon disappears:victory:)
    Screenshot_2013-10-31-19-05-19.jpg

Will post the new rooted multilanguage firmware UI06 and the Instruction of how to unlock function call for similar japonese Docomo tablet 7.7 SC-01E

Edit: I posted guide how to unlock the ability to make and receive calls for Docomo SC-01E here