• June 28th

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • July 2nd

Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

stevesprivateaccount

May 9, 2007
Believe it or not, I'll be down in TX visiting Samsung Mobile, next week. I've already told them that I should be coming down with my S3 in hand, but I'm guessing that I won't have it buy then. I'll see if I can get any information, but in reality, the people I am meeting with are Android developers and not related to the logistics side of the house.

We'll see if I can't get some real information as to what went on, I'll give specifics of my trip to people who PM me, but due to the business relationship I have with Samsung, I don't want to give too many public details of my trip, including dates.

If it helps to prove credability, I'll post a picture to XDA while I'm down there. I should note this is one of my first times going to see these folks in person, although they've been a customer for a couple years.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
i just replied to that email for fun ..........

You fools better wave the $36 activation fee after this horse**** launch.

They should. I'd be happy with that!

I also just got off the phone with Sprint order department (theyre transferring all s3 calls to them now) and they've told me that Samsung hasn't delivered the 32gb ones yet. And will ship them out when they receive them. 9 yr experience with sprint tells me not to believe anything they say but I think this time around this is probably true. But even though it's technically not their fault I hope they compensate us by waving activation fee at the least.

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Sprint has *SOME* 32GB models in stock. If reviewers are able to get a Sprint branded 32GB model then it stands to reason that there are at least a few of them in stock.

Pay attention to this line of the AndroidCentral review of the Sprint SGS3: "As for storage, Sprint's offering 16- and 32-gigabyte versions. We've got the 32GB version here, and Samsung has split the storage at 12GB as internal "phone storage" (for installing apps and whatever else you want), and another 12GB that's recognized as an internal SD card."

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii-review

fatboypup

Jul 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
www.myspace.com
Sprint has *SOME* 32GB models in stock. If reviewers are able to get a Sprint branded 32GB model then it stands to reason that there are at least a few of them in stock.

Pay attention to this line of the AndroidCentral review of the Sprint SGS3: "As for storage, Sprint's offering 16- and 32-gigabyte versions. We've got the 32GB version here, and Samsung has split the storage at 12GB as internal "phone storage" (for installing apps and whatever else you want), and another 12GB that's recognized as an internal SD card."

so I might be glad we got the 32 now ..... :silly:

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
So I'm optimistic that Sprint is playing it safe with their estimate of next week. Seems like the worst possible thing to happen at this point* would be to tell customers that the phone will be delayed even longer, I can't imagine Sprint would want to put themselves in this situation.

*Actually, the worst possible thing would be for Apple to get an injunction of the SGS3 banning all sales before I get mine.

As far as 12GB for apps... holy flurking schnit!

ken830

Nov 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
Wait... Am I missing something? Why is this a good thing? Shouldn't the 32GB version have way more than 12GB of internal storage? This is Ice Cream Sandwich with MTP. I was expecting the 32GB version to have around 28GB of internal storage for apps. If half of it is partitioned out to be an internal SD card, then there's no benefit over buying the 16GB version and adding a 16GB MicroSD Card.

Right!?!? :confused:

Adam_v1

Dec 18, 2006
Colorado Springs

Actually I think there is a good chance that Samsung is the one who sent the reviewers the phones and not the carriers themselves. Noticed how every reviewer got 2 phones so they could play with the Samsung specific stuff like S-Beam and Groupcast? They could easily be leftover test units from before production ramped up.

I honestly think the delay is pretty much totally Samsung's fault although Sprint probably could have been better on its communication about the issue. They might not have much to work with though, Samsung is likely being vague on its promises at this point. I imagine the 32GB preorders got closed when Samsung gave them hints that they were having trouble making enough and then Samsung blew the delivery date as well.

So I would say that Verizon looks like the smart one this time around by holding off while all the other carriers tried to put the release as close as possible to Samsung's estimate on when they could deliver the phones.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007

So where would game data be stored? Either way that sucks. Thats the reason I opted for the 32gb so I can have more room for game data and not be limited to 12gb.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

CapsLockKey

Sep 17, 2010
So where would game data be stored? Either way that sucks. Thats the reason I opted for the 32gb so I can have more room for game data and not be limited to 12gb.

Usually game data goes to the SD card, so I'd imagine the initial app would go to phone storage and the larger game file that you download would go to the SD partition.

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Wait... Am I missing something? Why is this a good thing? Shouldn't the 32GB version have way more than 12GB of internal storage? This is Ice Cream Sandwich with MTP. I was expecting the 32GB version to have around 28GB of internal storage for apps. If half of it is partitioned out to be an internal SD card, then there's no benefit over buying the 16GB version and adding a 16GB MicroSD Card.

Right!?!? :confused:

12gb for apps is reason enough!

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Usually game data goes to the SD card, so I'd imagine the initial app would go to phone storage and the larger game file that you download would go to the SD partition.

Youre probably right so there was no reason for me to switch my order to the 32gb. Lost out on getting a 16gb early cause I switched, then the storage thing, and now I'm probably gonna exchange it again once I get the 32gb. I could use the extra $50 on accessories instead.

K.0.0.L.

Jun 16, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I just chat with Jessica and she escalate the chat to her supervisor. He told me to check my email on friday night but does not guarantee.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I just chat with Jessica and she escalate the chat to her supervisor. He told me to check my email on friday night but does not guarantee.

If I was a sprint rep I would say no guarantee also so you cant use it against me later if you dont see anything. I work in tech support and i say "it should" a lot if we dont have a concrete answer so customers cant call back and get mad at us.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will drown 10 puppies in my bathtub every night I don't get this phone this week
    Can you take a screenshot of the internal memory? Someone is saying that they split the memory, partitioning to 12gb and 12gb.

Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

just got mine woot. Heres the memory. I guess its not split?
    d1ac6b62-475c-af04.jpg

First - The original HTC Evo had a 6 week wait.

Second - Samsung is the reason for the wait, not Sprint. Sprint just has not been communicating well with it's customers, but non-the-less, Sprint is not the reason you haven't gotten your our 32GB phones yet. Also, the other Carriers have been having the similar 'lack of communication' issues as Sprint.i have some friends with different carriers who are saying the same stuff you guys are.

Follow up: Just give it a little more time, it's coming.

I ordered my EVO 4G on 6/30/2010, had it in hand Monday 7/5/2010. That's only four weeks out from release and they were already at normal shipping rates. What delay?

At any rate, a delay is nothing new when launching a sought after product. It's the lack of decent communication that burns my butt. Sending an email with the subject line "Your Galaxy S III is almost here" telling about a delay is a crappy thing to do. I imagine the marketing goofs that came up with this punching kittens and kicking puppies to prepare for the meeting where this steaming turd of crap dropped in the punchbowl everyone was drinking from.

If you're going to delay, fine, but use a decent subject line like "HAHA! Got your money", or "Hey, you know that phone you wanted?...BACKORDER"
    This is our area to vent so we don't post in all the other threads about how much we wish we had ours.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
    According to a CSR at Samsung, all phones have shipped to Sprint according to Sprint's demand, including the 32GB models. Hopefully he knew what he was talking about and this means that the phones will go out within the next few days.