[KERNEL][LOLLIPOP][10.6.A.0.454][ADVANCED STOCK WITH RECOVERY](UB Only)

Search This thread

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
Pure stock kernel for unlocked bootloaders with TWRP 2.8.6.0 recovery.
Created using flashtool and mkbootimg.
Rename odin.img.apk to boot.img and fastboot it to have UB stock kernel with TWRP.
To root, download Chainfires latest flashable zip from Here.
Then reboot and press press volume up when blue LED turns on to enter TWRP recovery, and flash the zip from the stored location.

NOTE: I don't own this device, but based on my work for Yuga, Some ZL users have requested I do the same for Odin.
Please test and report your findings here :good:
View attachment odin.img.apk

jfd8bt.jpg

FLASHABLE ZIP
TWRP 2.8.7.0

Last edited:

gabrielfrias

May 27, 2012
God bless you!
It took two weeks to someone release this, a simple thing that makes a huge difference in our devices. Thanks a lot!
If you want so give me any tip how to do a job like yours, I would try to update the lighting kernel to work on lollipop.

shoey63

Recognized Contributor

That would mean building the LP kernel from sources. This is just stock kernel extracted from kernel.sin, and packed into a boot.img with TWRP recovery added.
If you want to make a custom kernel, go ahead. Just split the boot.img and swap the stock zImage with the custom one.
I won't be building custom kernels for this device. Sorry.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

fjvaz1995

Sep 21, 2013
Vasai
Audio Stuttering

Audio stuttering issues are there after flashing the recovery.
Using music application and viper4android.
Used viper4android before flashing the recovery ,no issues were there till than.
Please find a solution.
Thank You:fingers-crossed:

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
Used viper4android before flashing the recovery ,no issues were there till than.
Please find a solution.

As stated in the op, I don't own the device so I can't replicate the issue. But kernel and ramdisk are pure stock, so I can't understand why the problem exists.

Last edited:

Dead Metal

Mar 7, 2013
You should just stay away from V4A, I tried it out during kitkat, and all it did was make the audio experience worse and crack the speaker and headphones.

Just installed this, fantastic, it works perfectly and I have a recovery again, for some reason android just deleted my last one two weeks ago.

Reactions: shoey63

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
I already have unlocked boot-loader as I already have TWRP installed. So, should I go ahead and flash this file? Will it be good for my mobile?

I am a bit scared as last time also I almost bricked my phone.

You'll be fine. Just make sure you are on 10.6.A.0.454 first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pure stock kernel for unlocked bootloaders with TWRP 2.8.6.0 recovery.
    Created using flashtool and mkbootimg.
    Rename odin.img.apk to boot.img and fastboot it to have UB stock kernel with TWRP.
    To root, download Chainfires latest flashable zip from Here.
    Then reboot and press press volume up when blue LED turns on to enter TWRP recovery, and flash the zip from the stored location.

NOTE: I don't own this device, but based on my work for Yuga, Some ZL users have requested I do the same for Odin.
    Please test and report your findings here :good:
    View attachment odin.img.apk

jfd8bt.jpg

FLASHABLE ZIP
    TWRP 2.8.7.0

That would mean building the LP kernel from sources. This is just stock kernel extracted from kernel.sin, and packed into a boot.img with TWRP recovery added.
    If you want to make a custom kernel, go ahead. Just split the boot.img and swap the stock zImage with the custom one.
    I won't be building custom kernels for this device. Sorry.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app
    A user requested a flashable zip by PM, so here it is.
    View attachment odintwrp.zip
    Please find a solution.

As stated in the op, I don't own the device so I can't replicate the issue. But kernel and ramdisk are pure stock, so I can't understand why the problem exists.