[RECOVERY] TWRP touch recovery 2.8.5.0 [HTC Dumlock for S-ON]

Search This thread

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
Need to get back to stock from twrp 2.5 w dumlock. Long story short, I was given a Rezound last year by a friend then I upgraded to Galaxy S4 and now my friend's mom needs the Rezound bc her phone is acting up. I need to get back to stock ASAP but I think Dumlock has thrown me for a loop when trying to fastboot oem lock before I run RUU.exe. Can someone walk me through please?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Have you tried just installing the RUU zip via your bootloader instead of using the .exe on your PC? Unless you upgraded to the latest OTA firmware, that would return it to stock...

rgnicholas

Dec 22, 2012
the Volunteer State
Xiaomi Mi A3
Thanks Flyhalf for the update! I just flashed it and on my Rez, it seems much more responsive to the touch commands... smoother. In my case, the "home" button was not working unless I pressed it pretty hard. Now it is smooth and works better. Maybe just a small thing but it is noticeable. Thanks for your work on this recovery. I have tried them all but now it looks like I will be with TWRP for the long haul. ;)

rgnicholas

Dec 22, 2012
the Volunteer State
Xiaomi Mi A3
Good morning Flyhalf... a question please. This morning I was doing a backup in the new version of TWRP and noticed that the option to rename the backup was not there. Of course, I can do this later but I just wondered if you might put this option back in later or maybe it caused issues in the app? Thanks!

Mindrocket

Mar 5, 2012
West Middlesex PA
Good morning Flyhalf... a question please. This morning I was doing a backup in the new version of TWRP and noticed that the option to rename the backup was not there. Of course, I can do this later but I just wondered if you might put this option back in later or maybe it caused issues in the app? Thanks!

It's at the top off the backup screen now. Threw me for a second too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Reactions: lepa71 and gleggie

tigerxchaos

Aug 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
Hey all.
I had to replace my phone. The replacement is all rooted, S-OFFed, with TWRP 2.6 installed from this thread.
For some reason, it's not seeing any of the nandroid backups I made from my old phone, which had 2.5.
Any idea what might be going on here? I can use file manager to view the original nandroids on the SD card, but the "restore" screen isn't seeing any of them.

Thanks!

EDIT: Think I figured it out. TWRP had created a new folder on the new phone and wasn't looking in the prior one. I had to copy a nandroid over from the old folder to the new one in order to get it to see the backup. After moving the nandroid, TWRP allowed me to restore it. Seems to be running okay on the new phone.

Last edited:

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Hey all.
I had to replace my phone. The replacement is all rooted, S-OFFed, with TWRP 2.6 installed from this thread.
For some reason, it's not seeing any of the nandroid backups I made from my old phone, which had 2.5.
Any idea what might be going on here? I can use file manager to view the original nandroids on the SD card, but the "restore" screen isn't seeing any of them.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly. Are you restoring from the internal or external storage?

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Had kind of a goofy thing happen. I had been using Twrp since at least intermittently June, my last back up was July 1st. I tried to back up yesterday, and it kept failing. Got an error saying it couldn't mount E:/ sdcard/twrp/backup.

Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk 2

DCnovicky

Jun 13, 2010
@Flyhalf205

what exactly does the cleanwipe script wipe in comparison to the options available in twrp avanced wipe list? is it everything but external sd and... ?

Icedice34

Apr 19, 2012
Hey all, I'm still s-on, and like the idea of this HTC dumlock. Sounds to me I can flash roms without a computer using it, is that correct? I'm still using Amon ra, but feel it's time to change.

Can I just download the PH98img.zip, place on root of SD card, reboot to recovery and flash, or do I have to use a computer to get this on my phone?

Thanks!

Sent from my Rezound on TRON 2.1 using xda app-developers app

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Hey all, I'm still s-on, and like the idea of this HTC dumlock. Sounds to me I can flash roms without a computer using it, is that correct? I'm still using Amon ra, but feel it's time to change.

Can I just download the PH98img.zip, place on root of SD card, reboot to recovery and flash, or do I have to use a computer to get this on my phone?

Thanks!

Sent from my Rezound on TRON 2.1 using xda app-developers app

I did the zip install when I updated from 2.5.0.0 to 2.6.0.0 no issues. I think you should be fine. I never used the dumlock feature yet though

Sent from my Infected Rezound using xda app-developers app

SirGatez

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Seattle, FL
Am I missing something or is TWRP only backing up android secure from internal sdcard which is fine for sense but aosp uses extsd meaning apps in android secure are not backed up. Thanks!

Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk 2

jagrave

Jan 31, 2011
I just flashed this using the ph file. I haven't flashed a Rom yet but I've looked around, and coming from amonra the touch screen interface is NICE. :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Key Features:
    • Ability to save custom recovery settings
    • Default partitions to back up
    • Default zip folder location
    • Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to ffolkes!)
    • Default Time Zone (for more accurate time stamps)
    • Zip Signature Verification
    • Zip md5 Verification (looks for file with zipname.zip.md5)
    • Ability to flash multiple zips in one go
    • Ability to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
    • Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
    • Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. EVO3D's stock system uncompressed is ~800mb, 380mb compressed. You choose.
    • Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash (for CM based ROMS)
    • Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
    • Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
    • Home - Main Menu
    • Menu - Advanced Menu
    • Back - Up a Menu Level
    • Search - Select Current Selection
    • Battery Level and Timestamp (Better safe than sorry)

HTC Dumlock Instructions for S-ON Users:
    1. Reboot into recovery.
    2. Make a backup of your phone. (preferably your boot)
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Tap HTC Dumlock. (If you don't see HTC Dumlock then you need to remove any custom TWRP theme that you might be using.)
    5. Tap Install HTC Dumlock. This will install the app and binaries needed to make everything work nicely.
    6. Reboot your device.
    7. Find and open the HTC Dumlock app.
    8. If/when prompted, give the app root (SuperUser) permissions.
    9. Tap the Execute HTC Dumlock button.
    10. Wait patiently for a couple of minutes. It takes a little while.
    11. *IMPORTANT *Use some type of explorer and navigate to /sdcard/TWRP. Copy the "htcdumlock" folder to /sdcard2/TWRP. Create the TWRP on /sdcard2 if needed. This step is a one time deal. Shouldn't have to do this every time before flashing.
    12. If your device doesn't reboot automatically, reboot it manually. Reboot it normally. DO NOT reboot it to recovery.
    13. You should now be in your recovery, but your recovery is flashed into boot.
    14. Tap Advanced.
    15. Tap HTC Dumlock.
    16. Tap Restore Original Boot.
    17. Use your recovery like normal. Flash a new kernel. Restore a backup with a different kernel. Do whatever you please!
    Note, you must repeat steps 9 through 17 EVERY TIME you need to flash boot. You should be able to skip step 11 after you have done it once.

Flyhalf205 Custom Built Downloads:
    TWRP 2.8.0.1F
    Mirror 1: http://flyhalf205.com/recoveries/openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.1F-vigor.img

Official TWRP Downloads:
    http://dl.twrp.me/vigor/

Clean Wipe Script:
    Find the clean wipe script that works with TWRP 2.4.3.0+
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38808921&postcount=122
    TWRP v2.5.0.0 is out! Whats new:
    • Added scrollable partition lists for mount, backup, restore, wipe, and storage selection
    • Add new SliderValue GUI element for selecting brightness and screen timeout (thanks to Tassadar)
    • Re-work AOSP and TWRP code to improve license compatibility between GPL and Apache
    • Added official theme for 1080x1920 portrait devices (HTC DNA, HTC Butterfly, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z, etc)
    • Fixed a problem with directory permissions on split archive backups
    • Fixed a problem with md5 verification of backups
    • Added a search function to libtar (thanks to kokotas)
    • Improve handling of XML errors (fix permissions)
    • Fixed handling of subpartitions
    • Improvements to recovery.fstab flags
    • Fixed a problem with decryption not being able to locate the decryption key in some situations
    • Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, the changes in 2.5.0.0 will likely not be compatible with your theme.
    2.4.2.0 is up. If you have 2.4.0.0 or 2.4.1.0 I urge you to update!

Whats new in 2.4.2.0:
    • Add screen timeout - screen will turn off automatically after 60 seconds, saves battery and prevents screen burn-in especially on AMOLED devices
    • Add a brightness setting (requires device specific setup and only some devices have been added)
      [*]Add a root checker and offer to install SuperSU if the device isn't already rooted
    • Add a write buffer to libtar backups, significant improvements to speeds when backing up to exFAT target, minor improvements for other file systems
      [*]Check and offer to fix root permissions if broken
    • Add an option for a 24 hour clock display instead of AM/PM (aka military time)
    • Move stock recovery reflash check to occur during the reboot cycle
    • Add support for some MTK6xxx devices
    • Change libtar to vfork to help prevent memory problems
    • Add a "clicked" effect to most buttons, file selector, and listbox
    • Improve timezone listbox to be more like file selector (per pixel kinetic scrolling, etc)
    • Remove some no longer used settings (Forced MD5 sum on zips, size checking on image backups)
    • Other minor bugfixes and improvements
    2.4.3.0 is up. It can now be downloaded through Goo Manager since it's officially supported by TWRP even though it isn't showing up on their website. Download link for manual flash is listed in OP.

I was a little slow to get the Rezound added to the website but it should be showing up now. Thanks to Flyhalf205 for helping us add the Rezound to official TWRP support.
    Update 2.3.2.3

Okay guys. Updated to 2.3.2.3. VR Themes should work now! :D Let me know if you have any problems.