[GUIDE] Galaxy Tab Network Unlock

Search This thread

hacksome

Jan 27, 2005
Bangalore
After applying this Fix, unlock is working. But the phone is not registering to the local phone network. I think it has to do with the IMEI.
Is there a solution?.. I have the previous /efs folder backup.

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
Last edited:

rotohammer

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
WARNING: A lot of folks, including myself, have had bad results following this guide. Some have even lost their IMEI files for good.

This is safer:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=843323

If you plan on unlocking your phone, please backup your /efs folder and make sure you have at least 6 files visible in the backup. If you don't see 6 files, then STOP and don't continue unlocking!!!

The six files you should see:
Code:
.nv_data.bak
.nv_data.bak.md5
nv_data.bin
nv_data.bin.md5
nv.log
.nv_state

Last edited:

hacksome

Jan 27, 2005
Bangalore
Thank you rotohammer!
Fortunately I did a /efs backup. Hope simply copying back the old files to /efs folder will revert the changes?

doksng

Nov 12, 2010
I tried copying the backup files to the EFS folder using root explorer but was unable to do so as the files were not pasted even though I had access to root.

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
I tried copying the backup files to the EFS folder using root explorer but was unable to do so as the files were not pasted even though I had access to root.

Be sure that the directory is set to RW first. Little button on the top of the screen in Root Explorer will do that for you.

rotohammer

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey

Also, because the /efs folder has very little free space, you may have to delete the file in /efs first, then copy the backup file back, one at a time.

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Mods since the OP has neglected this guide and it is obviously causing people to lose their IMEI, please delete / edit / lock this thread.
There is another better guide on the forum that does NOT corrupts your IMEI.

mobiltronixpc

Dec 9, 2010
Worked for me after endless research and trial and error... THANK YOU VERY MUCH... TO ALL WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE.

Samsung T959 Vibrant Galaxy S with j16 firmware.

Menzer

Jan 27, 2011
This worked perfectly UK O2 to Unlocked Network... I had a small problem with the step 2 - saying it's could not find the files in french, I resolved that by moving the 2nd repair nv_data folder out of the 1st repair nv_data folder

Thank you!!!!

maxmum

May 6, 2011
WARNING: A lot of folks, including myself, have had bad results following this guide. Some have even lost their IMEI files for good.

This is safer:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=843323

If you plan on unlocking your phone, please backup your /efs folder and make sure you have at least 6 files visible in the backup. If you don't see 6 files, then STOP and don't continue unlocking!!!

The six files you should see:
Code:
.nv_data.bak
.nv_data.bak.md5
nv_data.bin
nv_data.bin.md5
nv.log
.nv_state

Hi

Thank you very much for all this info - Could you hel please, I have used rootexplorer to search for the /esf folder and it is not there, neither are the nv_data.bin ect files. What to do in this case?

dasickzz

Dec 6, 2009
Hi, at first a big thanks :)

I got a samsung galaxy tab which was locked to T-Mobile.
I followed your instructions and when I finished and typed *#7465625# in,the network lock was off :)

Then I was putting in a Orange sim and I could use the internet,market etc but when I tried to write a message or make a call he told me not registered to network.
I tried in mobile network settings-network operators-select automaticially but no joy.
Tried then a T-mobile sim and i was havin then straight away a signal.
Did i forgot something whilst unlocking?

Thanks for answers

toddkp

Mar 15, 2011
My carrier unlock code is not working

Hey guys, just wanted to ask you subject matter experts if you had any ideas on my my network carrier unlock code is not working on my tab.

When I first got it a few months ago, I rooted it, then used ODIN to flash various overcom roms. Also flashed various modems, kernals, recovery, etc.

The thing works just fine... just I want to use another carriers sim with my paid unlock code.

domnukalu

Aug 24, 2010
Works like a charm:

Romania - Vodafone, switched to DigiMobil

I got scared at a moment, after second reboot (when updating media and asking for a reboot) I pressed home then a android icon appeard with a orange exclamation mark in a triangle. Pressed home button again and it rebooted.

Congrats guys, keep up the good work.