Real VGA

Search This thread

albertorrent

Aug 28, 2007
thanks a lot !!!

I can use the french language with the new WM6 released by kozhura for hx4700 now without waiting for a french rom.

I tried the 96 and 128 dpi but some software didn't work with it so I stay with the 192dpi

lukeap69

Aug 19, 2006
Dubai
thanks tobias for this release. 96 dpi is really small but i am hapy with it now because the htc home plugin works fine with this res.

one thing i've noticed whicle syncing with exchange, the icon at the bottom right portion is only showing partial.

By the way, i am using jasjar not athena.

cheers

avalon.

Sep 6, 2007
Hello Tobias,

works good with ma IPAQ 4700 with kozhura's WM5, thanks a lot ! :) :)

Edit:
EXEL ist never running with GermanLanguageFile, in StartMenu RecentProgramms (zuletzt verwendet) keeps empty.......

Greetings Uwe
I use iPAQ hx4700 and kozhura's WM6 Classic Rel3 and have the same problem with Excel and the start menu recent programs dosn't exist.

tobias.waldvogel

Nov 2, 2006
I use iPAQ hx4700 and kozhura's WM6 Classic Rel3 and have the same problem with Excel and the start menu recent programs dosn't exist.
I did extensive testing on the HTC Advantage and the Emulators supplied and had the same problems with Excel in the beginning but they are included in the current release. It might be that you are not using an official release and some entries are different. I could provide you a fix if you send a registry dump as PM. (Use your favourite registry editor)

tobias.waldvogel

Nov 2, 2006
This looks like it is going to help but I have run into a small snag. I do not have the following keys:

HKLM\ControlPanel\MyCPL\0
HKLM\ControlPanel\MyCPL\1

All I have in HKLM\ControlPanel\MyCPL is a 11 key.

Did this just not install correctly or do I need a different Registry editor (currently using the Resco version.)

Thanks again for the help.

Look for entries with strings like "power" and "backlight". The entries may vary on different devices.

albertorrent

Aug 28, 2007

Il had the same probleme with excel with my 4700 under WM6.

So I tried to uninstal all the aplication : realvga, and my language package.

when I uninstaled the language package, the hx4700 started to reboot before finishing the uninstallation.

now it is stuck in rebooting in soft reset mode.

I tried to soft reset it many times but it is still stuck.

I tried to do hard reset to but it does nothing.

Each time it starts to reboot and stay bloqued on th first page :
"HP IPAQ POCKET PC"

So I tried to reflach the ROM but as it is stuck , it cannot connect at all with my computer.

Please help me I don't knowhow to do now.

and an advice for those having problem with excel with your hx4700 :

don't try to uninstall realvga and the package, do a hard reset to get a clean machine to avoid such problems.

I'm waiting for any help as i tried every thing I know now.
:( :( :(

albertorrent

Aug 28, 2007
ok more fear than hurt !!:eek:

I finaly managed to perform a hard reset by pressing ITASK+MAIL+reset,

the machine asked me if I wanted to perform a hard reset and clen all data And I said yes.

As I did a backup with spb Backup befor installing real vga, my machnie is clean as before.

I think I gonna wait a litle to see other experiments on hx4700with WM6 before to try this soft again.:rolleyes: ;)

tobias.waldvogel

Nov 2, 2006
I tried to do hard reset to but it does nothing.
Are you really sure that you did a hard reset?

I should be CONTACTS+EMAIL+RESET and then CALENDAR. I read that other people had to do it two or three times to solve an issue with another program.

don't try to uninstall realvga and the package, do a hard reset to get a clean machine to avoid such problems.

What you should do is switch back to English before uninstalling a language pack. Then you shoudn't run into any problems. The same is true for the DPI packs. If you want to uninstall them switch back to 192dpi first, just in case.

Any a real hard resets your device to the factory settings. RealVGA (o any other program) is not able to write any changes which would survive a hard reset.
As you can imagine I faced this situation several times during the tests until the stable release version.

As I told you before it would help if you can send me a registry dump of your device. It doesn't matter if with or without RealVGA installed. Then I can release a new version where the Excel issue on your device is fixed

tobias.waldvogel

Nov 2, 2006
thanks tobias for this release. 96 dpi is really small but i am hapy with it now because the htc home plugin works fine with this res.

one thing i've noticed whicle syncing with exchange, the icon at the bottom right portion is only showing partial.

By the way, i am using jasjar not athena.

cheers

I have noticed that. But as it is a minor cosmetic issue have given it low priority.
I also prefer 96dpi because you get more stuff on the screen. I wanted to have a big screen to fit more content not because I'm blind :D

eaglesteve

Apr 7, 2007
Sydney
I have some erros with it. for example when i go to clock & alarms it says No Program Memory Avalible. ( it works now )
but i have another problem every time i open media player it freezez. i mean i have to soft reset for it to work

has any one had this problem?

