FORUMS

[Android][Unlock/S-OFF] SunShine for modern Motorola & HTC devices

6,332 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,901

By jcase, Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor on 23rd June 2014, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2019, 05:58 PM |#5271  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi anyone!

I would like to set my phone to s-off
On an older device, I successfully did it a few years ago with the sunshine app ($ 25 )
My current device is HTC U11 (HTC_ocnuhl).
Bootloader unlocked (htcdev)
Rooted with magisk (rootchecker pass)
I Installed v3.5.54 Sunshine app, I had tryed run...
root check passed, pre-test passed
during a full compatibility test the application stops always (permanently)
What can I do, what the problem is?

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Hi anyone!

I would like to set my phone to s-off
On an older device, I successfully did it a few years ago with the sunshine app ($ 25 )
My current device is HTC U11 (HTC_ocnuhl).
Bootloader unlocked (htcdev)
Rooted with magisk (rootchecker pass)
I Installed v3.5.54 Sunshine app, I had tryed run...
root check passed, pre-test passed
during a full compatibility test the application stops always (permanently)
What can I do, what the problem is?
2nd March 2020, 11:35 AM |#5272  

More
Hi,

I have a weird problem and obviously i didn't read over 500 pages of thread so forgive me if someone ask that before.

I have an HTC One E9+ device. It's a spare device so i don't use it at all. There was Android 5.0.2 installed on it with factory settings but i unlock the bootloader via HTC website first and then i root it, installed a TWRP and wiped the phone to the bone for trying some ROM's, just for learn these things. But can't handle to install any mod or stock over adb command line or TWRP. I tried these below but i got an error message about zip fille cannot read or TWRP just restarts itself sometimes. But none of them works:

htc_one_e9+_pure_stock_twrp_1.41.401_10.zip

recovery_HTC_Europe_1.45.401.2.zip

firmware_OTA_A55ML_DTUL_L50_SENSE70_HTC_Europe_1.4 5.401.2.zip

I also tried to install Bindroid but same "cannot read" error happens.

I guess these errors related with S-ON thing. I saw the screen as "software: modified", "unlocked" and "htc_a55ml_dtul PVT S-ON" written. So the phone is not set as S-OFF right now.

As i understand correctly, your software Sunshine works only over an installed OS as apk file. Obviously i cannot run or install any apk because there's no operating system. Is there any way to use your exploit with computer connected "adb" or "fastboot" command line way?

Thanks.
2nd March 2020, 02:20 PM |#5273  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,901

Donate to Me
More
Correct it is an apk, requiring a working or at least bootable device. No sorry, nothing available from us for adb or fastboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvox111

Hi,

I have a weird problem and obviously i didn't read over 500 pages of thread so forgive me if someone ask that before.

I have an HTC One E9+ device. It's a spare device so i don't use it at all. There was Android 5.0.2 installed on it with factory settings but i unlock the bootloader via HTC website first and then i root it, installed a TWRP and wiped the phone to the bone for trying some ROM's, just for learn these things. But can't handle to install any mod or stock over adb command line or TWRP. I tried these below but i got an error message about zip fille cannot read or TWRP just restarts itself sometimes. But none of them works:

I guess these errors related with S-ON thing. I saw the screen as "software: modified", "unlocked" and "htc_a55ml_dtul PVT S-ON" written. So the phone is not set as S-OFF right now.

As i understand correctly, your software Sunshine works only over an installed OS as apk file. Obviously i cannot run or install any apk because there's no operating system. Is there any way to use your exploit with computer connected "adb" or "fastboot" command line way?

Thanks.

2nd March 2020, 04:49 PM |#5274  
Flag Nazareth, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,382

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvox111

Hi,

Thanks.

If what you want is to restore your device to full stock I can't help you but I'll need more information from your bootloader, give me the output

In download mode:

fastboot getvar all

Also same command in bootloader mode

Give me the output in DM since this conversation is not related to sunshine at all
2nd March 2020, 05:32 PM |#5275  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEANRIVERA

If what you want is to restore your device to full stock I can't help you but I'll need more information from your bootloader, give me the output

In download mode:

fastboot getvar all

Also same command in bootloader mode

Give me the output in DM since this conversation is not related to sunshine at all

Thank you so much. I can't find the DM section of this forum so i sent a message to your Twitter account.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)