iPega Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 Game Controller

Search This thread
iPega Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 Game Controller came today off ebay half the price of others :victory: was going to use it with my android phone
it also works with most phones with bluetooth and came with no drivers or software to install so easy to use :p or it should have been with the
four modes it has icade, keyboard, mouse andjoy sticks :good: charged fine inless then 30 mins :D
i got this one as it holds the phone even with my phone cover on it as removing it every time i use the pad would be a pain :rolleyes:
so ive tryed it out on mame emu and a few games and changed all the keys to the buttons on the pad .
The dpad worked fine so did the joy sticks but wont see the X A B Y buttons or the L1 R1 buttons in any of the modes also tryed it on the
games ipega list no joy :crying:
the phone see the bluetooth pad fine and see the button presses fine as well ive looked online for software to help with the pad but no joy :p
im sure the problem will be sorted soon by some one soon...:eek:
ive tryed it with a few of the bluetooth pad setup tools most dont see it or not setup for it yet :fingers-crossed:
any push with any ideas how to sort this would help...
ive got three you tube videos showing it just look for Ipega Bluetooth controller game pad and yes im welsh...:D

Jan 23, 2010
hi

thanks to Patrick Mccoy who has sort out the problem its working fine for now ( until some real drivers come out ) and its a very good pad for the money cheers mate heres his you tube link just look for his name ..

hey am thinking of ordering the controller myself, can you give me updates or something? besides the emus, how does it work out of the box?? is it worth it???, thanks

strikeruy

Apr 14, 2009
hey am thinking of ordering the controller myself, can you give me updates or something? besides the emus, how does it work out of the box?? is it worth it???, thanks

+1

An Ebay sellers says:

Note:The compatibility problem exist on the part of the game of android 4.0 System . It is recommended to use the stable version of the system.

I've an Galaxy S3 with android 4.1.1 :(

Jan 23, 2010
there a video on youtube thats shows that with gametel app it should work fine in 4+ but thats probably only the dpad i assume

clownstyle

Apr 23, 2005
Yeah got one of these myself the other day (Galaxy S3 LTE). Great for emulators, seems to work fine with MD.Emu.

Confusing problem with GTA: Vice City though.

I had the controller working fine with it then all of a sudden it's just stopped working, now just the movement keys (DPad and Analogue) working :(

It would be nice to have a confirmed list of working games with this controller though, out of the box.

(Set to Joystick Mode)
I have MD.Emu
Sonic 4 episode 1
Dead Trigger

All working fine.

I have been messing with Game Keyboard, an app where you can assign buttons to on screen key presses, not had much luck though it's quite frustrating!

Anyone else have experience with this app?

Last edited:

10basetom

Nov 6, 2006
www.tohodo.com
Could someone please elaborate on how the D-pad, L/R buttons, and A/B/X/Y buttons actually feel? How do they compare to the PSP, Xperia Play, or JXD S602 controls?

I'm also afraid of latency since this is a Bluetooth controller -- are the controls super responsive, or do you feel some lag?

clownstyle

Apr 23, 2005
Could someone please elaborate on how the D-pad, L/R buttons, and A/B/X/Y buttons actually feel? How do they compare to the PSP, Xperia Play, or JXD S602 controls?

I'm also afraid of latency since this is a Bluetooth controller -- are the controls super responsive, or do you feel some lag?

D pad feels fine, so do the other buttons. I haven't noticed any lag at all.

Only thing that lets this controller down is the analogue sticks, they work... but don't feel great. I could play dead trigger... Just!

Right the dpad and keys all feel like an old nitendo pad and the joy sticks are ok nothing like xbox or playstation 2-3 controller but well worth £15 on amazon :) and yes a bit of lag but thats down to using drivers not made for it and you soon get used to the lag and adjust...

Last edited:

P0ll0L0c0

Jun 6, 2008
Yeah got one of these myself the other day (Galaxy S3 LTE). Great for emulators, seems to work fine with MD.Emu.

Confusing problem with GTA: Vice City though.

I had the controller working fine with it then all of a sudden it's just stopped working, now just the movement keys (DPad and Analogue) working :(

It would be nice to have a confirmed list of working games with this controller though, out of the box.

(Set to Joystick Mode)
I have MD.Emu
Sonic 4 episode 1
Dead Trigger

All working fine.

