FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.02] DSLR Controller v1.05

11,421 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,219

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th August 2011, 01:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2013, 02:47 PM |#2281  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
telsao ASSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by themanwithnoname

Works great on my Asus Transformer Prime TF201 with keyboard+EOS 50D

Just that I cant find the taken photos on my Prime?

The photo's are on the camera not your tablet the images you see being transferred are not copied there the data is copied just for viewing. I think Chainfire is planning in the next update for images to be able to be transferred to the tablet or connected usb drives, so we will have to wait and see.

so just to confirm the images currently are kept on your camera memory card.
25th January 2013, 10:29 PM |#2282  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Anyone here using focus bracketing for focus stacking in macro photography? Need some pointers, thanks.
26th January 2013, 03:16 PM |#2283  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Hi, I've just tried Remote Release with my Asus Transformer Prime (running CM10, not stock), and a Canon 1100d, but no luck.

I've followed the instructions, tablet is rooted, camera is plugged into USB on the dock, switch camera on and half press the shutter release, but nothing.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: nevermind, USB cable was dodgy, used another and its working fine. Thanks
29th January 2013, 12:40 AM |#2284  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not working with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 {HELP}
Hello everyone, so recently I installed DSLR Controller on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, its not rooted and I have two camera's a 5D Mark 3 and a 60D. So after installing I tried to use it with both of my camera's but it does not seem to work. It's stuck on searching for device. And when it does find the device, on the top corner it says camera device connected but in the app there are no controls. Its all black basically and it just freezes and crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it countless times but it does not seem to fix the situation. I am using a proper cable to connect the phone to my camera but it still does not work. I've tried different free apps to like Remote Release and RYC USB Lite which also does not seem to work. Can any one of you please help me set it up with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

The model number is SGH-T889V and the android version is 4.1.1
29th January 2013, 04:23 AM |#2285  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Re: [Android 2.3.1/3.x/4.x][27.09.2012] DSLR Controller v0.96.0 BETA [USB HOST REQUIR
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice11

Hello everyone, so recently I installed DSLR Controller on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, its not rooted and I have two camera's a 5D Mark 3 and a 60D. So after installing I tried to use it with both of my camera's but it does not seem to work. It's stuck on searching for device. And when it does find the device, on the top corner it says camera device connected but in the app there are no controls. Its all black basically and it just freezes and crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it countless times but it does not seem to fix the situation. I am using a proper cable to connect the phone to my camera but it still does not work. I've tried different free apps to like Remote Release and RYC USB Lite which also does not seem to work. Can any one of you please help me set it up with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

The model number is SGH-T889V and the android version is 4.1.1

What do you mean by proper cable? 95%of the time the program does not work on a device which should be supported, it is the fault of the cable. Even if the cable works in every other situation, this does not mean it is proper. Try a couple different cables, both usb and OTG. I have had both cause problems.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
30th January 2013, 01:46 AM |#2286  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Big thank you from me for a great app. I was initially worried right after purchase because I already had everything hooked up during installation (after testing with remote release) and it wouldn't work. But after reconnecting the cable to my tablet it worked great.
I'm sad my phone doesnt work with your app (aldi phone ) but I was pleased to see that the passthrough works on ANY android machine that's fit-enough to run the program. So right now I can leave the tablet at the camera and control the camera from 'far away' with the telephone (would've preferred it the other way around)

Looking forward to updates!
30th January 2013, 05:52 AM |#2287  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellrb19

What do you mean by proper cable? 95%of the time the program does not work on a device which should be supported, it is the fault of the cable. Even if the cable works in every other situation, this does not mean it is proper. Try a couple different cables, both usb and OTG. I have had both cause problems.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Yeah, I only have one cable which I ordered from eBay, anyways I did a full factory reset on the phone and even rooted it to see if that will help but still, its the same problem. I found this other app that works with my phone.. forgot the name but with the cable I can control my camera. So Chainfire if your reading this please help me solve this issue. I think its a software problem? Also it does say on the top left that camera device connected so a faulty cable couldn't be the problem? If its a cable problem I guess I will have to order another one which take like 1-2 weeks to get... :/ Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
30th January 2013, 01:49 PM |#2288  

More
samsung galaxy tab 2
Dslr used to work fine with my Galaxy Tab2 and my 40D ... but now I get No camera connected... have tried 2 different leads
Any ideas

SORTED .... tried third cable and worked OK
2nd February 2013, 07:01 AM |#2289  

More
not seeing all images in image review
Sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn't seem to search this topic. I have the app working with my Canon 5D Mark 3 and Galaxy Tab 2, but the issue I'm having is that I couldn't see all my images from my memory card in image review. I couldn't figure it out. It looks like I cannot see the images from the image review, if I take those images using Live View or via using DSLR controller app. Is this a limitation of the app? I can see all images from the camera itself, but not in the app. Any help is greatly appreciated.
2nd February 2013, 09:26 AM |#2290  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bqtlee

Sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn't seem to search this topic. I have the app working with my Canon 5D Mark 3 and Galaxy Tab 2, but the issue I'm having is that I couldn't see all my images from my memory card in image review. I couldn't figure it out. It looks like I cannot see the images from the image review, if I take those images using Live View or via using DSLR controller app. Is this a limitation of the app? I can see all images from the camera itself, but not in the app. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Found the issue. Since there are 2 memory cards (CF and SD), the app loads the pics from SD first and then CF (not sure whether the app uses the filenames to sort or the SD will always be loaded first). The current settings is to store pics taken into CF which is why I don't see the latest images at the top of the image review in the app.
3rd February 2013, 03:52 AM |#2291  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
EOS 6D + Galaxy Tab 10.1 (CM 10.1)
I got my new 6D yesterday and today i had a little time to try the camera with DSLR Controller.

It all works fine (i had to disable the silent mode for the studio flash).

Thanks for this great app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)