Bricked Thinkpad Tablet 1 - DO THIS FAST !!!!

Search This thread

martiniturbide

Apr 27, 2011
Hi.

I just noticed this on the Lenovo Forum posted on 2014-02-26:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Thinkpad-Tablet-1-Errors-on-Recovery-Menu/m-p/1459057#M28111%C2%A0

"All,

In recognition of customer loyalty, Lenovo is providing extended coverage for ThinkPad Tablet customers who have experienced a hung boot condition, Unable to “mount a partition” or “failed to mount partition” error conditions that cannot be resolved through use of the reset button (please see hardware maintenance manual) or factory reset proceedure (this will wipe all data). Additional coverage outside of warranty for these symptoms is available through Lenovo service through August 31, 2014. Please contact Lenovo support in your country for assistance.

If you need additional assistance after contacting service, please contact me via PM.

I'm marking this as the official solution to this discussion and closing this discussion.

Thanks
Mark"

Please, if you have a bricked Thinkpad Tablet 1, that can access the Recovery Menu, but that can not recover the image, You need to contact your "Lenovo support in your country for assistance" or if they don't know about this "extended coverage" send a PM to Mark fast through Lenovo's forums. But this "Extended coverage" ends on August 31, 2014.

I hope that it helps to some users that has this tablet bricked.

Regards
Martin

Last edited: