indrabinridwan

Jul 15, 2015
Failed install BBQscreen Client linux on ubuntu 14.04 64 bit

How to fix???

Code:
indra@linux:~/client_linux_x86_2.2.0$ ls
BBQScreenClient2  prebuilts  README
indra@linux:~/client_linux_x86_2.2.0$ ./BBQScreenClient2
./BBQScreenClient2: error while loading shared libraries: libavutil.so.52: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
indra@linux:~/client_linux_x86_2.2.0$

isaaclw

Jul 16, 2015
I just purchased this android application, and I can't get the program to work in ubuntu 14.04 64bit (amd64).

Code:
bbq$ ./BBQScreenClient2 
./BBQScreenClient2: error while loading shared libraries: libavcodec.so.55: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried installing the ie386 packages, and had no luck. I guess I might try compiling, though if someone has already compiled a version for 64bit, that would be much easier.

Edit: the way I got past the libavutil52 was by installing the i386 package for that file:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libavutil52:i386
But when I install the package for libavcodec54:i386 (which is the wrong version I guess) I get this:
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libavcodec54 : Depends: libopus0 (>= 1.0.3) but it is not going to be installed
 libavcodec54:i386 : Depends: libvpx1:i386 (>= 1.0.0) but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libx264-142:i386 but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
And it seems un resolvable.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Compiling went pretty well, I installed these packages:
Code:
sudo apt-get install qt5-default qtdeclarative5-dev \ # because of  https: //askubuntu.com/questions/508503/whats-the-development-package-for-qt5-in-14-04
qtmultimedia5-dev \ # to solve an the multimedia problem (Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: multimedia)
libqt5opengl5-dev \ # to solve the OpenGL issue (ShrinkableQLabel.cpp:6:30: fatal error: QtOpenGL/QGLWidget: No such file or directory)

Now the crash is related to linking swresample, and I can't find the package:
Code:
g++ -m64 -o Linux/BBQScreenClient2 debug/main.o debug/mainwindow.o debug/screenform.o debug/QStreamDecoder.o debug/stdafx.o debug/ShrinkableQLabel.o debug/qrc_mainwindow.o debug/moc_screenform.o debug/moc_mainwindow.o debug/moc_QStreamDecoder.o debug/moc_ShrinkableQLabel.o   -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -L/usr/local/lib -lavutil -lavcodec -lavformat -lswscale -lswresample -lz -lQt5OpenGL -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lQt5Multimedia -lQt5Widgets -lQt5Network -lQt5Gui -lQt5Core -lGL -lpthread 
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lswresample
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Linux/BBQScreenClient2] Error 1
I searched for the swresample package, and haven't found anything. It seems to point to ffmpeg... I tried installing the ffmpeg repository and found a few promising packages, but none of them have worked so far.
https: //launchpad.net/~mc3man/+archive/ubuntu/trusty-media

Last edited:

padde0711

Jul 10, 2009
I just purchased this android application, and I can't get the program to work in ubuntu 14.04 64bit (amd64).

Code:
bbq$ ./BBQScreenClient2 
./BBQScreenClient2: error while loading shared libraries: libavcodec.so.55: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have the same problem, "./BBQScreenClient2: error while loading shared libraries: libavutil.so.52: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

I guess my Linux distribution's ffmpeg version is too new. Please release a BBQScreenClient version for Linux that works with current ffmpeg.

manggagalugad

Jul 11, 2011
mattlebrun.com
Just purchased and using it on my Nexus 5 with client on a Windows 10 32bit laptop. I've noticed that the mouse clicks aren't accurate. When I click on a button, it triggers a different button. Any ideas why this is?

virtualista

Sep 19, 2012
:(

hi!
i just installed the client, and i got a d802 non rooted phone.
first, i dont have ip address shown by the app.
if i click on the start usb service, it is just "blinking" Start... Starting.. Start.. Starting... and then a 20 times crash.. blabla..
same on connect via usb. black screen comes up. "connected, loading first frame"... "connecting" ... "connected, loading first frame"... "connecting"... thats it.
2 more thing. on every client running a warning comes up with the new version is avai.. ?!?! i just installed it from the site... and after the "20 times crash..." the bbq.exe has stopped working..

shqu@tibco.com

Dec 14, 2015
Doesn't work on MAC 10.10.5

I'm not rooted, tried connect as USB, but got following error, my android device is Nexus 6P,

"It appears that the streaming process has crashed over 20 times, Please check the debug log window and send a screenshot to the support"

the error log,

CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android8AMessageC1Eji" referenced by "/data/local/tmp/bbqscreen"...
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android8AMessageC1Eji" referenced by "/data/local/tmp/bbqscreen"...

