[Q] Flashed an OTA and now I can't boot

Search This thread

AlexRamallo

Dec 22, 2010
Miami
www.snakeinalake.com
I got an OTA update notification a few days back, and without thinking I decided to install it. Stupid decision. I was on a custom rom AND a custom recovery (TWRP). Now, whenever I turn on my phone it will just take me to TWRP recovery. Even if I flash a rom like AOKP or CM, the install will say "successful", but it will still go to recovery instead of the actual operating system when I power on the phone.

My guess is it has something to do with the bootloader, but I'm not too familiar with the way Android devices bootup and whatnot. This is on a D801 (T-Mobile version), and I was running a stock rooted rom with TWRP recovery installed. I'm posting here instead of the T-Mobile subforum because I don't think it's an issue unique to my model.

Since I can load up TWRP just fine, I don't think it should be too catastrophic of an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
I got an OTA update notification a few days back, and without thinking I decided to install it. Stupid decision. I was on a custom rom AND a custom recovery (TWRP). Now, whenever I turn on my phone it will just take me to TWRP recovery. Even if I flash a rom like AOKP or CM, the install will say "successful", but it will still go to recovery instead of the actual operating system when I power on the phone.

My guess is it has something to do with the bootloader, but I'm not too familiar with the way Android devices bootup and whatnot. This is on a D801 (T-Mobile version), and I was running a stock rooted rom with TWRP recovery installed. I'm posting here instead of the T-Mobile subforum because I don't think it's an issue unique to my model.

Since I can load up TWRP just fine, I don't think it should be too catastrophic of an issue.

This might help;

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696

Reactions: AlexRamallo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This might help;

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696