FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tutorial] How to Flash and Root and Galaxy S Hoppin [SHW M190S]

3,917 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,377

By xsenman, Senior Member on 13th September 2013, 04:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
To Get General Idea about Flashing read the following threads (also written by me for other models)
How to Root Korean Phones
How to Flash M110S & PIT STOP
How to Flash M100S

Downloads for SHW M190S HOPPIN
PIT & Odin attached below

Stock ROM
All SHW M190S Hoppin ROM's
EA26
VG12
VH04
WC16
WD19 Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Root
Framaroot just install app and get root instantly.
unlockroot
cydia Impactor

Rooting Kernels
Tegrak VG12
Tegrak WD19
Download mode: Volume Down + Home key + Power.

General advice prior to Flashing any phone
Its always best to do a "clean" install. meaning you should remove any old scripts, data, cache, junk before flashing a new ROM, this is like taking a bath before using new clothes. For some models it is a must do, for others it may not be a major problem or can be resolved by flashing the dbdata.rfs to clear out the remaining junk that you failed to remove before flashing . But if you had "lagfix" and did not undo it, it can cause internal SD card unavailable situation, which can be difficult to resolve.

Hence before flashing its advisable to
a) undo lagfix, IF you had any.
b) Do a factory reset by settings>Privacy> factory reset ( erase SD Card - optional , as formatting SD card could be too)
c) And even going into recovery to wipe everything is also good.
d) Removing SIM Card and External SD card ( makes it easier for phone to boot up initially after flashing a new ROM)

Doing this will give you a "Clean" install or fresh start for your phone.

Make sure your Battery Charge is more than 50%, Samsung requires you to have 100% charge when using KIES to upgrade.

Reminder, What you do with your Phone is your own responsibility, so do it at your own risk
Flashing Procedure for Stock ROM using Odin3

1). You need to Factory Reset Phone first go to settings >Privacy> factory reset also can be done in recovery

2) Power Down and Enter Recovery Mode and wipe data and wipe cache

3) Power down and remove battery, Then reinsert the battery and Enter Download Mode

4) Fireup Odin3 on PC and Connect phone with USB cable to PC

5) Now select the ROM you had downloaded in Odin under PDA ( do not tick or press anything else )

5a) This is optional, depending on needs, meaning if your phone has problems than PIT file is used to partition the partitions.

When using , select M190S PIT file under PIT and (make sure re-partition is checked on Odin3)

When not using do not select re-partition on Odin3

6) Press Start Button on Odin3 and wait till is completed

7) Once phone has booted up and everything is working, power down and enter Recovery Mode, here you "factory Reset" phone one more time

That's it Now you will be using the new ROM you just flashed.
For Rootiing M190S using Tegrak kernel,
Flashing Procedure for Custom ROMs using CWM

like CM, AOKP, MIUI

Custom ROM Downloads
Download from Here CWM Recovery, CM, AOKP MIUI etc
CM 9.1 all fixed

Basic Knowledge
First make a Backup of your current ROM, such that you can return to it, IF the ICS, Jelly Bean ROM is not what you expected it to be. How?

When Using a tegrak Kernel on the M190S , you can get this done on the bootup screen , by entering it and making a system and also a dbdata/data backup of your phone, which can be restored by using the terak kernel again IF WD19 ROM is what suits you best.

Your backup will be placed in the Tegrak Folder in the Internal SD card...so save this to your PC or external SD card for safe keeping.

Stock and Tegrak Kernel cannot be used for ICS or Jelly Bean ROM, and you need to use a Version 5 and up CWM (ClockWorkMOD) recovery, to flash the Jelly Bean or ICS ROM direct from your SD card...as such the first thing you need to do is change the Recovery on your M190S to a version 5 ClockWorkMOD.

Which means you need to use Odin and Flash the recovery.tar in download mode, just like you flash kernels and gingerbread ROM's on your phone in the past.
Here is the basic procedure for Jelly Bean or ICS Roms upgrade
1) Download the CWM Recovery.tar File attached below, the ROMs in .zip format ( it can be as many as you wish, for you to test them out, one after the other) and Place them in a Folder (create and name it as you wish) on your SD Card Also Download the Gapps.zip (Google apps) Files that need to be flashed after flashing the ROM. ( So it will always be two packages to flash, in order to get your phone functioning)

2) Flash the version 5 and up CWM recovery on your Phone, How?

Put your phone into download mode, Fireup Odin3 on your PC, connect to Odin3 with USB cable, select CWM Ver.5.0 recovery.tar under PDA and Flash it. Ensure you do not reboot the phone by "UNTICK" reboot in Odin3 such that it will not power ON after Flashing, in case it does power ON, just pull out Battery , press power button for 30 seconds and insert battery again

3) After flashing recovery with Odin, You can enter " Recovery Mode" . You do this every-time you want to switch to a JellyBean or iCS ROM or to utilize the many features this recovery has, like Backup/restore/fix permissions and mostly to do the full wipes (NEEDED to be done every time you want to SWITCH ROMS) etc

4) Once in CWM Recovery you do the Full wipes (use your volume keys to move up or down in the recovery menu to select and the power key to execute that command).