Reactions: jantumoonbeam

swgr

May 20, 2010
I'm not rooted, tried connect as USB, but got following error, my android device is Nexus 6P,

"It appears that the streaming process has crashed over 20 times, Please check the debug log window and send a screenshot to the support"

the error log,

I have the same error log here for my rooted Nexus 5 (hammerhead) on Android 6.0.1 (MMB29S), running BBQScreen v2.3.3 with windows client v2.3.1.
It's worth noting that BBQScreen works fine when I was on Android 5.1.1 (LMY48I). There must be some unresolved compatibility issue.

Please help, thanks!

shqu@tibco.com

Dec 14, 2015
WARNING: linker:
/data/local/tmp/bbqscreen has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE: can't protect segments for "/data/local/tmp/bbqscreen": Permission denied

shqu@tibco.com

Dec 14, 2015
this doesn't work

I post the problem several weeks ago, but no response, I think it doesn't work on Nexus 6P at all.
But fortunately I found a application called "Relector 2", which works fine both let you mirror you iphone or android devices to you laptop, and don't need app install on you phone, just install on the computer. Works fine for my iphone 6, and nexus 6p.

aloivera74

Feb 5, 2016
USB/Wifi Thetering not working

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900

WIn 7 64bit

how to connect through USB ???? :confused:

USB and Wifi Thetering not working :mad:

Last edited:

malachy33

Oct 21, 2013
Hi,

On Arch :

gabx@hortensia ¤➤ ~ % BBQScreenClient
BBQScreenClient: error while loading shared libraries: libavutil.so.52: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

gabx@hortensia ¤➤ ~ % ls /usr/lib
libavutil.so@
libavutil.so.52@
libavutil.so.52.48.101*

gabx@hortensia ¤➤ ~ % pacman -Q | grep ffmpeg
88:ffmpeg 1:2.1.1-3

gabx@hortensia ¤➤ ~ % which BBQScreenClient
/usr/bin/BBQScreenClient

What's wrong ? libav* are in the ffmpeg package and already installed.

TY for help

All these library issues on linux people are reporting are caused by the fact that the binary is statically linked to a specific version of the libs using i386 arch. If your system is not i386 (Or x86_64 and has the i386 versions installed) and by some stroke of luck contains the right versions of all the libs the binary uses....you will get errors and the client will not run. The proper way to release linux software is to build packages for specific distributions that you wish to support rather than compile statically against the arbitrary libs installed on a single system and expect the user to go hunt down/install those libs/versions. The other option is to include the needed libs in a generic distribution package (Which is a bad idea for a number of reasons). If the developer would like help with building for different distros, I am an experienced Systems Engineer with access to multiple systems running different distros/archs. I would be happy to help with making you some distribution packages for several of the popular distros out there....just give me a PM.

PA999

Jun 28, 2016
Help!
My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 does connedt to the PC, however I can see only a black screen, no tablet content.
BBQScreen support does not answer my mail, can anybody help me please??
Thank you!
PA

aloivera74

Feb 5, 2016
hi

how to connect the phone (android)
via bluetooth?

please give an answer to mail (aloivera74@gmail.com)

Last edited:

wbazeley

Nov 14, 2016
Cannot connect

I cannot get the app to work. Although I click USB my mobile just shows a message that it is not rooted which is why I selected USB. The client app on the desk top keeps saying the processed crashed over 20 times. Need help!!

