Better working Flash (Thanks to gregmattersen of forum.ArchosFans.com)

Search This thread

-ArcheTyPe-

Dec 7, 2010
Hallo everybody,

gregmatterson from forum.archosfans.com extrected the flash version, that came with his Droid X. The Droid X should have the same cpu/chipset, that are inside our gen8 tablets.

This is an optimized version of flash, like archos hopefully is working on and will release soon or later - so give it a try!

File Attached

Attachments

• com.adobe.flashplayer-1.apk
    3.7 MB · Views: 7,811

r3v0Lut10n

Nov 3, 2009
Hallo everybody,

gregmatterson from forum.archosfans.com extrected the flash version, that came with his Droid X. The Droid X should have the same cpu/chipset, that are inside our gen8 tablets.

This is an optimized version of flash, like archos hopefully is working on and will release soon or later - so give it a try!

File Attached

ok, will checking it soon

installed, reboot and working fine on stock browser & dolphin 3.0

Last edited:

dirttrasher

Jul 30, 2010
Hi,

but its not the final version from Archos with Hardware Acceleration. It uses the CPU better than the other Versions, but its not accelerated by the DSP inside the Archos.

The final version will play Flash smoother than this one, in youtube it still lags.

Greetings Matthias

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Thank you!!!

Man this is why I love XDA, now flash heavy sites like IGN.com works perfectly with flash. No delays, stuttering like with the marketplace flash. For $300.00, the archos 10 inch is a steal, being able to watch any flash-enabled site is just the icing on the cake on on this big screen its perfect!

tientsdo

Dec 3, 2010
Hallo everybody,

File Attached

downloaded but cannot open it,keep saying there " no application can be found to open this file"
Help anyone?

lbhocky19

Feb 18, 2007
for me at least on youtube it is awful. sound was choppy and the wrong pitch and video barely played....

OminousE

May 4, 2010
Tnx for sharing! I've installed this one, it works, but not that good. I'm sure soon adobe will certify Archos's hardware accelerated version.
Youtube was not watchable... so I installed youtube app for that.

JeremySS

Dec 14, 2010
Indianapolis
Weird. I am getting an error "Cannot download. The content is not supported on the device". Any ideas?

(Edit) Got it with Astro

Last edited:

h311e

Aug 6, 2010
Could you please extract it from xda onto a filehoster. I cant download it directly from here

micmcguire

Dec 3, 2010
Brandon, SD
Not seeing any difference

I am not seeing any difference from the flash available in the market at all, overall my flash performance is decent with both. But then again maybe my expectations are low.

hexto

Aug 13, 2008
Middletown, CT
Hallo everybody,

File Attached

Tried to download but the link must be broken or down. I get "download unsuccessful"

vja4Him

Jan 16, 2011
Hallo everybody,

File Attached

Thanks! Have that file downloaded to my MacPro for safe keeping ...

Rose4uKY

Sep 7, 2009
Louisville
So If I want flash now do I get this one or do the one from the marketplace? Which works better? And when Archos and Adobe come out with a version do I delete this one 1st if I get it before getting the new one from Archos and Adobe?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hallo everybody,

File Attached