[Q] Stuck At Boot (droid red eye) *SOLVED*

Search This thread

AlexiaRL

May 24, 2011
San Diego
Ok so I accidentally deleted the system font I was using and thought I had replaced it with another font in Windows explorer using the app TypeFresh. I restarted my phone to apply the changes. But while restarting it won't go past the boot animation. What happened? How can I fix this?
I am using Jellybean 4.1.2.

*SOLUTION* Purchase a factory cable or adapter. Charge my phone. Restore Software using the Droid Utility.

PROBLEM: Battery Low error prevents me from further flashing the device to restore it's software. Since it turned off mid flash my phone is practically a skeleton with barely any software installed which prevents me from using normal methods to charge my phone.

Last edited:

AztekSoul

Nov 5, 2012
Monterrey
Ok so I accidentally deleted the system font I was using and thought I had replaced it with another font in Windows explorer using the app TypeFresh. I restarted my phone to apply the changes. But while restarting it won't go past the boot animation. What happened? How can I fix this?

Do you have a custom recovery installed? BMM or Safestrap? I'm gonna guess that you don't so you're gonna have to flash fastboot file through rsdlite.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

Reactions: AlexiaRL

AztekSoul

Nov 5, 2012
Monterrey
How would I go about doing that? Sorry I am a total newbie. And would this erase everything on my phone?

Ok you need to download rsdlite and latest motorola drivers for your pc or mac and also a fastboot file depending on your region,just google 'em...

Ok here you can get the fastboot file.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40201916

Install drivers on pc or mac.
install rsdlite and open it up.
Boot up your phone in ap fastboot and connect it to your pc or mac with usb cable.
When rsdlite recognizes your phone,click on the 3 dots and search for the fastbootfile you downloaded (make sure is the same region as your phone i.e. if you live in europe get a europe file)
Then hit start and let rsdlite do its thing,I believe you might lose your data but since you cannot back up there is nothing you can do,sorry.
Good luck.

AlexiaRL

May 24, 2011
San Diego
Ok you need to download rsdlite and latest motorola drivers for your pc or mac and also a fastboot file depending on your region,just google 'em...

Boot up your phone in ap fastboot and connect it to your pc or mac with usb cable.
When rsdlite recognizes your phone,click on the 3 dots and search for the fastbootfile you downloaded (make sure is the same region as your phone i.e. if you live in europe get a europe file)
Then hit start and let rsdlite do its thing,I believe you might lose your data but since you cannot back up there is nothing you can do,sorry.
Good luck.

What if RSDlite does not recognize my phone?

AztekSoul

Nov 5, 2012
Monterrey
OK and this method will erase everything on my phone? There is no way to back it up or get data off?

I think not,if you are going to flash a service file I think your data will be fine but if you are going to flash a full file you will loose all your data on internal memory and will loose your root if you are rooted.

AlexiaRL

May 24, 2011
San Diego
I think not,if you are going to flash a service file I think your data will be fine but if you are going to flash a full file you will loose all your data on internal memory and will loose your root if you are rooted.

Alright thank you for your help and quick replies. I noticed there was no file for the United States, is there?

AlexiaRL

May 24, 2011
San Diego
Any luck yet?

Does it really matter where from? I replied‚ didn't I?

No, none yet. I am trying to restore the software on the phone any way possible but a low battery is preventing me from doing this. I can't seem to charge the phone either since I can't get out of AP Fastboot mode. So for right now I am stuck and don't know what to do.

xpsychox

Dec 1, 2011
Marion
No, none yet. I am trying to restore the software on the phone any way possible but a low battery is preventing me from doing this. I can't seem to charge the phone either since I can't get out of AP Fastboot mode. So for right now I am stuck and don't know what to do.

OK..lemme go back threw the plays and see if i can get it to work for me..I'll let u no

Does it really matter where from? I replied‚ didn't I?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do you have a custom recovery installed? BMM or Safestrap? I'm gonna guess that you don't so you're gonna have to flash fastboot file through rsdlite.

How would I go about doing that? Sorry I am a total newbie. And would this erase everything on my phone?

Good luck.
    What if RSDlite does not recognize my phone?

It should as long you have installed the drivers and have your device in ap fastboot,just give it a minute after you connect it to pc .

OK and this method will erase everything on my phone? There is no way to back it up or get data off?