LupineDream

Sep 6, 2010
Kersey
Support Request (Paid Version, Google Play) - Bug Report

Bug capture: http://pastebin.com/exFxkAsY
Attachment 1 - Debug Log
Attachment 2 - Error message
Attachment 3 - Aesthetic bug

Attachments

• ScreenShot_20170216224247.png
    ScreenShot_20170216224247.png
    211 KB · Views: 105
  • ScreenShot_20170216223730.png
    ScreenShot_20170216223730.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 103
  • ScreenShot_20170216232018.png
    ScreenShot_20170216232018.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 105

w4rlord

Mar 19, 2017
I hv problem. i got "error : only position independent executable (PIE) are supported". What its meaning? i try everything, still not working.
p/s : lenovo vibe c (non-rooted)

freelsjd

Jan 17, 2018
not running here

Hello. I have installed this product (BBQ Screen v2..3.3) purchased through Google Play. I have tried running on Windows-10, and Linux/Debian/Stable/Stretch/9. Both install without error. However, both also fail upon execution with missing runtime libraries. I have tried for technical support and get no response. I am about to rate this product lowly and ask for a refund. But, before I do, I would like to see if their is a solution through this forum. I should also add that both are 64-bit OS. Can you even purchase a 32-bit anymore ? It appears from the comments in this forum that this may be the problem. This app apparently will only work on 32-bit machines ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kvrWpGURFKNsxhvD1BE14hpGJXuSdh8CEL8AvPOZqN4prDEl91h3Sn_8e_6eJdFo5cKH=w124

BBQScreen lets you see your Android device's screen on your computer at fullspeed.

Unlike many Phone-to-PC screen sharing app, BBQScreen lets you see your device's screen in realtime and at a high framerate. It's super easy to setup, and can work through Wi-Fi, USB Tethering, or even Bluetooth tethering (best experienced with Wi-Fi or USB Tethering).
    Get and install this app on your Android device, and get the latest client app on your computer at http://screen.bbqdroid.org. You just have to enter your device's IP address, and it's working immediately.

See it on the Play Store

W1i7jluoXgSwxKadHzLoW0T_Lvr0pr26ak-GL9ewqJvdh-mJNruOhVZoE89PU065imkU
    Sorry for the late reply.

1) Sorry, my derp for the x86 client. I'll fix that asap.
    2) Seems like there is a bug with stock 4.2 phones, I'm going to investigate. If you run CyanogenMod, it works fine.
    3) We used a different method of slicing the data in 1.5 update, that could induce some tearing at high scale. However, at 50% scale the previous method is still used.
    4) We are aware of orientation issues on some devices, and we'll offer an option to workaround it for the devices not behaving properly.
    5) We will offer an update shortly with yet another streaming method. Right now we're broadcasting JPEG over UDP. It seems like UDP is a problem for some people not being able to connect, and UDP introduces the tearing issue I talked above due to the slicing. I've been taking a closer look at Miracast, and I have a running host and client app here on my Nexus 4 with a much better image and way smoother rendering, even at high scale (I get a clean image at ~20 FPS at 100% scale, and a regulated 25FPS (artificial limit) at 75%). We also switched to TCP to prevent connection issues that could occur in the past. We're going to run some tests on the different test devices we have, and push it asap.

Thanks for your patience, and understand that we're constantly working on improving it. This new Miracast-like broadcasting method is the best we can achieve with the current technologies and hardware limitations, and we cross our fingers to hope that it will work fine for everyone. Be assured that we'll keep on improving the app, eventually get back our previous jpeg method as a fallback if some devices aren't capable of broadcasting properly the frames with our new method.

If we're 100% sure it works fine, we'll add other elements such as remote control, audio, recording, and much more.

Thanks again for your patience.
    Maybe you need a free test app so people can ensure it works with their devices first :good:
    Ok, some big news guys:
    - The new version takes quite a lot of time, but I'm putting a lot of work into it.
    - I'm using the new Android 4.3 and 4.4 APIs for screen recording and streaming, providing a super smooth and fast streaming, with a very low CPU usage and a much better quality.
    - I'm simplifying the connection process, allowing your device to be "announced" on your network, and thus not having to type in the IP every time.
    - The remote input will also be greatly improved compared to previously.

I hope to finish this new version by the end of the week... hopefully.
    Will the Linux server work under Raspbian for Raspberry Pi, or as it will be only X86 processor and no ARM support?

There is no linux server, as the server runs on the phone (so it's ARM). As for the client (app that displays the phone's screen), there will be an Android client.

We're almost done with our new update.