[29 Oct 2012][Final] Remove Bloatware,Lite-ROM Creator-Windows Base Script Generator

Search This thread

goddamnit

Nov 4, 2010
Lite-Rom Creator cross-phone released .
Please check main thread here.
New version download @ main thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1954547

Screen Shot is N7100 ,but db inside this is N7000

Download link : See attachment

[Inside package ,there is two EXE file
literom-creator.exe : Main Program
DBEdit.exe : Use this if you want to edit entry yourself]

I think it should simple enough to use it yourself

01.jpg

1. Double click on any item that you want to remove
  2. Filter : ALL mean list all / Remove mean list all you have choose to remove / Include mean that will keep in your rom
  3. After select all you want to remove ,click [Export Lite-ROM Script] ,then you will get a file called [fish-literom.TXT]
  4. Place [fish-literom.TXT] in your SDCard .

Now ,move to your phone ,download Script Manager from Market .
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=os.tools.scriptmanager

You MUST browse as ROOT like this.
attachment.php

Browse to fish-literom.TXT ,choose Su
attachment.php

After that ,click Run.
attachment.php

After delete files ,it should have some force close .Ignore it .
Then ,restart your phone .
Finished .Now you may uninstall Script manager as well .

- Remark : File backup to folder /sdcard/fishliterom .If you want to restore ,simple copy file to /system/app ,set premission rw- r-- r-- ,reboot
- I search though XDA ,all the files listed should safe to remove ,if I make any mistake ,please tell me :)
- Hit Thanks if you like this

Release note.
v1.08 Oct 26 2012
Change icon
Layout change
applist.dbf add remote control / change minimode-res.apk details.
Now you can edit the output script by
- Using Editplus (or sth like that) - open
script-begin : Inside this ,you can mount system ,set backup path ,and etc
script-main : main script to delete bloatware .Don't change keyword : #ThisIsApkToRemove that will replace with apk name when output
This two file MUST save as UNIX format

v1.07 Oct 24 2012
Change DB from N7000 to N7100

Attachments

• literomcreator.jpg
    literomcreator.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 3,738
Last edited:

goddamnit

Nov 4, 2010
What is the reason to have a lite rom? For more speed? Only running apps will slow your phone down. Right?

You may check Service @ System tuner locate @ Task manager .
Something like encrypt ,or vpn ,it's seldom use with normal user .
In my case ,I kill ALL samsung app while I flash my new rom .
Everytime I flash a new version of rom ,I need to find it out and delete it one by one .

The point is ,it will cause battery drain

Lite-ROM is using to remove all the things that you never use :D

Some customer roms ,like CriskeloRomNOTE that I use ,it provide a lite rom script .
But it's not lite enough for me .
So I wrote this little program to remove the meaningless program from my phone easily .

Remark : If your phone tuning fine ,speed is not the main problem .
My phone is using abyss 3.6 , SETCPU 500-1400 with uv ,lulzactive ,wake up fast ,battery saving .
But I want to save more juice,
3G on all the day ,Google Latitude on ,all sync on ,whatsapp on ,bluetooth music 3 hours a day ,15 hrs battery.lol

*** Well .. voltage setting ->
500 : 825 mv ,800 : 900 mv ,1G : 975 mv ,1.2G : 1075 mv ,1.4G : 1150mv .
GPU -> lock @ 267 mhz with voltage 800mv using script .

Last edited:

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Sweden
What is the reason to have a lite rom? For more speed? Only running apps will slow your phone down. Right?

My God dude your posts can be so utterly useless sometimes...

There are apps that run certain services in the background while you think they don't. One example of an app is eBay. Thou its not a stock app by some reason that ****ty app wakes the phone from deep sleep and constantly sends internet packages. Of what I wonder... Google maps is the same. Constantly on for what? Useless Samsung wifi and Bluetooth services that u don't even need to have running to have both working...

And lets just mention all the useless Widgets that come with stock. Oh yeah I care SO much about stock markets! Or my favourite news page is AP news.... not. And accuweather is teh best widget out there... it literally sucks about 50MB of ram... waste of resource...

There are many more reasons why u do want a lite version. I would actually call it a way to make the phone the way u want it. Why would you want to change anything? That's apple thinking your after...

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

robertberma

Nov 9, 2010
BLEISWIJK

There are apps that run certain services in the background while you think they don't. One example of an app is eBay. Thou its not a stock app by some reason that ****ty app wakes the phone from deep sleep and constantly sends internet packages. Of what I wonder... Google maps is the same. Constantly on for what? Useless Samsung wifi and Bluetooth services that u don't even need to have running to have both working...

And lets just mention all the useless Widgets that come with stock. Oh yeah I care SO much about stock markets! Or my favourite news page is AP news.... not. And accuweather is teh best widget out there... it literally sucks about 50MB of ram... waste of resource...

There are many more reasons why u do want a lite version. I would actually call it a way to make the phone the way u want it. Why would you want to change anything? That's apple thinking your after...

Well if you read my post correct than this usseless quote whas not needed, running apps are easy to find and you can frees them if you want ore delete. But he whas talking about system apps running ore not. And how to delete them save. 50mb of ram is a waste of resource? You 800 mb of ram my friend so its nothing. This is a galaxy note not xperia x10 with very less ram. 3 hours music and 15 hours batt life is normale for a custom rom with fm ore abyss kernel.

My quastion whas wy to make a rom lite because that whas not explaind in op. Only how to make your rom lite. I like to know why because you can make a thread about something and not explain why this is for than i ask my dumb quastion when i like.

We are not all that smart like you.

And you did not even answerd my quastion too. You talk about ebay google maps and samsung apps and widgets. Even me nows that runs in background and will take juice. Now tell me wich system apps more i can delete without having fc. And that give me hours more juice. Tell me plaece because you must have very lite rom too.

eagleofdeath13

Dec 16, 2010
The best thing is to compile GB from scratch (without anything from Samsung) and try to make everything work with that, and then you'll have the lightest possible rom ^^
(like Cyanogen ^^)

goddamnit

Nov 4, 2010

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 922
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 735
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:
Reactions: RashaMatt

RashaMatt

Jul 5, 2010
Thanks for this very useful tool!

Some feedback:

- After double-clicking a line, the list always goes back to the top - annoying if I am selecting everything on page 3, one at a time!

- In the generated script, the "FILE=" lines all have a space after the opening quote.

- Please add a "Select all" function (and "Select all safe").

- Please implement standard Windows list selections with keyboard (space, shift-cursor, ctrl-home/end, etc).

goddamnit

Nov 4, 2010
- After double-clicking a line, the list always goes back to the top - annoying if I am selecting everything on page 3, one at a time!
Please try to max. the windows , and use filter . Because I gen the list again when select a item ,will try to get rid of this

- In the generated script, the "FILE=" lines all have a space after the opening quote.
I will check this out

- Please add a "Select all" function (and "Select all safe").
I can't comfirm which of them will force close your device ,and some function like TTS (Voice command and etc) is useful for someone but not others ,so ,please check the [safe?] status

- Please implement standard Windows list selections with keyboard (space, shift-cursor, ctrl-home/end, etc)
OK I will add use [Enter] to change kill status at next version

Thank you for your advice :)

Reactions: RashaMatt

marta0604

Dec 27, 2009
*I don't know if I post in right place ?
*My [fish-literom] script is stupid ,I know ,please tell me if I can improve .I'm not famous in Linux platform .
*Please comment if I should move the app_list database outside of exe file ,and let everyone can mod it

What the app do
  • This is a window base program ,that create a script remove build-in Apps
  • Something like VPN ,encrypt and etc will NOT use by normal user ,you can use this script to remove them after flash new rom
What you need
  • a Rooted phone ,System Tuner (Maybe Script Manager can do that ? I don't know).
  • I test this with Samsung Galaxy Note ,but it should work with all android phone
Caution !
  • Do a CWM backup first ,or you may get serious problem with your phone like force close balabala ..
How to use
  • Unzip ,run lite-rom_creator.exe (If there is a update version ,simple get 'exeonly' zip packet ,replace the exe file
  • Select app that you want to remove from your phone ,doubt click to include ,or double click again to exclude .
  • After selection ,click [Export Lite-ROM Script] ,you will get a file [fish-literom.txt] ,put it in your SDCard .Then open System Tuner ,go to terminal ,select fish-literom.txt ,tick SU ,run the script.
  • You may get some Force Close message when running script ,ignore it .
    After that ,reboot your phone ,ENJOY :)
  • Beta version ,please report bug
  • Hit thanks if you like this
  • You can live well with stock rom without remove any app ,so please leave this app alone if you think that lite rom is not what you need .
Download Link : http://sites.google.com/site/literomcreator/Lite-ROMCreatorPublicv1.03.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Hi I have a question: but after I reboot the apk that I have killed do not start by themselves?

trinev

Dec 13, 2011
robertma your posts hurt my eyes, try to learn a little more of english or have a dictionary near when you write, maybe even google translate from your own language would be a better option.

