[Guide]Google Play Movies Fix

Search This thread

-Alaa-

Nov 17, 2010
Hello Fellow Xoomers
Well I Dont Know if it has been told or anyone found a solution but after searching i found a solution for the root problem with google play movies
1- Download Voodoo Ota Rootkeeper from Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.otarootkeeper&hl=en
2-Open The App And Allow SU permissions
3-Backup The Root
4-Once Backup is Completed Unroot The Device
5-Open Google play Movies And It should work ( your contry must be supported for rentals)
6- watch and enjoy
7- ps: you can restore and unroot anytime you want and i have tested and can report That it works 100%
8- Dont Forget To Press The Thanks Button if you found this helpful ;)

Reactions: stondec

dellenrules

Mar 22, 2011
"SuperSU"

Once installed you can remove the superuser.apk since that app takes the place of it.

It allows you to temporarily unroot your device very quickly and very easily.

There is a free version on the play store and has more features that the superuser app.

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
Hello Fellow Xoomers
Well I Dont Know if it has been told or anyone found a solution but after searching i found a solution for the root problem with google play movies
1- Download Voodoo Ota Rootkeeper from Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.otarootkeeper&hl=en
3-Backup The Root
5-Open Google play Movies And It should work ( your contry must be supported for rentals)
6- watch and enjoy
7- ps: you can restore and unroot anytime you want and i have tested and can report That it works 100%

All good, however this does not work on Xoom Stingray - ;)

bluh5d

Dec 9, 2010
!Cloud Hack!
Does anyone know where on internal memory if you do use google play movies and download it for offline viewing where it is actually at which directory ? Or its file extension ?

bluh5d

Dec 9, 2010
!Cloud Hack!
Ok I finally figured out where it is stored. So I temp unrooted my phone made purchase and then selected download for offline viewing. So in the directory there is a file

application_4jSa8szMNjs.wvm

so i brought my root back to get into that directory then where i was stumped i figured it would be wmv mp4 3gp or whatever with drm protection but no its wvm I have never heard of wvm. so anyways I moved the wvm file to a different directly. Temporarily unrooted my phone . Then went into the google play movie app and it said that the download was missing. so i know I have the proper file. Now my question is does anyone here know anything about a .wvm file ?

amneris1

Jun 2, 2010
Miami, Florida
Try changing the file extention to .wmv

Ok I finally figured out where it is stored. So I temp unrooted my phone made purchase and then selected download for offline viewing. So in the directory there is a file

application_4jSa8szMNjs.wvm

so i brought my root back to get into that directory then where i was stumped i figured it would be wmv mp4 3gp or whatever with drm protection but no its wvm I have never heard of wvm. so anyways I moved the wvm file to a different directly. Temporarily unrooted my phone . Then went into the google play movie app and it said that the download was missing. so i know I have the proper file. Now my question is does anyone here know anything about a .wvm file ?

Make a copy first then change extension and play in media player.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "SuperSU"

Once installed you can remove the superuser.apk since that app takes the place of it.

It allows you to temporarily unroot your device very quickly and very easily.

There is a free version on the play store and has more features that the superuser app.
    Hello Fellow Xoomers
    3-Backup The Root
    6- watch and enjoy
    Supersu works on Stingray to watch google play movies.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA HD and Team Eos