Atrix HD audio problem

Search This thread

srijithn

Aug 18, 2012
Pune
I have been using Atrix HD MB886 -unlocked- in India for nearly an year now

But Since CM11 M7 build - i have been facing wierd battery drain and problems with Audio(earpiece,speaker and headset)

I then flashed factory image

MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886
and also got updated to
98.4.20.MB886.ATT.en.US (latest OTA)

But the audio problem is still there

Ever since, the speaker sound and all the system sounds, including ringtones, call volume, etc go off by themselves randomly, so I can't hear anything when the phone rings, If by chance I pick up a call while in this state, I can't hear a word the person on the other side utters, but that person does hear me clearly.

Restarting the phone,the sound works perfectly, until for some unknown reason it goes off, and I have to repeat the whole process.

Reading through forums on the web, some people who have had the same problems report improvements and some very few even report having obtained solution to this persisting issue after installing the app "SoundAbout" from google play store. But no use for me.

I have tried nearly all ROMS for Atrix by now - but no relief.

Any fixes., ????!!!!!

darylemmanuel

Mar 19, 2014
Goa
im having the exact same problem with my atrix. Tried multiple roms incuding flashing back to stock. I assumed it was a hardware issue but restarting the phone fixes it. Iv also noticed sometimes the sound comes back by itself after a while, even without a reboot. I played songs with the audio muted for a continuous 8hrs and the sound was fine all the while. Anyone else have the same issue or possible reasons what might be causing this..???

karan1778

Oct 28, 2012
HW problem

Hi, this is most likely a hardware issue.
I had same problem sometimes. When I hit the phone, at the top (not furiously), it started working again.
Most likely loose connection with speaker terminals.
you can open it and pull the speaker connectors.