IGO8 and Htc HD/Blackstone

Search This thread

david-v

Jan 13, 2007
's-Hertogenbosch
www.a701.org
I do think the Touch HD has RDS (like the other HTC devices with FM). This does not mean that it receives TMC or that iGo can read TMC info. Hence my question...
I dont know how to test it, but according to this website it does. I am running IGO8 and it found a TMC receiver, but it says No TMC signal. I have not tried to fix that yet as I got the phone a couple of days ago. I am still playing with it :)

david_1981

Nov 2, 2008
Guys,

wich installer did u use? I can't get mine to work. I did the following...

1. copy to SD folder 2577 & iGO8
2. soft reset
3. install .
4. copy what you need from iGO 2008/iGO8/content... to SD iGO8/content...

and then i changed the Sys.txt to what was posted before.

When i start it i get the color turning centerd startup icon from WM but then nothing happens and igo is not starting.

Thx for Your help in advance

esackbauer

May 3, 2005
Vienna
www.mundl.net
I dont know how to test it, but according to this website it does. I am running IGO8 and it found a TMC receiver, but it says No TMC signal. I have not tried to fix that yet as I got the phone a couple of days ago. I am still playing with it :)

the pdadb.net site is the only one stating it has RDS and I think they are wrong.
HTC states on their website when a product supports RDS, like here:
http://www.htc.com/europe/product/touchdiamond/specification.html

On the specification page of Touch HD, RDS is missing.
This is consistent with the FM Radio software on the HD. When I start it there is NO RDS information at all.
I guess iGO just detects the FM radio, and this is why it THINKS that it could have TMC.

sieg01

Nov 9, 2008
Rodenberg
the pdadb.net site is the only one stating it has RDS and I think they are wrong.
HTC states on their website when a product supports RDS, like here:
http://www.htc.com/europe/product/touchdiamond/specification.html

On the specification page of Touch HD, RDS is missing.
This is consistent with the FM Radio software on the HD. When I start it there is NO RDS information at all.
I guess iGO just detects the FM radio, and this is why it THINKS that it could have TMC.

Hello,
that is a wrong link from HTC Diamond, the right link from HD Touch is hier and with FM-radio:
http://www.htc.com/europe/product/touchhd/specification.html

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Google Pixel 3
Please read again carefully. I never said the Touch HD has NO Radio.
Diamond has RDS, Touch HD has not. Thus there will be no TMC.
It seems unlikely that the HD hardware doesn't support RDS if the Diamond does. Maybe we just have to wait for a ROM upgrade. They may have left some goodies out just to get the thing to market before the iPhone rules the planet!

Zuber

Jul 6, 2006
www.WantItGetItLoveIt.co.uk
So can anyone just confirm if other HTC devices (with RDS) were able to use TMC ?

Particularly for my needs in the UK. I've been reading around it and lots of people saying UK TMC is paid for only etc.

Zuber

kdomo

Jul 16, 2008
Unfortunatelly there is not RDS channel in our town, but IGO found TMC receiver hardware.

bouya_k

Mar 12, 2008
Geneva
Hello

I have just received my HD for I love it...

But question where I can buy IGO8 in Switzerland, I did a research on internet but not found it...

Thanks in advance