FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.02] DSLR Controller v1.05

11,421 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,219

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th August 2011, 01:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th August 2013, 07:33 AM |#2761  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy-h

I have an HTC One. As you might already know, the stock (with Sense) ROM doesn't work because HTC have a USB Host whitelist that prevents the camera from being seen. There are custom kernels that remove this whitelist and DSLR Controller works fine with those. But to address your actual question, yes I've fully converted my phone over to the Google Edition 4.3 ROM and that also works without a hitch so I'm not sure why yours doesn't. Are you certain you have good cables? Do other USB devices work? Have you tried the USB Host Diagnostics app?

Teamseven have custom kernels in the Original Android Development section of the HTC One forum which work perfectly with DSLR Controller. There is one kernel for Sense based ROMs and another for Google Edition ROMs. Been using DSLR Controller with my One all day today, I'm running ARHD 12.1 ROM. Just flash the teamseven kernel for your ROM type, and you're good to go!
14th August 2013, 11:03 AM |#2762  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfl

Sorry you have had issues, but I have been running DLSRC on a rooted Xoom for 2 Years. Been on EOS roms since I got my Xoom in 2011. I have been on HC, GB, ICS and JB through 4.2.2. All have worked perfectlly.

Now I am tempted to root again.

What model Xoom do you have? Mine is a 3g mz601.

I was running eos nightlies 170.

Which rom are you using?

Now I want to get back to rooted!
16th August 2013, 01:48 AM |#2763  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otarinz

Teamseven have custom kernels in the Original Android Development section of the HTC One forum which work perfectly with DSLR Controller. There is one kernel for Sense based ROMs and another for Google Edition ROMs. Been using DSLR Controller with my One all day today, I'm running ARHD 12.1 ROM. Just flash the teamseven kernel for your ROM type, and you're good to go!

Yes, the Sense ROM limitation and fix is well understood. DSLR Controller works fine on the *stock* GE ROM too. My point was that your options are (a) custom kernel on Sense, or (b) stock GE 4.3. You do NOT need a custom kernel on GE for full USB Host support.
16th August 2013, 10:12 PM |#2764  
Thanks Meter: 1,675

Donate to Me
More
Hi,

please add a second shot button with programmable feature, for example hdr bracketing.

Now programmed bracketing is possible without open various menus.

cheers

starbase64
17th August 2013, 06:57 AM |#2765  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munecito

Now I am tempted to root again.

What model Xoom do you have? Mine is a 3g mz601.

I was running eos nightlies 170.

Which rom are you using?

Now I want to get back to rooted!

My specs are in my sig, but I am on a wifi only.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to gadgetfl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gadgetfl Ad-Free
17th August 2013, 09:03 AM |#2766  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Looks good. Just want to try it.
23rd August 2013, 02:10 PM |#2767  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The new wifi via CX-919 might open up more supported devices. If I'm not wrong, the HTC Sensation doesn't have USB-Host. Which makes this one useless... Unless... What will happen if we use the new CX-919? Is it then posible it just works?

regards, Marc
23rd August 2013, 04:15 PM |#2768  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nexus 7 (2013) connectivity problems
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought the new Nexus 7 (2013) to use as a field monitor for my Canon 5D mark II.
But after installing the program and getting the right cables, I'm having connectivity problems.

When booting the program it gives me the following error:
"Could not find a compatible camera on either Wi-Fi or USB[.....]".
My camera is on and not in sleep mode. All cables are new (I've also checked different cables) and connected propperly.
Even after rebooting both camera and N7, this error reoccurs.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? (Is this program compatible with the new Nexus 7?)

In short:
Canon 5D mark II (Firmware version 2.0.4)
Nexus 7, 2013 (Android version 4.3)
All new cables.

Kind regards,

Kay

P.S. please excuse any bad grammar. English is not my first language.
24th August 2013, 02:25 PM |#2769  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruithofm

The new wifi via CX-919 might open up more supported devices. If I'm not wrong, the HTC Sensation doesn't have USB-Host. Which makes this one useless... Unless... What will happen if we use the new CX-919? Is it then posible it just works?

regards, Marc

...might open up more unsupported devices. With the CX-919 attached to the camera you can use an other Android device that native does not support the USB connection to the camera.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayConstandse

Hello everyone,

I have recently bought the new Nexus 7 (2013) to use as a field monitor for my Canon 5D mark II.
But after installing the program and getting the right cables, I'm having connectivity problems.

When booting the program it gives me the following error:
"Could not find a compatible camera on either Wi-Fi or USB[.....]".
My camera is on and not in sleep mode. All cables are new (I've also checked different cables) and connected propperly.
Even after rebooting both camera and N7, this error reoccurs.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? (Is this program compatible with the new Nexus 7?)

In short:
Canon 5D mark II (Firmware version 2.0.4)
Nexus 7, 2013 (Android version 4.3)
All new cables.

Kind regards,

Kay

P.S. please excuse any bad grammar. English is not my first language.

Your English excellent. You are doing noting wrong and the new Nexus 7 seems not to support direct connection to a camera on the moment and lets hope that will change in the near future.

In the meantime you could use the Wifi solution for non supported Android devices. With a CX-919 attached to the camera you can use an other Android device which connect through Wifi to the CX-919.
26th August 2013, 12:54 PM |#2770  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 461

More
Sorry if it has been discussed before, didnt have time to read through all those pages since I am at work right now.

I am pretty new to DSLR photography and own a Canon EOS 450D (pretty good starter cam!). My phone is a HTC One with the most recent Sense leak based on 4.3 which fully supports USB OTG (finally!).

I saw that the EOS 450D is marked as "works 'ok'". I understand that it could be limited due to the os running on the 450D. But can anyone tell me what exactly is the limited functionality of the 450D in combination with this app?

I just wanna know how far I can push the App - Smartphone - Cam combination before I go ahead and buy this brilliant piece of software.
26th August 2013, 01:31 PM |#2771  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Just stopping by to say thanks...Got my 60D last weekend as a replacement for my old, worn 350D.
I started making macrophotos at home from my laptop which is awesome, but i had no idea this would be possible from my tablet as well.. but then i came across this...and it works flawelessly on my Nexus 10! Using that ultra sharp high res display for taking pics is just amazing
and i must admit i am giggling to my apple fanboy colleague here - who frantically began searching for something like this on his iPad...doesn't exist!
So once again android wins
Best 7 euros ever spent!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)