[EFS] EFS backup/restore app for S5 [SM-G900A/F/H/T]

Search This thread

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Hey guys, worst part about samsung devices is always their EFS issues.. my samsung tool app has already gained support for SM-G900A, SM-G900F, SM-G900H, SM-G900T before root and custom roms are available, so first thing is first, root(when available) and backup EFS!
ive kept all downloads and discussion within the original thread here! - SAMSUNG TOOL APP HERE

this was made possible by leoaudio13 dumping his partition table!

Last edited:

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
well you didnt get me the boot/recovery dumps til afterwards. :p

thats because nothing was accessible until after root, dumping system was easy, but any other directory/file on the device wasnt able to be read after until being rooted..
samsung didnt even include tar binary so I dumped over adb, then CF helped root and then we dumped raw images!

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
thats because nothing was accessible until after root, dumping system was easy, but any other directory/file on the device wasnt able to be read after until being rooted..
samsung didnt even include tar binary so I dumped over adb, then CF helped root and then we dumped raw images!

yea system can be gotten with adb pull w/o root.

Check hangouts, got 2 imgs for yall to test. ;)

thehacker911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2013
Gangkofen
Google Pixel 7 Pro
LTE devices have a QualcommChip, where everything is stored in the nvRAM, the EFS includes only files that have nothing but absolutely nothing to do with the IMEI.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Offica

Jul 26, 2012
I backed up my EFS to internal storage but cant find it don't see no /data/media/SamsungTool/ (using EFS file explorer) just want to save a copy to the PC. What's the exact name of the backed up file so i can use the search feature? cheers.

Last edited:

curioct

Jan 12, 2011
you can still simply create a copy right?

I have always had rooted phones and my SGS 5 is no exception, it got rooted using CFroot in the carpark immediately on picking it up.

I have therefore always simply made a copy of the efs folder on to the external sd card which is then synced to my dropbox.

However I have not really kept up to date with developments in these areas, so my question is nowadays is this still enough to ensure the safety of my device and it's ability to connect to my carrier. In the past when I have had issues after flashing roms and things simply deleting the /efs folder and copying the contents of my back up into it and rebooting has always been sufficient to get my carrier back up and running is this still the case with the international SGS5 qualcomm variant or do I need to consider other elements?

xazilizax

Sep 1, 2011
When will it work for SM-G900V? I just rooted my phone today and would like to use this for my backups. I just tried it by using EFS backup and now it's stuck on a triangle with an exclamation mark that says Please Wait. Ugh! Help...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts