Your mobile/cell provider what do you pay and what do you get?

Search This thread

2Pints

Feb 24, 2011
Talking to someone earlier, i was surprised to find out that some carriers in the US charge for incoming texts, so just out of interest ( and to find out if its cheaper elsewhere ) what do you pay per month to your mobile/cell carier and what do you get

to start the ball rolling, I am with 3 (UK) and i pay £15 a month sim card only deal "Sim 15" - i purchased my own phone independantly ), for that i get...

2Gb of data to use as i like ( either on the phone or tethered*)

3,000 Texts (sms) incoming texts are free

300 minutes call time to any landline or mobile/cell phone ( except premium numbers) incoming calls are free

2,000 minutes call time to any one else on the same mobile/cell network

*this deal is no longer current, new signups get unlimited data, without restrictions, and no fair use policy etc etc but are not able to tether, everything else is the same for new sign ups.

PeterSmithson

Oct 10, 2011
Pay to receive? You could really irritate people you don't like by sending them messages!

I got a Motorola defy for about half cost price on a 2 year contact. £10.50 a month for 100 mins and 500mb and unlimited texts (you can swap that for free land line calls etc). That's t-mobile but they don't do that deal now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

ebol94

Aug 10, 2011
I'm on pre-paid in Argentina...I've been using a offer where you pay AR$1( US$0,216) for unlimited internet/day .

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
I pay Rs. 250/month (~4.5 US$) for

1GB of data
250 minutes on any phone.
1000 National SMS's
Incoming SMS are free.
Incoming calls are free if I'm at my home network.

thehitomi

Aug 10, 2012
ebol, is your carrier TIM?

I'm from Brazil, my carrier is TIM, and I'm on prepaid.

I pay 0.50 Reais (something like 25 cents of the American dollar) for each day that I use the internet, 0.50 for each day that I text (after I send the first SMS I can send unlimited texts throughout the day), 0.25 cents for each call to other numbers in the same carrier, 0.50 for each landline call and something like 1.00 real for each minute when I'm calling numbers from other carriers.

Calling other carriers is a bit expensive, but it's okay though, I rarely ever have to call anyone with Twitter and Whatsapp :p

toohot4tv

Jul 26, 2012
I Pay 45$ with Telus I have :
-Unlimited calls between 6pm to 7am
-Unlimited calls on week-end
-150 mins for day calls
-unlimited sms
-250mb data
Plans are very expensive in Canada because we only have 4 carriers.

mihovil13

May 9, 2011
Tele2
5$ I pay, using prepaid
I get 300 minutes to all operators in my country and 1GB of mobile data.

Unfortunately, they are probably shutting it down on 31 august cause its too cheap :p

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

WalaceW7

Aug 3, 2012
Volta Redonda
Brazilian carriers

I came from Vivo here, where I paid about US$17 monthly to get:
"Unlimited" data; 3G velocity was about ~400kbps and VERY slow after a daily use.
10k minutes from Vivo to another one;
10k messages in the same way.
Messages and calls to another carrier are charged separately. And pretty expensive, also good to mention.
One time I spent about US$24 on messages to another carriers, when that occurred, I changed to Tim, where I get now for US$13 monthly:
"Unlimited" data for about US$0,24 per day of use; 3G velocity about 600kbps which is limited to 50kbps after a FEW mb of use, like 15mb or somewhat else.
Unlimited messages to all carriers at same price of Data; at least it seems to be unlimited.
About US$0,12 per call to another Tim phone.
Calls to another carrier phone are pretty expensive...
Also good to know that calls from Tim tends to go down after a few minutes of use, forcing you to call again and, with this, pay another US$0,12.
The signal in both are crappy, I live in Volta Redonda, which is located by 150km from state capital, Rio de Janeiro.
The Vivo carrier, when goes down, takes DAYS to get back on "foot" showing signal on my Smartphone, and the Tim one, simply doesn't give any signal in determinated areas of the city, and their merchandising claims to have covered all country with excellent signal, which is a lie.

ebol94

Aug 10, 2011
ebol, is your carrier TIM?

I'm from Brazil, my carrier is TIM, and I'm on prepaid.

I pay 0.50 Reais (something like 25 cents of the American dollar) for each day that I use the internet, 0.50 for each day that I text (after I send the first SMS I can send unlimited texts throughout the day), 0.25 cents for each call to other numbers in the same carrier, 0.50 for each landline call and something like 1.00 real for each minute when I'm calling numbers from other carriers.

Calling other carriers is a bit expensive, but it's okay though, I rarely ever have to call anyone with Twitter and Whatsapp :p

No, I'm using Personal Argentina. Tim is not available here.

kadopt

Feb 26, 2011
Lisboa
kado.ddns.net
I'm on TMN from Portugal. I have a pre paid plan called "MOCHE" that gives me unlimited calls, messages and video calls between MOCHE users for 7.5€/month. I also have 1500 daily messages for any TMN user. I also pay extra 15€ for 1GB of internet (3G).

Tranzior

Feb 16, 2012
Lviv
I pay 1.85 $US/ month
1.5 GB mobile data
Unlimited calls in my network
Incoming SMS and calls free

Life:) Ukraine
Send from my Atrix 2

Last edited: