[Q] How to know if a new official firmware is released

Search This thread

easlei

Dec 20, 2013
Hi,
I'm kind of lost right now, there's an update 14.2.A.1.136, that started rolling out in 30/01/2014, but until now my phone still on 14.2.A.0.290.
I just want to know if there's a way to test if an update is available in my country or not.

Second question is, if i root my phone, i can have the official updates ?

easlei

Dec 20, 2013
Well, that was an obvious answer, that's the main problem, pc companion doesn't show that i can update, i tried sony update service, but nothing.

It wasn't my question, i asked about the availability of the update in my country.

Lord Takyon

Jul 26, 2010
You didn't say where you are for starters mate.

Just use flashtool.

Sent from my Z1 via transwarp conduit.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Well, that was an obvious answer, that's the main problem, pc companion doesn't show that i can update, i tried sony update service, but nothing.

It wasn't my question, i asked about the availability of the update in my country.

It was an obvious answer because it the correct answer. If PCCompanion does not give you an update then your country/carrier has not received the update yet.

"How to know if a new official firmware is released?" The answer is, you see it on PCCompanion.

augie7107

Mar 18, 2009
Boston
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Not always. Try PC companion, SUS and ota. I have run into instances where PC companion shows nothing but SUS updates the device.

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cippi21

Nov 24, 2011
mullingar
Look for a windows program called xperia update checker a dev on xda created it just Google it you should find it pretty quick...it checks if the update is available for your carrier it will save you checking Pc companion and the rest

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

easlei

Dec 20, 2013
Look for a windows program called xperia update checker a dev on xda created it just Google it you should find it pretty quick...it checks if the update is available for your carrier it will save you checking Pc companion and the rest

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Many many thanks !!!! this is the answer i wanted, btw, no carrier here (Morocco) has the Xperia Z1, a friend of mine bough it, all i remember is that it had a lot of vodafone stuff in it, but it did updates until the 14.2.A.0.290, so i guess it's related to its origin country.