[ROM][JB][4.1.2]Unofficial ParanoidAndroid 3.00[02.13.13]

Search This thread

camo_flage

Nov 17, 2012
I'm on rogers wireless ( Canadian carrier )

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Yes it does

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda app-developers app

capncark

Jan 17, 2009
Can't seem to get the app layout to work. The slider in the size tab wont move at all. When I touch it the circle "glows" briefly but the slider won't budge. Anyone else have similar issues? BTW Nice build. Smooth as...well, butter!

camo_flage

Nov 17, 2012
I'm having the same exact issue but its not really huge issue

Sent from my Jellybean HTC Raider

capncark

Jan 17, 2009
Are you setting tablet in launch or interface? It will yield two different results. Post a screenshot of the issue so I can compare.

Also..I wonder if capncork is on T-Mobile too? Did you have any trouble with cm10 APN settings?

I'm actually on telus in canada. After manually editing apn by pressing settings softkey data is working fine for me:eek:

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

I noticed the sound and charging led too. The first id have to guess will eventually make it to h8's to do list. The second..what carrier are you on? My att apns are added automatically. And third is weird..but I'm not too worried about that one

On the led subject I also noticed no led when charging until it reaches 16%. Minor issue though.

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Update for .55 and .99 uploading now. Fixes paranoid settings display, sliders, saving, etc. Lol since this is the first time I've used pa I didn't even know it was broke til I saw how it was supposed to be in pacman haha. Crappy DSL upload is crappy though..should be up by 8:00 ET

Last edited:
Reactions: theslam08

capncark

Jan 17, 2009
nice! can't wait to try it when I get home!

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

is it a patch or complete reflash?

camo_flage

Nov 17, 2012
Did this fix the issue where the phone freezes up when you try to uninstall it?

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Can someone report their battery life with this ROM and explain how they got it? Cause I'm not getting very good battery life

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Can someone report their battery life with this ROM and explain how they got it? Cause I'm not getting very good battery life

try to uninstall what and the phone freezes? havent experienced that. as far as battery is concerned, i havent ran it long enough to comment on that. but give it a few full battery cycles and see if it improves

camo_flage

Nov 17, 2012
When you try and uninstall an application from the settings ( navigate to the app and tap on uninstall ) the phone completely freezes up and I have to pull out the battery and reinsert it and turn it back on. The only way I can uninstall is to do it though the play store

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

False alarm just re flashed the ROM and now the problem is gone

capncark

Jan 17, 2009

I have notice some issues with battery drain too. I am on my 3rd charge and have dropped to 60% in about two hours of on/:victory: off reading an ebook.

camo_flage

Nov 17, 2012
Also when I update the ROM to the latest one do I have to wipe everything ( cache, dalvik, data ) or do I just flash it because I'm already on this ROM. Do I have to re-flash the boot.img too?

Last edited:

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Can't seem to get the app layout to work. The slider in the size tab wont move at all. When I touch it the circle "glows" briefly but the slider won't budge. Anyone else have similar issues? BTW Nice build. Smooth as...well, butter!

I'm having the same exact issue but its not really huge issue

This is what the update addressed. Didn't see these posts before.. sorry

nice! can't wait to try it when I get home!

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

is it a patch or complete reflash?
The zip won't wipe data, but the fix was in a .conf file that may create another file on /data/, not 100% sure. So you may need to wipe data previous to flashing. It's always a good idea to do a full wipe anyway.

As for the battery issues..someone is welcome to troubleshoot wakelocks and let me know where theyre coming from and ill see what I can do. Again..dis you notice the same on cm10?

Last edited:

camo_flage

Nov 17, 2012

The zip won't wipe data, but the fix was in a .conf file that may create another file on /data/, not 100% sure. So you may need to wipe data previous to flashing. It's always a good idea to do a full wipe anyway.

Will we need to re-flash the boot.img ( never updated a ROM before still learning the basics )

capncark

Jan 17, 2009

I was more asking because of d/l size. nearimg tje emd of my data cycle and cant download a 200 mb file from work ;)

ess.boyer

Jun 11, 2012
Saint John, NB
Not sure why my usage stats aren't showing up, but heres the typical battery life I've been getting.
uploadfromtaptalk1355027354619.jpg

I would think it would be way way worse if it weren't entering sleep.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda premium

capncark

Jan 17, 2009
Not sure why my usage stats aren't showing up, but heres the typical battery life I've been getting.
View attachment 1548472

I would think it would be way way worse if it weren't entering sleep.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda premium

If you tap on the graph it will show the stats. I would post a screenshot but I already flashed back to elegancia till I get home. Maybe just a bad flash that I wad experiencing. I'll find out when I reflash with the update today :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pa2pluslogolarge.png

ParanoidAndroid 3.00 for the HTC Holiday
    (Vivid, Velocity, and Raider)

If you'd like to use this ROM as a base for a new ROM, please ask me first. Chances are very good I won't care.