I have been messing with Game Keyboard, an app where you can assign buttons to on screen key presses, not had much luck though it's quite frustrating!

Anyone else have experience with this app?

I have the same phone and the same gamepad. So at one time, vice city worked with this gamepad? That's been my only disappointment. I'm guessing a vice city update caused the problems. I've only ever been able to get the analogs to work.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Right the dpad and keys all feel like an old nitendo pad and the joy sticks are ok nothing like xbox or playstation 2-3 controller but well worth £15 on amazon :) and yes a bit of lag but thats down to using drivers not made for it and you soon get used to the lag and adjust...

Thats funny, I've been using it with no drivers, and have zero lag to speak of. I'm using it on a stock gs3 (4.11) and have played Shadowgun, Dead Trigger, PCE emulator, and the 2 mame4droid emulators without issue. I just pair it in gamepad mode and go.

I have 2 other phone gamepads and this one has zero latency issues by comparison. My MSI GP100 would lag like crazy. Overall, this is my favorite gamepad for phones yet.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

The buttons are great. No problems whatsoever, satisfying click and sturdy feeling.

The analogs I can best compare to the psp, but stiffer and less comfortable. The texture bumps wear on my thumbs and my hands get cramped.

Comfort and the lack of 4 shoulder buttons are the only downfalls to this gamepad. Otherwise it's great.

Reactions: jonnydominican

s162000

Sep 14, 2012
I have the same phone and the same gamepad. So at one time, vice city worked with this gamepad? That's been my only disappointment. I'm guessing a vice city update caused the problems. I've only ever been able to get the analogs to work.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Thats funny, I've been using it with no drivers, and have zero lag to speak of. I'm using it on a stock gs3 (4.11) and have played Shadowgun, Dead Trigger, PCE emulator, and the 2 mame4droid emulators without issue. I just pair it in gamepad mode and go.

I have 2 other phone gamepads and this one has zero latency issues by comparison. My MSI GP100 would lag like crazy. Overall, this is my favorite gamepad for phones yet.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

The buttons are great. No problems whatsoever, satisfying click and sturdy feeling.

The analogs I can best compare to the psp, but stiffer and less comfortable. The texture bumps wear on my thumbs and my hands get cramped.

Comfort and the lack of 4 shoulder buttons are the only downfalls to this gamepad. Otherwise it's great.

Thanks for the info, i'm on 4.1.2 so hoping it will work out of the box, what button combination is it to pair as gamepad? i've ordered mine but it's coming from HK so will take a while. Will update with my thoughts when I recieve it

booleanbob

Aug 29, 2012
I've got 4.1.2 and it works fine. Just can't get the buttons to work on Vice City :mad:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've managed to find some english version software of Ipega gamepad.

BitGames Emulator Games.apk (this one was too big)

IPEGA Touch - allows to configure onscreen game controls by pressing select button, even ingame (Y+Home mode)
    GHKeyIM - allows to configure key mapping, what each button should do (Y+Home mode)

Enjoy :eek:
    After some hours, I finally got my ipega PG-9017s working... At first time some buttons worked in gamepad mode (X + home), but all my games does not recognized the buttons properly. So, after some searching, I made a fix. Basically I created a keylayout for the gamepad (as it is using the generic layout provided by Android). After that, all my games started to work properly with the gamepad without aditional drives and/or programs. I only have to pair it using gamepad mode (X + home). I'm on Nexus 4 with KitKat 4.4.2. If someone wants to test, the file is attached to this post.

Apps tested:
    Modern Combat 4 - MeltDown Update
    Crazy Taxi
    PPSSPP
    Riptide GP2
    Mupen64 Plus AE
    SuperGNES

How to install:
    Extract and copy file to /system/usr/keylayout and set permission to 644.

reboot your device and reconect gamepad.

Hope it helps.

PS. Sorry if someone already made this. I read some pages of this topic, but i didn't find nothing related.
    quick fix implemented. all directions now work.

