FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,643 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,814

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th September 2017, 08:53 PM |#21141  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 19,985

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

Hootan, given the same amount of money, say 10 dollars spent in the Play Store, or 10 dollars donated via PayPal, which sends the most amount to you ?

I was discussing this with someone just now and I think the cut Google makes is bigger so you would get less from the Play Store, is this correct ?

Always, Google takes a 30% cut off each transaction. Plus there is a 25$ developer fee to post apps in the store. PayPal is the best way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thebear j koss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thebear j koss Ad-Free
4th September 2017, 08:58 PM |#21142  
Flag Jena
Thanks Meter: 13,539

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noc.jfcbs

Google takes 30% (really THIRTY) fees, PayPal within the EU (plus Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein) 1.9% plus 0.35€.
This is the reason why I usually avoid to donate or buy via Google.

https://support.google.com/googlepla.../6334373?hl=en
https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebear j koss

Always, Google takes a 30% cut off each transaction. Plus there is a 25$ developer fee to post apps in the store. PayPal is the best way.

Not to increase OT posts, but with playstore you get more publicity. You can put a paypal link to your app or a link in your XDA OP or g+ or even FB profile, but it still will not be as accessible to users as playstore. And that is why even with that steep bargain developers still choose playstore
The Following User Says Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
5th September 2017, 01:27 AM |#21143  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Since being updated to G955USQU1AQGL, I am having issues transferring folders that contain folders.

Example: Trying to copy music to my phone, I have a folder for Artist and inside that is a folder for Albums and then each of those has the mp3's... unless of course the album is more than one cd then the folder would contain folders CD1, CD2 etc etc....

Now using Black Sabbath as an example... inside the Black Sabbath folder there are 19 folders (1 for each album)... if I drag and drop the main Black Sabbath folder, it copies 10 folders and then the transfer window vanishes. When I check all it has done is created 10 out of the 19 Album Folders and instead of all those folders being within the Artist Folder... it's creating each Album Folder inside of each other. So instead of Black Sabbath having those Album Folders, it's placing Album 1 folder and then Album 2 folder inside of Album 1 folder and then Album 3 folder inside of Album 2 folder and so on. And when I try to access the 10 folder where it cut off.. it errors out saying: An error occurred opening the folder on the FTP Server. Make sure you have permission to access this folder. Details: 550 CWD No such path.

Now if I manually create a folder called Black Sabbath and then copy all the Album folders into that folder... it works fine. Unless one of the albums has multiple CD folders... then I need to transfer those separate by manually creating the Artist Folder, then the Album Folder in that and then transfer the CD1, CD2 etc folders into that.

I hope that made sense.
5th September 2017, 06:45 AM |#21144  
Thanks Meter: 591

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCrossan

Since being updated to G955USQU1AQGL, I am having issues transferring folders that contain folders.

Example: Trying to copy music to my phone, I have a folder for Artist and inside that is a folder for Albums and then each of those has the mp3's... unless of course the album is more than one cd then the folder would contain folders CD1, CD2 etc etc....

Now using Black Sabbath as an example... inside the Black Sabbath folder there are 19 folders (1 for each album)... if I drag and drop the main Black Sabbath folder, it copies 10 folders and then the transfer window vanishes. When I check all it has done is created 10 out of the 19 Album Folders and instead of all those folders being within the Artist Folder... it's creating each Album Folder inside of each other. So instead of Black Sabbath having those Album Folders, it's placing Album 1 folder and then Album 2 folder inside of Album 1 folder and then Album 3 folder inside of Album 2 folder and so on. And when I try to access the 10 folder where it cut off.. it errors out saying: An error occurred opening the folder on the FTP Server. Make sure you have permission to access this folder. Details: 550 CWD No such path.

Now if I manually create a folder called Black Sabbath and then copy all the Album folders into that folder... it works fine. Unless one of the albums has multiple CD folders... then I need to transfer those separate by manually creating the Artist Folder, then the Album Folder in that and then transfer the CD1, CD2 etc folders into that.

I hope that made sense.

Hootan maybe needs a log of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ouzowtf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ouzowtf Ad-Free
5th September 2017, 08:09 AM |#21145  
Flag Hoa Binh
Thanks Meter: 143

Donate to Me
More
Please add .rar extractor in main Mix app. Rar and zip are most popular, other file extractor may in add-on like already
5th September 2017, 11:49 PM |#21146  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
@HootanParsa
for PDF add-on can you add feature standard operation for editing?
sometimes i need to select words/text from PDF and then copy it to another places
i did long tap in screen on words/text but show nothing
The Following User Says Thank You to furyza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift furyza Ad-Free
6th September 2017, 01:25 AM |#21147  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
@HootanParsa
Sorry to bother again, but I'd still like to know if you're planning on adding an option that would let us read the subtitles that are on a separate file while we watch it on your player, from a cloud storage.
6th September 2017, 03:32 AM |#21148  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
FR:

Hi

It would be nice if properties of media files show various info about the media formats like bitrate, container, image size, compression etc for images and videos etc.

thanks
6th September 2017, 05:00 AM |#21149  
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemusss

Yes you're right, sorry.

I've got another question, and this time I searched but didn't find anything...
I try to read subtitles which are in a separate file from the video, but neither the mix media player nor my other players read it.

Do you have an idea please ?

You can use mkvmerge and mkvextract and insert subtitles in the mkv file
The Following User Says Thank You to xdanilva For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdanilva Ad-Free
6th September 2017, 07:34 AM |#21150  
Thanks Meter: 813

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajkan

FR:
Hi
It would be nice if properties of media files show various info about the media formats like bitrate, container, image size, compression etc for images and videos etc.
thanks

I think it displays Metadata for images without any addons.(Select image and then Metadata in action menu)

There is also a MiX Metadata addon, but I'm not sure what improvements it gives and if it applies only for images or for videos too. Is there someone using MiX Metadata that could explain what it provides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemusss

@HootanParsa
Sorry to bother again, but I'd still like to know if you're planning on adding an option that would let us read the subtitles that are on a separate file while we watch it on your player, from a cloud storage.

You know, ideally it's better to copy video files to a local disk for playing without hiccups. And it is possibly what the Mix player will do before playing. Another option is to have them hosted on a computer in your LAN network, for streaming to phones or TVs.

BubbleUPnP is a powerful app that can play and stream videos and music from many sources to many destinations. It can play from cloud storages, but I'm not sure whether it supports your pCloud. I suggest you try it, if it doesn't support your cloud, maybe you can suggest it for them at https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1118891 or https://plus.google.com/communities/...38554741017351.
There is a similar question and possible solution there:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=12650
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sr. Zé Alguém For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sr. Zé Alguém Ad-Free
6th September 2017, 08:10 AM |#21151  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdanilva

You can use mkvmerge and mkvextract and insert subtitles in the mkv file

I've got a lot of videos like that, so it would be long ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Zé Alguém

You know, ideally it's better to copy video files to a local disk for playing without hiccups. And it is possibly what the Mix player will do before playing. Another option is to have them hosted on a computer in your LAN network, for streaming to phones or TVs.

BubbleUPnP is a powerful app that can play and stream videos and music from many sources to many destinations. It can play from cloud storages, but I'm not sure whether it supports your pCloud. I suggest you try it, if it doesn't support your cloud, maybe you can suggest it for them at https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1118891 or https://plus.google.com/communities/...38554741017351.
There is a similar question and possible solution there:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=12650

BubbleUPnP doesn't support pCloud, and with the last link you put, it seems that it would be the same problem with separate subs.
But thanks anyway.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)