By pengus77, Recognized Developer on 13th January 2013, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th January 2013, 05:34 PM |#1001  
Flag On The Run
Thanks Meter: 554

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _kankea

My wifi drain started the moment I got out of range of connected AP... No drain after I installed "DHCP Client replacement/update for CM10", in second post.

Was your phone connected to AP when wifi was on?

It was connected and it was right next to the AP...
Anyways, that "fix" is already included in version 11, and I'm gonna flash it right now
26th January 2013, 05:36 PM |#1002  
Flag Kit Kat Loolipop Ice Jelly Bean Gingerbread Cream Froyo Marshmallow Sandwich
Thanks Meter: 309

More
Re: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][010 - 2013/01/19] Kowalski Kernel
Fu*king awesome bros, you really make us feel like kings, really brilliant steve jobson Ill test and observe stuff as they happen and post strange behavior.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
26th January 2013, 05:45 PM |#1003  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Kernel and manager working great! Great work,phone is even more faster then last kernel(for me)
26th January 2013, 05:51 PM |#1004  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 98

Donate to Me
More
Re: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][010 - 2013/01/19] Kowalski Kernel
Hi,

Thanks for the awesome kernel and wfd thanks for the awesome app!
There is so less stutter! Awesome!

I have a few noob questions,
1. Hot spot power management works only if hot spot is active right? So activating it will not make a difference when it's off? What exactly does it do?
2. Setting TX power to the lowest (4) will affect only the wifi signal right?
3. Activating psp power saving mode will disable wifi when screen off right? Does it do anything else?
4. Keeping USB fast charge when not needed will affect anything else?

Sent from my LG-P990
26th January 2013, 05:53 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 341

More
when connecting phone to comp, with new kernel , it seems that it isn't recognized at all ...
so..i was try to revert to Kow. 10 and all is fine. so...something is bugged or... ?
btw, new BL CM 10.1, here
26th January 2013, 05:55 PM |#1006  
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,025

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icyeye

when connecting phone to comp, with new kernel , it seems that it isn't recognized at all ...
so..i was try to revert to Kow. 10 and all is fine. so...something is bugged or... ?
btw, new BL CM 10.1, here

If fast charge is on it will not be recognized because it simulates an AC connection, otherwise no clue, try wiping cache/dalvik. Works fine for me...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2013, 05:57 PM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 341

More
ah..than its all ok. sry, didn't know that , if u enable it fast USB AC it isn't recognized.
coz..on GB 2.3. with this thing enabled all was working fine.
26th January 2013, 06:01 PM |#1008  
Flag Togliatti
Thanks Meter: 723

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0D3N1N3R

Hi,

Thanks for the awesome kernel and wfd thanks for the awesome app!

I have a few noob questions,
1. Hot spot power management works only if hot spot is active right? So activating it will not make a difference when it's off? What exactly does it do?
2. Setting TX power to the lowest (4) will affect only the wifi signal right?
3. Activating psp power saving mode will disable wifi when screen off right? Does it do anything else?
4. Keeping USB fast charge when not needed will affect anything else?

Sent from my LG-P990

1. yep
2. Mostly it will affect for transmittion power, reception power depends on your hotspot power, so signal level may stay the same in all range of tx power setting.
3... better ask pengus
4. should affect only to usb charge, when it on, device thinks that it connected to wallcharger always (i think so)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wfd Ad-Free
26th January 2013, 06:01 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 291

More
On a clean install scenario would the following be ok? on CWM, wipes, flash cm10, flash kernel, flash wpa_supplicant_8_update.zip, reboot.
26th January 2013, 06:04 PM |#1010  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfd

1. yep
2. Mostly it will affect for transmittion power, reception power depends on your hotspot power, so signal level may stay the same in all range of tx power setting.
3... better ask pengus
4. should affect only to usb charge, when it on, device thinks that it connected to wallcharger always (i think so)

1. Agreed. When you turn hotspot on it will work in power safe mode (Fast PSP) instead of full power mode (CAM).
2. Just perfect
3. It will set your sleep policy in Max PSP, pretty much as the "psp" module used to do. So you can test right away if your router supports it or not without flashing anything
4. Yep, perfect, and will also disable adb while it's on, because it simulates an AC connection and when on charger adb and mass storage are not really needed, right ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2013, 06:05 PM |#1011  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximo F. Verde

On a clean install scenario would the following be ok? on CWM, wipes, flash cm10, flash kernel, flash wpa_supplicant_8_update.zip, reboot.

Yeah perfect, i'd also install the dhcp update in 2nd post just to be up-to-date with 10.1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beware ! wild penguins, fish slapping takes place here, ics - cm10 - cm10.1, jelly bean, kernel, no polar bears - killer whales or sharks allowed, nvidia sucks - lg sucks more

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)