Just got TouchWiz update on 10.1 WiFi

Search This thread

t3rabyte

Oct 10, 2010
I did my daily software update check from Settings > About Tablet > Software Update.

After having the box sit on the screen for about 10 minutes it said I had an update. After a reboot I'm good to go! Booya.

Edit: After reboot - Device updated to version P7510UEKM7

njfoses

Jun 4, 2010
S Jersey
I did my daily software update check from Settings > About Tablet > Software Update.

After having the box sit on the screen for about 10 minutes it said I had an update. After a reboot I'm good to go! Booya.

Stock rom rooted, running pershoot's kernel no update available on 16gb wifi.

Last edited:

praetorrian

Oct 5, 2010
I just checked on my stock not rooted wifi tab and it shows no updates availble. Im in the states too not Europe.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

njfoses

Jun 4, 2010
S Jersey
This thread shows how slow the gtab 10.1 forums really are. One hour later with barely any replies confirming or denying. If this was an htc, motorola or asus tab update this thread would be exploding.

z31k

Nov 15, 2010
Houston Tx
Going to check for upgrade when I get home. I have a io edition... Can't wait till I get home... :-/

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

Berner

Jun 6, 2010
Chicago
This thread shows how slow the gtab 10.1 forums really are. One hour later with barely any replies confirming or denying. If this was an htc, motorola or asus tab update this thread would be exploding.

The general forum is a cesspool of bad information and rumors. If you believed everything posted in this forum, then your wifi Tab would have a hidden micro SD card reader inside.

No pix; no confirmation. No update manifest posted; no confirmation. No root-safe version posted in the dev forum; just chill out and wait.

(Note: this isn't a commentary on the OP -- just general observation.)

(P.S. Accepting an OTA update on an Android device is a good way to permanently lose root. Never, never, never accept an OTA if you want to keep root. Wait for the update to be analyzed, and if necessary rooted and posted as a flashable ROM.)

deficitism

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2007
The general forum is a cesspool of bad information and rumors. If you believed everything posted in this forum, then your wifi Tab would have a hidden micro SD card reader inside.

No pix; no confirmation. No update manifest posted; no confirmation. No root-safe version posted in the dev forum; just chill out and wait.

This right here.

kirdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Seattle
Can someone tell me how the hell you sign up for a samsung account in the system update page? I already have a samsung account when i try that it gives wrong password error. I know im giving the right password as i logged in successfully thru samsung website. I tried creating new id but it gives processing failed error.

t3rabyte

Oct 10, 2010
Can you post a screen shot?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

Sure thing. Here's a couple shots.

sc20110721184257.jpg

sc20110721184305.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/sc20110721184257.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/sc20110721184305.jpg/

Last edited:

t3rabyte

Oct 10, 2010
Can someone tell me how the hell you sign up for a samsung account in the system update page? I already have a samsung account when i try that it gives wrong password error. I know im giving the right password as i logged in successfully thru samsung website. I tried creating new id but it gives processing failed error.

This happened to me for like the first two weeks of owning my Tab. Somehow, I got in. And on a side note, I almost always see a crash dialog box when I boot up saying that samsung update crashed.

kirdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Seattle

I know this is the slowest forum i have been. This is a great tab and i don't know why there are not that many people buying or atleast in the forums. May be something to do with lots of android tablets available now and also this is the most expensive android tablet currently.

pmsrefugee

Jun 11, 2010
I read in a recent post a way to get logged in to the samsung account. It was only a couple of days back.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

thatdude90210

Jul 2, 2011

Couple of threads about that issue, with some solutions:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1176288
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1169421

Original subject- 16gb stock 3.1 but rooted, I'm getting a "no update available"

Reactions: kirdroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

build.prop:
    -------------------------

# begin build properties
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
    ro.build.id=HMJ37
    ro.build.display.id=HMJ37.UEKM7
    ro.build.version.incremental=UEKM7
    ro.build.version.sdk=12
    ro.build.version.codename=REL
    ro.build.version.release=3.1
    ro.build.date=Tue Jul 12 22:59:28 KST 2011
    ro.build.date.utc=1310479168
    ro.build.type=user
    ro.build.user=se.infra
    ro.build.host=SEP-24
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.model=GT-P7510
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=GT-P7510
    ro.product.device=GT-P7510
    ro.product.board=GT-P7510
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.product.locale.language=en
    ro.product.locale.region=GB
    ro.wifi.channels=
    ro.board.platform=tegra
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
    ro.build.product=GT-P7510
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
    ro.build.description=GT-P7510-user 3.1 HMJ37 UEKM7 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-P7510/GT-P7510:3.1/HMJ37/UEKM7:user/release-keys
    ro.build.characteristics=tablet,nosdcard
    # Samsung Specific Properties
    ro.build.PDA=P7510UEKM7
    ro.build.hidden_ver=P7510UEKM7
    ro.build.changelist=371140
    ro.build.buildtag=jenkins-HUDSON_GA_HONEYCOMB_P4-WIFI-TW_USA-BESTBUY-242
    # end build properties
    #
    # system.prop for P3
    #

ro.opengles.version = 131072
    wifi.interface=eth0
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libsec-ril-apalone.so
    rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttys0
    keyguard.no_require_sim=yes

# Samsung Tvout Service
    ro.sectvout.enable=0
    #
    # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
    #
    ro.config.ringtone=S_Minimal_tone.ogg
    ro.config.notification_sound=S_On_time.ogg
    ro.config.alarm_alert=Good_Morning.ogg
    dev.sfbootcomplete=0
    dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=5m
    dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=64m
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=288m
    ro.secdevenc=true
    ro.carrier=wifi-only
    drm.service.enabled=true
    ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
    ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=1
    ro.com.google.gmsversion=3.1_r2
    ro.error.receiver.system.apps=com.google.android.feedback
    ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
    ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
    ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-samsung
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
    net.bt.name=Android
    dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
    Hmm - ok, well try this link. If it doesn't like it I'll send it up to multiupload later tonight:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24053267/tools.zip

As for being a troll, I expect personal apologies from all of you.

I kid.
    ROMs are up in the Dev section
    Are you rooted? I assume that in order to get this, you have to be running stock ota 3.1 right?

I was not rooted. Total stock right out of the box.