In fact this kind of script playing is nice but in order to remove apps from a rom It is much simpler opening the ROM zip, go to System/app/ and remove from there the apk's that you don't won't or need, before flashing.

removing apps migh not guarantee more speed wich by the way is unnecesary in this device but why to have them if you don't use them. I used to have a folder called "never used" now I don't have to, since I just remove those I don't want quickly, before flashing, and in one songle step, ctrl + click on each of the apk's inside winrar and delete... Done

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Sweden
Sure as hell can increase battery life. And make the device snappier.

| KingDroid v4.0.0 + AbyssNote v3.6 Powered Galaxy Note | Tapatalk |

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lite-Rom Creator cross-phone released .
    Please check main thread here.
    New version download @ main thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1954547

Screen Shot is N7100 ,but db inside this is N7000

Download link : See attachment

[Inside package ,there is two EXE file
    literom-creator.exe : Main Program
    DBEdit.exe : Use this if you want to edit entry yourself]

I think it should simple enough to use it yourself

01.jpg

1. Double click on any item that you want to remove
    2. Filter : ALL mean list all / Remove mean list all you have choose to remove / Include mean that will keep in your rom
    3. After select all you want to remove ,click [Export Lite-ROM Script] ,then you will get a file called [fish-literom.TXT]
    4. Place [fish-literom.TXT] in your SDCard .

Now ,move to your phone ,download Script Manager from Market .
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=os.tools.scriptmanager

You MUST browse as ROOT like this.
    attachment.php

Browse to fish-literom.TXT ,choose Su
    attachment.php

After that ,click Run.
    attachment.php

After delete files ,it should have some force close .Ignore it .
    Then ,restart your phone .
    Finished .Now you may uninstall Script manager as well .

- Remark : File backup to folder /sdcard/fishliterom .If you want to restore ,simple copy file to /system/app ,set premission rw- r-- r-- ,reboot
    - I search though XDA ,all the files listed should safe to remove ,if I make any mistake ,please tell me :)
    - Hit Thanks if you like this

Release note.
    v1.08 Oct 26 2012
    Change icon
    Layout change
    applist.dbf add remote control / change minimode-res.apk details.
    Now you can edit the output script by
    - Using Editplus (or sth like that) - open
    script-begin : Inside this ,you can mount system ,set backup path ,and etc
    script-main : main script to delete bloatware .Don't change keyword : #ThisIsApkToRemove that will replace with apk name when output
    This two file MUST save as UNIX format

v1.07 Oct 24 2012
    Change DB from N7000 to N7100

You may check Service @ System tuner locate @ Task manager .
    Something like encrypt ,or vpn ,it's seldom use with normal user .
    In my case ,I kill ALL samsung app while I flash my new rom .
    Everytime I flash a new version of rom ,I need to find it out and delete it one by one .

The point is ,it will cause battery drain

Lite-ROM is using to remove all the things that you never use :D

Some customer roms ,like CriskeloRomNOTE that I use ,it provide a lite rom script .
    But it's not lite enough for me .
    So I wrote this little program to remove the meaningless program from my phone easily .

Remark : If your phone tuning fine ,speed is not the main problem .
    My phone is using abyss 3.6 , SETCPU 500-1400 with uv ,lulzactive ,wake up fast ,battery saving .
    But I want to save more juice,
    3G on all the day ,Google Latitude on ,all sync on ,whatsapp on ,bluetooth music 3 hours a day ,15 hrs battery.lol

*** Well .. voltage setting ->
    500 : 825 mv ,800 : 900 mv ,1G : 975 mv ,1.2G : 1075 mv ,1.4G : 1150mv .
    GPU -> lock @ 267 mhz with voltage 800mv using script .
    thanks for the application...relay works well and eases my lot of work as i am flasholic...
    tried one more time and it is not really deleting....can i delete apps using your script through CWM

Have you tick 'SU' before run the script with system tuner ? You need to give root permission to script first .
    I have tested it with script manager ,with su ,work fine ,too .

Or please post a screen shot .
    robertma your posts hurt my eyes, try to learn a little more of english or have a dictionary near when you write, maybe even google translate from your own language would be a better option.

In fact this kind of script playing is nice but in order to remove apps from a rom It is much simpler opening the ROM zip, go to System/app/ and remove from there the apk's that you don't won't or need, before flashing.

removing apps migh not guarantee more speed wich by the way is unnecesary in this device but why to have them if you don't use them. I used to have a folder called "never used" now I don't have to, since I just remove those I don't want quickly, before flashing, and in one songle step, ctrl + click on each of the apk's inside winrar and delete... Done