I tried it on my device,but could but produce these two errors. I use the official DOPOD July 27 ROM, but I'm not sure this is the cause.

Regards.

eaglesteve

Apr 7, 2007
Sydney
Thank you so much for this!:D

I did find two things you might want to look at:

The Brightness and Power settings show all bunched together the Sliders are all off in 96px.

I don't think it is too big of a deal but others might find them an issue.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Strange, mine power and light adjustment setting are perfect in all resolution, both when selected from htc homeplug as well as from start/system/backlight . No issue at all on mine.

eaglesteve

Apr 7, 2007
Sydney
The reason is that HTC added custom applications for power and backlight settings. As a quick fix you can revert to the original WM6 applications, which look good at any DPI setting.

Delete the follwing registry branches:

HKLM\ControlPanel\Backlight
HKLM\ControlPanel\Power
HKLM\ControlPanel\MyCPL\0
HKLM\ControlPanel\MyCPL\1

And now reboot your device (using a program or the power button. NOT using the reset button on the back because that doesn't commit the cache)

Tobias and all,

I have been wondering why I don't have these problem.

I recall however that when I install Tobias's application, I did NOT have the HTC homeplug in the today screen. I wonder would I have got into the same issue as others have if the homeplug was running during installation?

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005
Brilliant application...

Absolutely brilliant work Tobias. We love what you have achieved with this app.

lmf_slacker

Jun 17, 2005
128 works well except Spb Phonesuite the icons for mail and sms wouldnt show, comm manager messed up still, nil icon for the program yet, will test further and feedback... Thanks for the work tobias!

albertorrent

Aug 28, 2007
Are you really sure that you did a hard reset?

I should be CONTACTS+EMAIL+RESET and then CALENDAR. I read that other people had to do it two or three times to solve an issue with another program.

Your right, in fact I discovered after this try that the hard reset has change since WM5 and above :

http://thinkabdul.com/2006/04/21/hard-reset-hx4700-with-windows-mobile-5/

so when I tried to do a hard reset I simply did a soft reset.

finaly I did it by trying any touch and it worked.

As I told you before it would help if you can send me a registry dump of your device. It doesn't matter if with or without RealVGA installed. Then I can release a new version where the Excel issue on your device is fixed

ok how to do ?

Last edited:

Mahmood

works really well on my universal but after applying the vga128, windows media does not work

windows media works. Choose the normal VGA (192) and then restart and then open windows media player and then play a playlist. after that go and change the resolution again to 128 and restaart and then pen windows media player and it will work.

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
FIRST patch to comm manager...

I discovered pBar, 1.4 last version, VGA and VM6 support, Flight Mode, BT on/off/discoverable, Wireless on/off support , shortcuts, reset, power off, screen off system info and many other features.
Freeware, much better than HTC Xbutton...

Here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=284952

TwistedUT

Sep 5, 2007
Utah
Look for entries with strings like "power" and "backlight". The entries may vary on different devices.

I couldn't find them. Anyway, I reset to factory default and reloaded Real VGA, then fixed the settings to how I like them and then switched to 96px. It is running good at the moment so no complaints. I guess this may just be an issue with the Axim.

tobias.waldvogel

Nov 2, 2006
Issues with Excel on IPaq devices

!!!! Applies only to the cooked ROM for the IPaq !!!!

It has turned out that the ROM you are using has different version of the office mobile applications than delivered with the original WM6 ROMs. Therefore the localized versions of officeres.dll do not fit for your ROMs. I will check if there is a chance to release a special version for your ROM but I suppose it will be quite difficult.
Anyway you can use the following workaround in the meanwhile

- Switch back to English
- Delete the file \windows\officeres.dll.0407.mui (for German). For other languges you have replace 0407 with the respective language ID.
- Switch back to your desired language

Most part of the Office applications will stay in English but at least they run.

!!!! Applies only to the cooked ROM for the IPaq !!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the new Real VGA release.
    With Real VGA you can change the DPI setting and the language of any WM6 base deivce. Install the desired packages and the Real VGA package.
    Later on I will release some device specific Add-On to support the programs added by HTC for example.

If you get a warning about missing DLLs report them in the next message in this thread. Please edit this thread instead of posting your own list because otherwise it will be very hard to track.

The DPI packs are available for 96dpi and 128dpi. The new HTC Home plug-in seems to run pretty well in 96dpi :)
    The Language packs are available in the next post. If you need any additional language feel free to request them.

Important! Please note that currently they are designed only for ENGLISH OS versions. The may behave unpredictibly under other OS.

- Version 1.1

I just released a new version. If there are some dlls missing for you desired langauge than it tries to make a copy the dlls in your device for the new language. As a result some programs may show up in English but I think this is much better than not working at all. I will prepare additional packs to support all the device specific applications as well but in the meanwhile you will have them at lease in English

If you have used version 1.0 already then please switch once to English and then back to your desired language.

I have included in both DPI packs a fix to close the gap at the bottom of the phone