The undermentioned wipes need to be done and will constitute a FULL Wipe of your Phone but your SD card will not be fully formatted as such your Images and other non system files will remain as is.

a) Wipe data / Factory reset
b) Wipe cache
c) Enter advanced and wipe dalvic Cache

Once the full wipes are done,

5) You now choose the ROM you placed in your SD card by selecting "Install zip from sdcard" which will lead you to "choose zip from sdcard", which will take you to all the folders you have on your SD Card..scroll down to where you placed the downloaded files and select it

Once selected the ROM will be Flashed on to your phone, so wait till it says "install completed" Now you do the same selection process again (Step 5) to select the Gapps file and wait till it says "Install completed"

6) That's it, Now select "Reboot system Now".

Now the ROM has been installed on your phone, so let it boot up and you can repeat this procedure to switch again and again till you have the best ROM of your choosing.

In the event that it fails to boot-up or you placed a wrong ROM that caused a boot loop or any other problem, just look in My Android Solutions , IF you cannot enter Recovery mode to flash another ROM.

You can also use Odin3 to Flash a Gingerbread ROM in Download mode and use your backup to return your phone to its original state.

Check this out!You , YES! you are an " Android ". Not your phone but U.

You Must watch this documentary concerning your privacy Terms & Conditions we had agreed to, by using a PC or Smartphone

How to say Thank you? If you find any post helpful on XDA, please click on the Thanks button
If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select Thanks
Its easier to give "Feedback" in this manner than make an additional post.
Attached Files
File Type: rar M190S.rar - [Click for QR Code] (503 Bytes, 4162 views)
File Type: tar M190S recovery.tar - [Click for QR Code] (4.52 MB, 5311 views)
File Type: rar M110S & M190S - Odin3 v1.70.rar - [Click for QR Code] (167.1 KB, 3277 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xsenman Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 04:49 PM |#2  
Flag Hoamagama
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Unhappy Cannot boot after flashing recovery
I flashed recovery as mentioned in the post..
when I power on, it shows that blue line and fills it.. after filling is complete it stays there.. nothing happens thereafter..
9th October 2013, 12:55 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo.dce

I flashed recovery as mentioned in the post..
when I power on, it shows that blue line and fills it.. after filling is complete it stays there.. nothing happens thereafter..

Read again and follow it carefully, you do not boot phone after flashing recovery, you power down and enter recovery to flash the ROM.

Check this out! You , YES! you are an " Android ". Not your phone but U.

You Must watch this documentary concerning your privacy Terms & Conditions we had agreed to, by using a PC or Smartphone

How to say Thank you? If you find any post helpful on XDA, click on their Thanks button
If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select Thanks
Its easier to give "Feedback" in this manner than make an additional post.
24th October 2013, 07:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
need advice
please help me guys... my hoppin bricked i dont know why... its stuck in bootloop recovery mode and samsung anycall logo change .. and display an error message
E:failed to mount /dbdata(invalid argument)
failed on /dev/block/stl10
etc

any solution?
25th October 2013, 12:21 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocongdongok

please help me guys... my hoppin bricked i dont know why... its stuck in bootloop recovery mode and samsung anycall logo change .. and display an error message
E:failed to mount /dbdata(invalid argument)
failed on /dev/block/stl10
etc

any solution?

stl10 means you have some junk in your data partition, (most likely mp3 files) that needs clearing, so you have to flash the dbdata.rfs already in your ROM package one more time, try to unzip the ROM and flash only the dbdata.rfs file using Odin3 as PDA

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xsenman Ad-Free
25th October 2013, 07:20 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

stl10 means you have some junk in your data partition, (most likely mp3 files) that needs clearing, so you have to flash the dbdata.rfs already in your ROM package one more time, try to unzip the ROM and flash only the dbdata.rfs file using Odin3 as PDA

im already unzip the ROM . theres only 3 file (modem.bin , z image , and factoryfs)... theres no dbdata.rfs... what should i do now sir? sorry for my english

where can i get boot.img
sbl.bin
recovery.img
cache.img
data.img
hidden.img
param.lfs

for shw-m190s ? thanks for you help before
25th October 2013, 08:21 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

More
Quote:

im already unzip the ROM . theres only 3 file (modem.bin , z image , and factoryfs)... theres no dbdata.rfs... what should i do now sir?

I am not sure which m190s ROM has the CSC files as well as others that you mention and I do not use this model, so I will attach the dbdata.rfs file for M110S, which is identical and closest to this model, flash it to recover and solve your problem after that you can flash the WD19 ( M190S Latest ROM) to make it perfect.

Flash this as "PDA" using Odin3 version 1.7

25th October 2013, 08:52 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

I am not sure which m190s ROM has the CSC files as well as others that you mention and I do not use this model, so I will attach the dbdata.rfs file for M110S, which is identical and closest to this model, flash it to recover and solve your problem after that you can flash the WD19 ( M190S Latest ROM) to make it perfect.

still stuck at recovery mode... samsung galaxy s hoppin boot logo didnt appear ..
25th October 2013, 08:58 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

More
Quote:

still stuck at recovery mode... samsung galaxy s hoppin boot logo didnt appear ..

Remove Ext SD card as well as SIM card first. After that press and hold power button for a min , reboot phone, than do a full wipe ( factory rest & Wipe cache) in recovery mode after that flash the ROM again

25th October 2013, 09:53 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

Remove Ext SD card as well as SIM card first. After that press and hold power button for a min , reboot phone, than do a full wipe ( factory rest & Wipe cache) in recovery mode after that flash the ROM again

not working....
25th October 2013, 11:22 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

More
Quote:

not working....

can you tell me what you flashed from the beginning?, I mean the files you used and the procedure, also did you have any lag fix prior to flashing?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)