Search This thread

karandpr

Senior Mod | DC Lead | MC
Staff member
Feb 20, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi 4a
Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
Hi devs,
since this device has a Scorpion cpu, if you are interested in Linaro GCC toolchains suitable for kernel builds, you may take a look at this thread:
[LINARO GCC] Cross Compiler Toolchains [Linaro GCC 4.6, 4.7, 4.8]

The toolchains are updated monthly and you can find custom toolchains optimized for Cortex-A8 CPU with Neon technology support (like Scorpion cpu) and toolchains for generic Cortex-A cpu and configured with similar settings to those of the latest Linaro toolchains.

Regards.

Some kernels do use linaro and some toolchains can't compile kernel ...

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

Reactions: m0mm0 and Dzol Cp

badcoder

Sep 30, 2014
Is this an updated thread....???????????????

shall I start testing these custom ROM.... (st15i)

Gonna test each ROM for good battery life and smooth and good camera. (the stable one)

Last edited:

karandpr

Senior Mod | DC Lead | MC
Staff member
Feb 20, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi 4a
Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
Last edited:

DeadXperiance

Jun 4, 2014
Mehsana
CM13 installing failed

I have check md5, all match .I followed all step asCM13 wiki
all process of installation is goes true as instruction but at the end I got error

HTML:
Symlink: some symlink failed 
E:Failed to install /sideload packge.zip.
I downloaded rom again and tried but same result.
what is the problem? please friend help me

JOVICAMPEK

Oct 23, 2012
all process of installation is goes true as instruction but at the end I got error

HTML:
This ain't the right place man, go to cm13 thread, it may also have an q&a thread so ask there. This is just an index of the roms available.

badcoder

Sep 30, 2014
whats diff between mesa kernel vs mesa kernel hybrid......?

- does mesa hybrid eat more battery ....?

Last edited:

badcoder

Sep 30, 2014

HTML:

How to check MD5 mate......???? please help:confused:

tylerciggy

Jun 16, 2015
I don't know if it is too much to ask, but can you put a mark on those JB and KitKat Roms that doesn't need a custom Kernel ? Some of us have those phones with unlockable bootloaders and can't flash those sweety-juicy roms :(

I still don't know what kind of rom to flash (Ginger, ICS,JB or Kitkat), Whatsapp is now a pretty heavy app, it feels slow and that's pretty much what I use my Xperia Mini for, to Whatsapp and use the Camera and hear music (it has a pretty decent DAC)

Last edited:

JOVICAMPEK

Oct 23, 2012
I don't know if it is too much to ask, but can you put a mark on those JB and KitKat Roms that doesn't need a custom Kernel ? Some of us have those phones with unlockable bootloaders and can't flash those sweety-juicy roms :(

I still don't know what kind of rom to flash (Ginger, ICS,JB or Kitkat), Whatsapp is now a pretty heavy app, it feels slow and that's pretty much what I use my Xperia Mini for, to Whatsapp and use the Camera and hear music (it has a pretty decent DAC)
There is the stock based roms section, most of them work on locked bootloaders. With a locked bootloader you can only use GB and ICS. If you only install whatsapp both will remain smooth for daily use, use GB if you want a more fluid experience or ICS if you want a better interface and more features. Cheers

tylerciggy

Jun 16, 2015
There is the stock based roms section, most of them work on locked bootloaders. With a locked bootloader you can only use GB and ICS. If you only install whatsapp both will remain smooth for daily use, use GB if you want a more fluid experience or ICS if you want a better interface and more features. Cheers

Thanks for the answer, that explains a lot of things.

By more "fluid" experience, what do you mean ? Because if GB is the fastest, I don't get what is the benefit of ICS.

Top Liked Posts