Possible to relocate tablet's rear camera?

Search This thread

openupitsdave

Jul 7, 2016
I would like to take out the rear camera on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and just have it dangling outside the tablet. Is there some kind of camera extension cable that I could buy?

openupitsdave

Jul 7, 2016
I cannot use USB because it's occupied by charger.

I know the camera is easy to remove....its just a matter of extending the cable that connects to it.....if thats possible..........I dont see why it wouldnt be..... Im suprised this thread has no replies actually

Last edited:

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls

I know the camera is easy to remove....its just a matter of extending the cable that connects to it.....if thats possible..........I dont see why it wouldnt be..... Im suprised this thread has no replies actually

Sure anything is possible, without knowing to much about your specific device i will say chances are there is nothing you can buy premade to do this
General instructions to do it would be
Find a suitable place for the camera module
Cut out any needed hole
Find away to afix the module (maybe just adhesive tape)
All that should be easy enough
The hard part will be making a cable that could connect to the oem port the module is in, it may just be easier to hardwire it
This would involve some fairly precise soldering of maybe 22 gauge wire to module and oem port, if you are lucky you may find a harness somewhere that has the right ends and minimal splicing is needed then, but chances are no,
So unless you are willing to do the fine soldering or pay someone to it will be a tricky endeavor

Reactions: openupitsdave

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sure anything is possible, without knowing to much about your specific device i will say chances are there is nothing you can buy premade to do this
    General instructions to do it would be
    Find a suitable place for the camera module
    Cut out any needed hole
    Find away to afix the module (maybe just adhesive tape)
    All that should be easy enough
    The hard part will be making a cable that could connect to the oem port the module is in, it may just be easier to hardwire it
    This would involve some fairly precise soldering of maybe 22 gauge wire to module and oem port, if you are lucky you may find a harness somewhere that has the right ends and minimal splicing is needed then, but chances are no,
    So unless you are willing to do the fine soldering or pay someone to it will be a tricky endeavor