Note i rarely check XDA now so those who reported the bug were lucky to catch me. i have a very boring twitter feed i can be reached on @Mozzytm

anyway... heres what you want (uninstall old one, leave hid enabler installed, install this one)

Oh...and hit thanks please
    ok, for everyone that has problems with this joystick (like me) i made a driver for bluez IME that make it work with both analogs. unfortunatelly, for bluez limitances it's only mapped to keyboard keypresses, a-w-s-d for left analog and 4-8-5-6 for right analog. but if you mix bluez ime with some other compatible software, like "game keyboard", you get a fully working analog joystick.

tested with a huawei u8800-51 with android 4.0.4 aurora rom.

you need to install the attached file and the HID enabler.
    everytime you need to reconnect has to press X+home button untill the search led blink fast.

TODO: add configure key mapping compatibility

also note that the's almost no delay in button pressing (or at least less delay).

edit: upload the source code for user Mozzytm request.
    Game Compatibility iPega Controller / BluezIME / HTC One X

I've tried many games since getting this last week, here's my findings so far.

Working
    Game | iPega mode | Connection | Remap | Work
    Sonic 4: Ep 1 | Gamepad (Home=X) | Android default | No | Yes - in game fully functional
    Sonic 4: Ep 2 THD | Gamepad (Home=X) | Android default | No | Yes - in game fully functional
    Sonic CD | Gamepad (Home=X) | Android default | No | Yes - in game fully functional
    Riptide GP | Gamepad (Home=X) | BluezIME | in app menu | Yes - in game & menus fully functional
    Beach Buggy Blitz | Gamepad (Home=X) | BluezIME | in app menu | Yes - in game & menus fully functional
    Dead Trigger | Gamepad (Home=X) | Android default | in app menu | Yes - in game fully functional
    Shadowgun THD | Gamepad (Home=X) | Android default | in app menu | Yes - in game & menus fully functional
    GTA 3 | Gamepad (Home=X) | BluezIME | BluezIME | Yes - in game & menus fully functional
    Bard's Tale | Gamepad (Home=X) | Android default | No | Yes - in game & menus fully functional
    RetroArch | Keyboard (Home+A) | Android default | in app menu | Yes - in game fully functional

Not working
    Batman: DKR | No - no gamepad support by default | Use gamekeyboard or DroidMoteServer to map screen presses to physical buttons
    Asphalt 7 | No - no gamepad support by default | Use gamekeyboard or DroidMoteServer to map screen presses to physical buttons
    Real Racing 3 | No - no gamepad support by default | Use gamekeyboard or DroidMoteServer to map screen presses to physical buttons
    Tiki Kart 3D | No - no gamepad support by default | Use gamekeyboard or DroidMoteServer to map screen presses to physical buttons
    Shine Runner | Gamepad (Home=X) | BluezIME | No - couldn't get this to work
    Jett Tailfin Racers | Gamepad (Home=X) | BluezIME | No - couldn't get this to work

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

The below games are listed as having default gamepad support at http://www.videomap.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4 so may be worth a try:

Reckless Getaway
    Raging Thunder II
    Cordy
    Hockey Nations 2011
    SoulCraft THD
    Muffin Knight
    Sleepy Jack
    Diversion
    Dizzy - Prince of the Yolkfolk
    Drag Racing
    Inertia Escape Velocity
    Mobile Andrio
    Overkill
    Space War
    R-Type
    Acceler8
    ZENONIA® 4
    Meganoid
    Gunman Clive
    Helium Boy Demo
    Zen Pinball THD
    TurboFly 3D
    Virtua Tennis™ Challenge
    Demolition Inc. THD
    Max Payne Mobile
    Zombie Drive THD
    Renaissance Blood THD
    Vendetta Online (3D Space MMO)
    Monster Madness: Grave Danger
    SHADOWGUN: DeadZone
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Steampunk Racing 3D
    Cracking Sands
    The Conduit HD

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Key mappings for GTA 3 through BluezIME.

Load BluezIME and go to configure key mapping. The keys below need assigning to your chosen buttons, e.g. I have button A set as '1' which is run

Run = 1
    Punch/shoot = 2
    Jump = 3
    Get in/out of car = 4
    Previous weapon = [ (left bracket)
    Next weapon = ] (right bracket)
    Pause/select in menu - BACK
    Back in menu/change camera view = ENTER
    Look left (i.e. right stick) = J
    Look right (i.e. right stick) = L
    Look up (i.e. right stick) = I
    Look down (i.e. right stick) = K

If anyone has any improvements on these please post & I'll update this.