[Q] No sound in phone calls.

Search This thread

chaotix000

Jul 23, 2012
California
Samsung Galaxy S21+
I can make and receive calls but I can't hear anything and the person on the other end can't hear me. I Jude updated profile and did PRL from settings. I flashed the 1.01.20.0515 radios as that's what I found a while back and still nothing. This is what I'm currently running. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418248850798.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418248850798.png
    106 KB · Views: 188

Jon.StatiK

Feb 9, 2010
I'm having the same issue. What ROM are you running and have you tried a new rom? - Nevermind, I just saw your picture. Same thing as me.
I just updated firmware and still have zero sound input/output during calls.
Running latest Viper Rom.
Gonna try newest TN GPE rom so ill report back.

Jon.StatiK

Feb 9, 2010
I flashed a new rom and all is well. Must be something with Viper.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

chaotix000

Jul 23, 2012
California
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Did what I suggested a few posts back not resolve the issue? My call audio has been fine since yesterday morning, after it not working at all for about a week.

Sent from my kangaroo powered Inverted ViperONE using Tapatalk 2

Nope...I cleared dalvik and cache and still nothing. I'm trying the CM12 build right now.

EDIT: And now calling works just fine with a different ROM. What's the deal with that?

JoeNeckbone

Sep 22, 2011
NYC
Nope...I cleared dalvik and cache and still nothing. I'm trying the CM12 build right now.

EDIT: And now calling works just fine with a different ROM. What's the deal with that?

What version of Google play services you on?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418435359186.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418435359186.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 103

Jon.StatiK

Feb 9, 2010
How could Google play services affect our ability to send/receive call audio?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

JoeNeckbone

Sep 22, 2011
NYC
I faced the same problem.That Playstore fix didn't help me& i've found this simple fix.Just flash latest firmware & that's all.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658910

Just flash Modified Firmware w/ Radio....removed hboot, boot, recovery (fastboot flashable)

I have been on latest firmware/radios for months and problem started last week or so for me. It has been fixed for me since Thursday morning so far.

majj311

May 9, 2011
HTC support resolved

Hi. Same problem last week. Htc support had me do some stuff but phone audio was fixed after uninstalling skype. He said to uninstall all messeging programs but i did skype since that was the latest update. It was working for a few days without issue but broke today. Not sure which app with audio capabilities updated and broke phone audio again. Trying to uninstall other programs. No luck so far.

majj311

May 9, 2011
update...uninstalling apps with call capabilities didn't work. but i uninstalled htc update from last thursday as some have suggested and that worked.

JoeNeckbone

Sep 22, 2011
NYC
After a few days of calls working with just wiping dalvik/cache it stopped working.... Did the disable service fix and calls working again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Posted a fix here. It's a temp fix until something official comes along, but it works and it doesn't break anything else.