Guide for DFT - HSPL / RSPL Tool 4 Spark/ Trophy

324 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By wickedpenguin, Senior Member on 8th August 2011, 03:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Summary:

Guide By : unknown797

Official Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1195647

What it does is that it will change your standard SPL (Red, blue, geen and white usb) logo to a RSPL or HSPL.

• RSPL loads on on ram only so upon switching off you lose it and it will return to the original SPL (OSPL).
• HSPL replaces your SPL into the ROM.

Blue = Optional steps or notes
Green = my comments
Purple = woo fun facts/news

Step Action
1. Power Off, then power on while holding volume down.

(Red, blue, geen and white usb) logo, have a quick look at the SPL to compare for Step 3 later.

2. Open the launch file with RSPL label, follow onscreen next and click next to Flash with RSPL (it will reboot your phone).

Note: I’ve got 3 options to select for the SPL versions, but they all revert back to the middle on so it doesn’t matter.

3. Once it is rebooted it will be in RSPL mode with the similar look to SPL, but you can see the numbers are different and labelled RSPL instead of SPL (shown on XDA).

Note: You can do an HSPL bit here if you like, just open the Install file instead of launch labelled HSPL, when its about to reboot hold down volume so you don’t have to manually power off and on again. You will notice it says HSPL now.

Extras: I’m using HSPL incase they patch the SPL bootloader in the near future. Nothing major really just stops the rom flashing software from upgrading.

4. Flash any Ansar or Release Roms from any country (I prefer Europe release as it has the latest radio version) without a signed_spl.ngb file.

Note: some firmware includes the spl into the rom, so you may want to edit it and remove that.

Extras: This part usually fails as it detects wrong vendor ID.

Attention: the DFS team has also released a Mango rom unlocked, but requires zune 4.8 to run and they modified the boot logo to DFS and changed the start page (annoying!), but its running smoothly… so far; I can’t use the caller ID display fix from advancedconfig tool (naturally that tool doesn’t work on mango either).

5. Bingo!

6. Optional - Install HTC connection setup xap and change your network provider to VF NZ so that you have the correct message centre details etc..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wickedpenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wickedpenguin Ad-Free

10th August 2011, 11:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedpenguin

Summary:

Guide By : unknown797

Official Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1195647

What it does is that it will change your standard SPL (Red, blue, geen and white usb) logo to a RSPL or HSPL.

• RSPL loads on on ram only so upon switching off you lose it and it will return to the original SPL (OSPL).
• HSPL replaces your SPL into the ROM.

Blue = Optional steps or notes
Green = my comments
Purple = woo fun facts/news

Step Action
1. Power Off, then power on while holding volume down.

(Red, blue, geen and white usb) logo, have a quick look at the SPL to compare for Step 3 later.

2. Open the launch file with RSPL label, follow onscreen next and click next to Flash with RSPL (it will reboot your phone).

Note: I’ve got 3 options to select for the SPL versions, but they all revert back to the middle on so it doesn’t matter.

3. Once it is rebooted it will be in RSPL mode with the similar look to SPL, but you can see the numbers are different and labelled RSPL instead of SPL (shown on XDA).

Note: You can do an HSPL bit here if you like, just open the Install file instead of launch labelled HSPL, when its about to reboot hold down volume so you don’t have to manually power off and on again. You will notice it says HSPL now.

Extras: I’m using HSPL incase they patch the SPL bootloader in the near future. Nothing major really just stops the rom flashing software from upgrading.

4. Flash any Ansar or Release Roms from any country (I prefer Europe release as it has the latest radio version) without a signed_spl.ngb file.

Note: some firmware includes the spl into the rom, so you may want to edit it and remove that.

Extras: This part usually fails as it detects wrong vendor ID.

Attention: the DFS team has also released a Mango rom unlocked, but requires zune 4.8 to run and they modified the boot logo to DFS and changed the start page (annoying!), but its running smoothly… so far; I can’t use the caller ID display fix from advancedconfig tool (naturally that tool doesn’t work on mango either).

5. Bingo!

6. Optional - Install HTC connection setup xap and change your network provider to VF NZ so that you have the correct message centre details etc..

so, i have trophy spl version 1.22.2250 and i cant install the rspl, why?
its AT-A1 (mobilkom austria a1) branded.
14th August 2011, 06:39 PM |#3  
Flag Rotterdam the Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 2

More
This was extremely easy on my Spark.

Followed the instructions and within a minute or so I had HSPL.

Super work, thanks a lot!

Now let me try to get Mango on the device.

Robin
1st September 2011, 01:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZMUSTI

Same here, my Trophy is from Vodafone Portugal
2nd September 2011, 03:33 PM |#5  
Flag Rotterdam the Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldfuzion

Same here, my Trophy is from Vodafone Portugal

Because that version has not been hacked yet.

Read the threads and you will know.
9th September 2011, 11:43 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZMUSTI

Working just fine for me.. Did you try release #2 ? I'm currently updating my ROM to HTC_EUROPE without any problems..
9th September 2011, 12:55 PM |#7  
Flag Culemborg
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominikZ

Working just fine for me.. Did you try release #2 ? I'm currently updating my ROM to HTC_EUROPE without any problems..

I am also on 1.22.2250, can you provide details on how you did this without problems?
9th September 2011, 01:18 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorijn

I am also on 1.22.2250, can you provide details on how you did this without problems?

Sure.

First of all get DFT_XSPL_WP7FG2.rar from here.

Now get your phone into SPL Mode as described above.

Launch DFT_RSPL_WP7FG2_LAUNCH.exe select your SPL version and hit next.

After reboot, verify, that you are on Cotulla RSPL. Now you can launch the ROM Update utility. I used RUU_Spark_HTC_Europe_1.10.401.04_Radio_5.52.09.16_ 22.33a.50.10U_by_ansar from here
9th September 2011, 01:41 PM |#9  
Flag Culemborg

More
Quote:

Sure.

First of all get DFT_XSPL_WP7FG2.rar from here.

Now get your phone into SPL Mode as described above.

Launch DFT_RSPL_WP7FG2_LAUNCH.exe select your SPL version and hit next.

After reboot, verify, that you are on Cotulla RSPL. Now you can launch the ROM Update utility. I used RUU_Spark_HTC_Europe_1.10.401.04_Radio_5.52.09.16_ 22.33a.50.10U_by_ansar from here

Actually, I did. The owner of the thread states that there is no working version for that specific SPL yet. That is why I was curious.

Anyway, the required version isn't available in the list.
9th September 2011, 03:11 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorijn

Actually, I did. The owner of the thread states that there is no working version for that specific SPL yet. That is why I was curious.

Anyway, the required version isn't available in the list.

Hm. That's interesting. Because my SPL Version is 1.20.2250.0(117833) which was the last entry in the dropdown menu..
10th September 2011, 11:11 AM |#11  
Flag Culemborg

More
Quote:

Hm. That's interesting. Because my SPL Version is 1.20.2250.0(117833) which was the last entry in the dropdown menu..

I'm using 1.22.2250. 1.20.xxxx doesn't work yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)