This is still JB 4.1.2, since we're still building PA with a CM base. PA's new AOSP 4.2 base appears to be on the same 'jellybean' branch, which is why (I'm assuming) the version still went up to 3.00. I didn't change this, it was built that way from PA source.​

Disclaimer: I do not claim to be a developer... However, by READING, SEARCHING, and TRYING, I've learned some tricks of the trade. One of them has been building from source. All I am doing is putting a few pieces together to make it compile, all the hard work has been done by h8rift and mg2195. Their repos, hard work, and dedication build this ROM - all thanks/credit goes to them as well as the CM and the PA teams. Being that this is built off of h8/mg's trees, any bugs present in the CM10 ROM will be present in this ROM. The box that I compile on is by no means speedy, so updates will come when there are major breakthroughs, as soon as I can get them built. Feel free to post bugs, but please don't expect them to be addressed quickly, especially if it's not on h8's or mg's to-do list - like I said, I'm not a developer, but I will be tinkering – but with 4 kids, a full time job, a house to manage, and a build PC that’s years behind the game, play time comes sparingly. I test these builds on my own device before any release, but I do not claim it will work for everyone. ALWAYS have a nandroid in case of emergencies. I am NOT responsible for bricked devices or catastrophic failure :) Changelog and Screenshots live in the second post. .​

What is it?
    PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT. This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.

pa_perappdpi.png

PER-APP-COLOR Paranoidandroids newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.

pa_perappcolor.png

What works:
    - Mobile Data
    - SMS/MMS
    - Phone
    - GPS
    - Core OS stable
    - WiFi
    - Camera
    - ATT WiFi hotspot (and probably USB tethering as well, haven’t tested) - StraightTalk Hotspot/tethering may be working too. Let me know

What doesn't work:
    - Gallery still hiccups with 720/1080p playback sometimes and tells you it can't play the video. Simply restarting the video once or twice will get it. Also, fast forwarding/rewinding 720/1080 in stock player is glitchy as well.
    - Can't control in call volume and remote party may have a slight echo
    - You tell me

paranoid_instructions.png

Your bootloader must already be unlocked and you must have custom recovery installed (WCX Recovery tested, approved, and recommended)
    • Backup your current ROM
    • Download ROM .zip to your SD Card
    • pa_holiday_unofficial-3.00-13FEB2013
    • Download gapps (20121011) to your SD Card: : Gapps
    • Boot to Recovery: Wipe Data, System, Cache, and Dalvik Cache.
    • Flash ROM from Recovery
    • Flash the Gapps package from recovery
    • Reboot
    • IF YOU ARE S-ON - You will need to fastboot flash the boot.img that’s included in the .zip (I always flash boot.img twice, just to be sure) - Drag boot.img from rom .zip to your fastboot directory, boot to bootloader, select Fastboot, plug in USB cable, and from your fastboot directory run:
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Reboot

paranoid_trouble.png

If you're having a problem and would like to bring it to my attention, you're welcome to do so, but please:
    • Search to make sure it hasn't been addressed
    • Don't sound like my whiny 5 year old
    • Perform a full wipe (data, system, cache, and dalvik) and reflash the ROM. Verify the issue persists before installing any apps or backups
    • Take this work for what it is - and follow h8 and mg's work in the CM thread for progress updates, and give them many praises and thank yous.

paranoid_credits.png

Without these teams/members, this would not be possible. Donations should go their way, if you feel obliged:
    htc-msm8660 git
    ParanoidAndroid git
    ParanoidAndroid merged commits
    My git so you can follow along at home with my amateur moves, however if the changes are proper and I feel worthy, I will ask h8rift if they should be merged. That is up to h8rift and intervigil. In the meantime my git is experimental :)
    Changelog and Screenshots

paranoid_changelog.png

ROM Changelog
    Code:
     - Updated source
     - All other fixes/updates included
      - OC up to 1.72
      - UV to 750mV
      - smartass v2, lagfree, and badass governors
      - BFQ and V(R) IO schedulers
      - External SD USB mount fix
      - h8rift's bluetooth fix (tethering, a2dp, calls, battery drain fix)
      - other stuff I missed

- Updated sources, now should be up to date with CM10 and PACman as far as fixes (bluetooth battery drain when BT
       off, 1080p camera enabled (still some camera issues), CRT Off, etc)

- Thanks to h8rift, we now have bluetooth (connects and pairs, but no a2dp yet), crt off animation, battery stats are 
       available, and USB transfer speeds have been increased.
     - Updated ParanoidAndroid and device source

- Fixed ATT in call mic. Mic may not work on first call, but will work every call after that (even after reboot from my tests) 
       Full wipe DEFINITELY recommended

- Fixed camera viewfinder not refreshing after taking picture, and added full camera fix to full build. Full wipe is recommended.

- Fix for the camera is provided in a flashable .zip. This fix will be included in the next full build

- Fix Paranoid Settings (display, sliders, saves now stick, etc) (12082012)

12.05.12:
     - Maybe StraightTalk Hotspot now as well as ATT for 2.99 (12042012) - let me know

12.04.12:
     - Initial release PA 2.55 (12032012) and 2.99 (12032012)

paranoid_screenshots.png

Screenshot_2012-12-05-09-20-59.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-04-07-17-37.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-08-10-09-15.png

SETTING WORK SPACE MODE​
    pa_htworkspace.png

CHANGING APP LAYOUT AND SIZE​
    pa_htapplayout.png
    So far I flashed this on my Vivid with s-on and it works great! one of the more better jellybean roms. I hope updates keep coming since this is awesome!

I have PA 3.00 built and running with all the latest fixes/updates - but somehow managed to break Paranoid Settings (just crashes when selected). As soon as I figure that out I'll share

Edit: fixed it. New build later tonight or tomorrow
    ATT in call mic fix..

It seems it doesn't initialize with the first call, but each call after that I've tried I've been audible

http://www.mediafire.com/?ko0r125knhppo91

Flashable in recovery for S-Off users, S-On users will need to fastboot flash boot.img that's included after flashing this in recovery.

i know it's not 100%, but closer i guess

I'll have full builds up later today - I'll also address the black screen after/during a call with the full build.